Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT - Houston vs New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you make of the Madden Simulation?
It is wrong, Texans win big
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
It is right on, Pats barely win
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Its not even close, Pats destroy texans
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
It just missed it, Texans pull off a close one
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Canton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...and we were doing OH so well. Sad

Canton wrote:
With all-world multitalented athletes at the offensive skilled positions in Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, Danny Woodhead, Rob Gronkowski, and Stevan Ridley.. pretty much gives ANY defense hell on earth for an entire 60 minutes, and I can care less how good your defense is or who you have lol it simply does not matter against weapons like these... not to mention you still have Dont'e Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd, Shane Vereen, Visanthe Schiancoe and Daniel Fells as secondaries? Guys who could start on other teams easily? PLEASE .. good luck to any defense facing them.. and speaking of which, that Defense that they have (NE) is stingier then a burglar inside an open house full of jewels on X-Mas day.

With all-world multitalented athletes at the offensive skilled positions in Andre Johson, Owen Daniels, Ben Tate, Adrian Peterson, and Arian Foster.. pretty much gives ANY defense hell on earth for an entire 60 minutes, and I can care less how good your defense is or who you have lol it simply does not matter against weapons like these... not to mention you still have Keshawn Martin, Kevin Walter, Justin Forsett, James Casey and Garrett Graham as secondaries? Guys who could start on other teams easily? PLEASE .. good luck to any defense facing them.. and speaking of which, that Defense that they have (Hou) is stingier then a burglar inside an open house full of jewels on X-Mas day.

Very Happy Laughing

True above but Owen Daniels is no Aaron Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski, and besides Aaron Hernandez can play X. And I forgot Brandon Bolden, once he comes back from injury, he is pretty explosive himself. And your secondary guys .. not too menacing at all, Kevin Walters is above average, but thats about it. And the defense doesn't have the same amount of turnovers as New England. You pass the ball enough against New England, and you'll pay the price.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
True above but Owen Daniels is no Aaron Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski, and besides Aaron Hernandez can play X. And I forgot Brandon Bolden, once he comes back from injury, he is pretty explosive himself. And your secondary guys .. not too menacing at all, Kevin Walters is above average, but thats about it. And the defense doesn't have the same amount of turnovers as New England. You pass the ball enough against New England, and you'll pay the price.

OD is highly underrated by many, he's arguably the most consistent target Matt Schaub has had over this season. Andre Johnson is the explosive of the bunch, but OD is Schaub's first read on many plays. As far as the NE TEs - yes, I'd take both of 'em over OD, in the same vein I'd take a Porsche or Ferrari over a Nissan GT-R. Not a knock on the GT-R (a fantastic car in its own right) just a shout out to the Porsche and Ferrari. If I don't have the budget for a 911 or a 360 Modena, I can happily drive the GT-R and get all the performance I should expect from the vehicle, with no real qualms over my selection.

(Hope that makes sense, I've been in a car mood as of late).

However, in the context of this game, I fail to see how Rob Gronkowski impacts anything, as he's still out with the forearm and ankle injury (my fantasy team laments the loss). It's why I dropped Adrian Peterson's name in my post - AP will have as much of an impact in this game as Gronk. Wink

For as "unmenacing" as Keshawn Martin is, you can't seriously consider the likes of Donte Stallworth as someone who is better than him. There's a reason why Stallworth was sitting and waiting for a phone call for 3/4th of the season - he's simply not good. Maybe he had a good season a long time ago, but those days are over. Had Julian Edelman been healthy, I'd give you the nod on this one, but injuries are a part of this game. Gotta knuckle up.

In regards to the rest - as bad as you make it seem, it isn't like Daniel Fells is some great advantage over James Casey, or Vishanthe Shancoe is so much better than Garrett Graham, or Shane Vereen is some revelation over Justin Forsett. In fact, I would argue the opposite on these names - the Texans have advantages when weighing out the Texans players vs the Pats players when looking at these respective spots on each teams' depth chart. Only secondary name that has some weight is Lloyd, and he's been uninspiring, to say the least (again, my fantasy team laments the lack of production). I'd say Lloyd over Walter by a slight margin, Martin over Stallworth by a significant margin, Casey over Fells or Shancoe by a considerable margin, and...well, think I'm making my case. Throwing out names for the sake of throwing out names doesn't cut it amongst us who REALLY follow football, and Daniel Fells and all of his three catches don't compare to the likes of either of ODs backups. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

(I'm not even going to touch Shiancoe and his 0/0/0 effort this season, mind you).

In short - if you're going to pimp out players, pimp out the GOOD ones.

I'm not too worried about the turnovers, as the Texans O has been a very conservative unit. I complain about it at times, but the truth is - the Texans RBs don't really fumble the ball much, and Matt Schaub is not the type of QB to throw a ball that is picked off easily. This has been a staple of a Gary Kubiak offense, since his days in Denver - turnovers are a pet peeve of his, and the inability to hang onto the ball has led to players getting cut (Sage Rosenfels, Jacoby Jones, Steve Slaton).

One advantage the Texans do have is at the offensive line, where they boast one of the best LT/LG/C trios in the NFL, and has finally developed a RG/RT tandem that can play up to the level of the remainder of the unit. Pats defense is good, the front seven is developing nicely with some young players - but it's not too far from the truth that this will be the best front five that the Patriots will have to play this season (depending on how you feel about the OL of the SF 49ers - next weeks' opponent).

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Last edited by EliteTexan80 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
And I forgot Brandon Bolden, once he comes back from injury, he is pretty explosive himself.

...you mean the same Brandon Bolden who is coming back from a four game PED suspension, and hasn't played a snap of football since week 6? That Brandon Bolden? He had one good game, and vanished. I can't take him as a threat, in any sort of way. Even Bill Belicheck states that he has no clue how much Bolden will play, if at all.

The #4 RB on any team doesn't worry me too much, much like you shouldn't worry about Jonathan Grimes this Monday.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJoe's quote after practice today, "I feel 100% ready to go"
That's great news!

Also reason #1253 why I love this team. They all got matching Texans letterman jackets.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Also reason #1253 why I love this team. They all got matching Texans letterman jackets.

This. I cracked up when I saw the picture on the Chronicle site. Awesome.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who said he hopes we rest everyone this week and lose so the Patriots don't have any tape on us in the playoffs lol. I was like "I feel like we did this kind of towards the end of last year and it cost us home field advantage so I'll root for the win and hope for home field, rather than holding back and IF we play them in the playoffs, having some sort of tactical advantage"

smh darn aggies Rolling Eyes
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I hate about Monday night is how long the week feels. Especially this season where every week, you're expecting your team to win. I like SNF better than MNF.

Go Texans!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scurfield just tweeted that JJoe and Bradie will play Monday night and Garett Graham has 1 more concussion test to pass to be able to play.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Scurfield just tweeted that JJoe and Bradie will play Monday night and Garett Graham has 1 more concussion test to pass to be able to play.

Awesome news. Anything on Newton perhaps playing?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsonParade wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Awesome news. Anything on Newton perhaps playing?

He tightened up after practice this morning, so it's not looking good. Caldwell should be back also.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now the weather forecast on Monday night is 40 degrees, 12-17 mph winds with 60-80% rain.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
As of right now the weather forecast on Monday night is 40 degrees, 12-17 mph winds with 60-80% rain.

Seems like a repeat of the Bears game conditions-wise.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre is calling out the team to rise up and push hard for the last stretch, I hope we come out playing hard and put it to them.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsonParade wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Seems like a repeat of the Bears game conditions-wise.

That's scary. We only put up 13 that game and Tom Brady is an outstanding bad weather qb.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did wear them ha! But a popped collar too?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: