Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

incognito_man Mach 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: incognito_man Mach 2 Reply with quote

No babe pics this time Sad

NO LONGER WITH US
Donald Driver - game has passed him by
Greg Jennings - tag'n'traded to Miami for their 2nd (they also have Colts 2nd)
Frank Zombo - not retained
Brad Jones - tests the market, gets a better deal elsewhere

BROUGHT BACK
Tom Crabtree - because TT likes reading him on twittter
EDS - Signed initially to compete in T.C.
Sam Shields - we match offer sheet after he's tendered
Erik Walden - decent depth, doesn't attract much interest elsewhere, competes in T.C.

2013 DRAFT
1st Round - Robert Woods, WR, USC

Seems to be slipping a bit, but has the best characteristics in this draft for us. Might need to move up a bit to nab him, but TT likez playmakerz and WR is a premium position and he looks for Jenning's replacement. Load up on the position for Rodger's 30's.

2nd Round - Jonathan Cooper, OL, North Carolina

G/C who can provide initial depth if Saturday is retained after T.C. or could become starter at C if he shows enough in camp. Boosts depth at the interior that is needed.

2nd Round - Shariff Floyd, DL, Florida

We have a LOT of pending free agents along the DL coming up after 2013 and grabbing another DL high seems prudent to give us some flexibility. Floyd is an active lineman who could provide some more pass-rush from our downlineman. I love the idea of stocking up on front 7 going forward.

3rd Round - Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

I suspect Ball won't well extremely well at the combine and might slide a bit, but I like his skill set in WI and think he'd be excellent value at the end of the 3rd if he's still around. Would be a fan favorite to win a starting gig. Has 3-down potential as well.

4th Round - Quanterus Smith, LB, Western Kentucky

Was tied for the national lead in sacks this year before tearing his ACL. Recorded 3 sacks against Alabama's offensive line this year as well. We could use more pass-rush help though Smith may need a year (or 8 weeks) to recover.

4th Round Compensatory - Andrew Jackson, LB, Western Kentucky

TT stuns the football community going back-to-back Western Kentucky LBs just because he's having fun out there and enjoys the storyline. Plus, he gets a damn nice LB prospect at a position where more depth is needed if we lose Brad Jones.

5th Round - Michael Williams, TE, Alabama

TT gets serious about improving our running game and grabs a TE who knows how to contribute in that department. Might surprise some and offer something in the pass game as well. Big fella.

6th Round - Montori Hughes, NT, Tennessee Martin

Good production in small school. Could use a big fella on the P.S. to groom.

7th Round - Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama

Goes back to the SEC to get a run-oriented player. Kuhn is a free agent soon and it wouldn't hurt to stash a S.T. and FB on the P.S. for future use.

ROSTER
QB - Rodgers // Coleman (2)
RB - Ball // Starks // Green (5)
FB - Kuhn // Folwer (7)
WR - Nelson // Cobb // Jones // Woods // Boykin (12)
TE - Finley // Crabtree // Williams // Wiliams (16)
OL - Sherrod // Lang // Saturday // Sitton // Bulaga // Newhouse // Cooper // EDS // Barclay (25)

DL - Pickett // Raji // Worthy // Wilson // Daniels // Floyd // Neal (32)
LB - Matthews // Bishop // Hawk // Perry // Walden // Smith // Smith // Jackson // Moses (41)
DB - Woodson // Williams // Hayward // House // Shields // Burnett // Jennings // Bush // McMillian

ST - Same
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secretly praying for Woods. The guy would just be a perfect fit. Amazing routes, catches pretty much everything, knows how to block, and then there's the fact that he's a "Packer Player" to the core. If we lose Jennings, Woods would be perfect.

Stone65 with the sig!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Woods is there, sure, take him. I just, eh, don't like another WR. I know it's about the future and it's a smart selection, so I wouldn't complain per se, but if there's an elite-grade C/OG then I go that way. But you address it in round two, so no worries.

Ball would be nice here, but what about that work load he took on at the college level? Could look at it two ways: he's durable, or he has a lot of wear and tear already. A third round spot isn't too bad as long as he tests well. Could use some depth at the RB position. With that being said, can he play ST? That's critical, too. And that I don't know the answer to.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not understand why we would draft Michael Williams to be another Crabtree, when Crabtree is playing pretty darn well.

Just saying...

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you spelled mokk wrong

btw i like it though. idk how i feel about keeping kuhn anymore though. i know he's great on teams, but outside of that, i think our TEs can do anything he does.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
I do not understand why we would draft Michael Williams to be another Crabtree, when Crabtree is playing pretty darn well.

Just saying...

Teams carry more than 1,2, and possibly 3 TEs.
packattack86

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft, love Woods as a replacement for Greg, Cooper might go in rd1 but he would be great, Floyd adds depth behind Pickett, and Ball is a beast.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: incognito_man Mach 2 Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
No babe pics this time Sad

no babes, no comments....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way do I keep Fowler over a guy like Quarless, unless you see Quarless as not healthy enough to play.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of those 2nds seem very unlikely to be available at those spots, just my opinion. I would love Cooper and Floyd though. Woods is solid, but I think him in the 2nd would be more realistic and less of a reach.

Williams would not be another Crabtree. Tom has played great, but he is an undersized "try hard" blocking TE. Williams has elite size and strength to be an exceptional blocking TE. And as stated, depth at the position is a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No love for Crabtree?

He does what is asked of him, keeps working hard and has improved. Chumura, Wilde, and Homer were talking yesterday morning and throwing around that with Finley gone that Crabtree might end up the starting TE next year. W/o Quarless out there, Crabtree is our best blocking TE and the team needs to have that badly. Plus we don't know when or if Quarless will be back to 100% and re-gain his form before injury. And Quarless is a free agent in '14.

As for this Mock, definitely like some of the players on it. Not as high on Woods as many are yet. He's still not back to the level he was before injury.

Have to agree with Riot on Cooper and Floyd. Like both of them, but lately have been seeing them going late rd 1 or higher on Mocks out there. Anything is possible though at this time I suppose. Still think would have to have both 2nd rd picks from mid to high 2nd rounders to get them imo.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:

Have to agree with Riot on Cooper and Floyd. Like both of them, but lately have been seeing them going late rd 1 or higher on Mocks out there. Anything is possible though at this time I suppose. Still think would have to have both 2nd rd picks from mid to high 2nd rounders to get them imo.

I disgree with this line of thinking ever so slightly. At this time of year we have 45 names associated with the 1st round, but only 32 make it. Then you have the surprise picks (Irvin, Zeitler, etc). Weeden, Harrison Smith, David Wilson, Doug Martin, etc were players I consider in that top 45 that made it into the first. Meanwhile Upshaw slipped to the 2nd, and so on.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
No way do I keep Fowler over a guy like Quarless, unless you see Quarless as not healthy enough to play.

Yeah, I completely forgot about Quarless...

whoops!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
Both of those 2nds seem very unlikely to be available at those spots, just my opinion. I would love Cooper and Floyd though. Woods is solid, but I think him in the 2nd would be more realistic and less of a reach.

Williams would not be another Crabtree. Tom has played great, but he is an undersized "try hard" blocking TE. Williams has elite size and strength to be an exceptional blocking TE. And as stated, depth at the position is a good thing.

They might be, but the slots aren't outrageous or anything, nothing wrong with optimism as to who might be where at this point in the process.

Agreed on the Crabtree situation. I don't have to dislike Crabtree to want another TE. Think more along the lines of big Williams as a roster replacement for Taylor and the potential to take time away from Crabtree and/or Quarless depending on his play.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Terranimal wrote:

I disgree with this line of thinking ever so slightly. At this time of year we have 45 names associated with the 1st round, but only 32 make it. Then you have the surprise picks (Irvin, Zeitler, etc). Weeden, Harrison Smith, David Wilson, Doug Martin, etc were players I consider in that top 45 that made it into the first. Meanwhile Upshaw slipped to the 2nd, and so on.

Things seem to even though. For instance, Jeffcoat is out on IR and looks likely to return back to school, while recent news leads us to think DL Nix is coming out.

What you say is true. Someone always slips to late round one and others into and down into round 2. On my own Big Board actually tier for in between rounds. For instance know a given 15 or so will go in each round as forecasted. But then there are those that could go a round higher or go through the half of the next round. That is how currently have Floyd and Cooper. They could go from mid-late round one through mid round 2. Don't see either falling all the way to the end of round two unless something would come out that we aren't privy to.

But usually players go where the NFL draft services and NFL teams have them slated. It's the Mock sites that have the biggest changes around on players going extreme up and down. Just as there isn't much for sleepers anymore to the NFL, just to us and some draft sites.

Of course we do have teams like the Raiders when under Davis, that would make a pick and have everyone scratching their heads.... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: