Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game balls & goats- battle by the bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
horrible 3 down play calling.

But for that 3rd and a mile, every failed 3rd down conversion had routes run beyond the marker and Weeden never threw to them.

I'm gonna say the big reason for that is that people weren't open, but i'm sure there is an occasion where it's on Weeden.

I'm not even blaming the situations where it's 3rd and 8 and we throw for 6, it seems like a lot of that is receivers running short of the sticks, which is maddening.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game ball is a little less obvious than others, but I think it is deserved:

Pat Shurmur

The team only had 2 penalties (25 yards). The Raiders had 10 (65 yards), a number we're not unfamiliar with this season. You want to see where the discipline is coming down from the HC? That's huge for this young team, especially on the road.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
This game ball is a little less obvious than others, but I think it is deserved:

Pat Shurmur

The team only had 2 penalties (25 yards). The Raiders had 10 (65 yards), a number we're not unfamiliar with this season. You want to see where the discipline is coming down from the HC? That's huge for this young team, especially on the road.

Penalties were a huge improvement. Props to Shurmur for that.

Also Props because we are still playing VERY HARD for a team that has been out of the race for weeks.

Now

Was anyone else flipping out on that 4th and 1??? When we did the QB Sneak on 3rd and 1. First off, I thought we got there. 2nd off, if Pat was going to call the timeout there to decide what to do, why not challenge the spot??? Worst case, you lose and spend the timeout anyway!

Am I off base on this???

Just peeved me a bit.

Also, not necessarily all on Pat, but the MoMass big play, we couldn't even get the next play off and had to use a TO. That stuff makes me so mad

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

2nd off, if Pat was going to call the timeout there to decide what to do, why not challenge the spot??? Worst case, you lose and spend the timeout anyway!

If the refs ruled that the play was forward progress, it could not be reviewed unless I am mistaken
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

2nd off, if Pat was going to call the timeout there to decide what to do, why not challenge the spot??? Worst case, you lose and spend the timeout anyway!

If the refs ruled that the play was forward progress, it could not be reviewed unless I am mistaken

How the hell does that work. We needed 1 yard. He got 1 yard and was pushed back and then given the worst possible spot.

If that is real, it's beyond stupid.

You should be able to review the tape and see that Weeden got to the sticks.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Note: If that's true, I would apologize to Pat

ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

I hope so. Otherwise, that was a pretty big mistake by Shurmur.

But more importantly, I loved the way the O-line fired off the ball on the next play. They pushed the whole Raider front 7 about 3 yards deep. Great play.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

I hope so. Otherwise, that was a pretty big mistake by Shurmur.

But more importantly, I loved the way the O-line fired off the ball on the next play. They pushed the whole Raider front 7 about 3 yards deep. Great play.

Agree on both points

nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of our Dline getting no pressure yesterday.

I think that was one of their worst games in ahwhile.

We really need another pass rusher.

Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Good point.

The Raiders ran about 35 plays out of shotgun. That usually means it will be a quick pass and pressure will tend to need to come from a blitzer.

My guess is that it was their adjustment to our Dline's performance in the last game. I didn't look at how often they usually run out of shotgun.

But it seems like they wanted to take our Dline out of the game for the most part, and attack our secondary. I also think they had much of the success they did primarily because of Gipson's inexperience.

For that game, a pass rusher wouldn't have been as valuable as a better safety, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Good point.

The Raiders ran about 35 plays out of shotgun. That usually means it will be a quick pass and pressure will tend to need to come from a blitzer.

My guess is that it was their adjustment to our Dline's performance in the last game. I didn't look at how often they usually run out of shotgun.

But it seems like they wanted to take our Dline out of the game for the most part, and attack our secondary. I also think they had much of the success they did primarily because of Gipson's inexperience.

For that game, a pass rusher wouldn't have been as valuable as a better safety, imo.

This I gotta hear. A nasty RDE putting Palmer on his tail, hurrying the throws, changing the launch point and repeatedly knocking him down. Is a good as a FS....Okay Confused

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Good point.

This I gotta hear. A nasty RDE putting Palmer on his tail, hurrying the throws, changing the launch point and repeatedly knocking him down. Is a good as a FS....Okay Confused

He means because they were going for the shotgun and quick pass.

Unless someone busts through there VERY QUICKLY, we would not have pressured him. I get what he means.

There were some plays where he couldn't get it out quickly and a Beast RDE would have gotten a few sacks for sure.

Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Entropy wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Good point.

He means because they were going for the shotgun and quick pass.

Unless someone busts through there VERY QUICKLY, we would not have pressured him. I get what he means.

There were some plays where he couldn't get it out quickly and a Beast RDE would have gotten a few sacks for sure.

Yes, that's what I meant...and you're absolutely correct that Palmer didn't always get the ball out fast and a better pass rushing RDE could have made a difference.

I guess my point was that, for that game, Gipson was the bigger problem than Rucker/Parker/Winn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh. I thought you were talking position rather than personel. Nevermind then.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

I'm not sure, I would think not being allowed to challenge because of forward progress would pertain to fumbles, not the spot of the ball. Rules change every year, and I don't keep up but you used to be able to challege the spot of the ball. I don't know if it was obvious and would be overturned, I watched the game from my computer and couldn't tell.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
MalcolmBrown wrote:

Pat Shurmur

Penalties were a huge improvement. Props to Shurmur for that.

Also Props because we are still playing VERY HARD for a team that has been out of the race for weeks.

Now

Was anyone else flipping out on that 4th and 1??? When we did the QB Sneak on 3rd and 1. First off, I thought we got there. 2nd off, if Pat was going to call the timeout there to decide what to do, why not challenge the spot??? Worst case, you lose and spend the timeout anyway!

Am I off base on this???

Just peeved me a bit.

Also, not necessarily all on Pat, but the MoMass big play, we couldn't even get the next play off and had to use a TO. That stuff makes me so mad

Even Oakland fans were commenting on how we got screwed on that spot. Not only that, they screwed us again the next time when they gave Oakland a spot a good yrd further than it should have been.

Vince Lombardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: