Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jake Long out for the season.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Jake Long out for the season. Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/dolphins-fear-jake-long-out-for-season/

Dolphins fear Long has torn triceps. Could this be Jake Long's final game as a Dolphin?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/04/jake-long-done-for-season-maybe-done-for-miami/

Last edited by Fins20??SBChamp on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely is. With the playoffs even further away I expect to see players getting some shots. With Martin going to LT it kind of showed their plans for next season. I don't see Ireland paying as much as Long is going to ask for with his injury history as of late.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid internet link was terrible. How did Martin do at LT, I couldn't follow it.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a straight up trade for Mike Wallace make sense? The season he is having shouldn't garner a huge contract and maybe he'll want a change of scenery. Just an idea...and it will give us a vertical threat.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:
Stupid internet link was terrible. How did Martin do at LT, I couldn't follow it.

I had the game live here, and he allowed at least one sack, maybe two, to a Pats' backup DE.

I'm not sure if he beat Long on the first one or if Martin allowed both.

But honestly, other than that (and I know sacks are big, but still) he didn't seem to do too bad.

I really think it'd be a damn shame if Long really is on his way out. He seemed like our "LT for the next decade", but since he got hurt...he really just hasn't been the same.

I really want to see Miami try and keep him, and see if he can't finally get healthy for next year...but even if he doesn't hang around much longer, I don't think the club should regret taking him where they did. Not for one second.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Would a straight up trade for Mike Wallace make sense? The season he is having shouldn't garner a huge contract and maybe he'll want a change of scenery. Just an idea...and it will give us a vertical threat.

I'd LOVE to have Wallace. He's my #1 FA for us, and it lets us pass on a WR early in the 13' draft. The Steelers wouldn't do it, though, unless they knew they could sign Long to an extension.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:

Are you suggesting Miami and Pittsburgh will both franchise tag their players and then trade them to each other? Because I don't see that happening.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:

He did well. He missed a late blitz by OJ Mayo but that was more of a recognition problem. You can tell he is much more comfortable on the left side. Not saying he is on Jake Long's level after one game but it is encouraging. Plus they were able to run a screen to the left.

I am a little concerned about the injury to Long but Terrell Suggs returned from the same injury in 6 weeks. Miami has to unload Jake this off season. I am sure Detroit, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Chicago would love to have him.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon Smith is within reach to break the sacks record. Well, he would need a big game or two, but it looks like Martin is the LT now. How has been all season? Just by reading this thread looks like he had a little up and down game?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

...a late blitz by OJ Mayo

hammer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Jake Long and his agent agree to a sign and trade deal and franchising long would be a huge gamble.

Could Miami place a second round tender on Long? I'm not sure how the restricted tags work.
NBA: New York Knicks
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake is gone....and he should be. This is not due to his play, but the fact that 1. he doesn't fit this offensive style, 2. he's going to be very expensive, 3. he has had a history of injuries....mostly the kind he can play with, but only at 85% or so. If Martin continues to improve on the left side the Dolphins need only to replace a RT which in the end is much cheaper.

I think if Jake signs somewhere else the Dolphins get a 3rd round compensatory pick....
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

...a late blitz by OJ Mayo

Hahaha, I completely overlooked that.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really should've traded him when we had the chance.

Nacho Simulation Football League
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dibs on Long Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: