Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT - Houston vs New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you make of the Madden Simulation?
It is wrong, Texans win big
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
It is right on, Pats barely win
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Its not even close, Pats destroy texans
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
It just missed it, Texans pull off a close one
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dre is the man!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
kenney wrote:
I don't know why, but I am nearly as confident about this game as I was about the Texans - Ravens game. I don't mean to jinx anything by putting this out there, and the Pats are certainly a better team than the Ravens... I just feel like Houston matches up well against these Patriots.

I'd agree we match up well if our secondary is healthy. But with the state of health there I am very nervous and would say the Pats are the favorites.

I'm not sure we have the WR's to take advantage of your secondary. I'm in agreement with Tonyto, we are to banged up along the OL to protect TB from Watt and company, and our D is not as good against the run as advertised, I see a balanced attack from the Texans and the Pats getting blown out at home 45-17
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbperk wrote:
mse326 wrote:
kenney wrote:
I don't know why, but I am nearly as confident about this game as I was about the Texans - Ravens game. I don't mean to jinx anything by putting this out there, and the Pats are certainly a better team than the Ravens... I just feel like Houston matches up well against these Patriots.

I'd agree we match up well if our secondary is healthy. But with the state of health there I am very nervous and would say the Pats are the favorites.

I'm not sure we have the WR's to take advantage of your secondary. I'm in agreement with Tonyto, we are to banged up along the OL to protect TB from Watt and company, and our D is not as good against the run as advertised, I see a balanced attack from the Texans and the Pats getting blown out at home 45-17

I think - without Brice McCain in the slot and Brian Cushing in the middle playing soft coverage on TEs - Wes Welker and Aaron Hernandez is all you'd need to make life hell on the Texans D. You add to that the percieved threat of Danny Woodhead out of the backfield (and BB probably sending Woodhead out towards the side Whitney Mercilius plays on) and the Texans have their hands full.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbperk wrote:
mse326 wrote:
kenney wrote:

We might not win this game but there is no way we get blown out like that. I am a bit surprised by the lack of confidence from my Patriots' bredren, this team is better then that. If this was an away game I would say this would be 100% a loss but the Pats know how to sink their teeth and fight back even when they statistically don't look good. This one will be close.

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
TGShabba

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't often get embarrassed in prime time either. The last time we were outclassed in a night game was in 2009 against the Saints.

If we lose, it will be relatively close.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pats fans. You're active without being jerks.

As long as we win, can we play you guys every week? Or, at least, can you just come to all our gameday threads?
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

As long as we win, can we play you guys every week? Or, at least, can you just come to all our gameday threads?

Yes they are, very classy! Good thing we should be having atleast 1 annual game with them from now on!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
kenney wrote:

Yes they are, very classy! Good thing we should be having atleast 1 annual game with them from now on!

There's just no history between our teams, so there really isn't any rivalry or animosity. I'm hoping it stays that way with a good, clean game. At least you guys don't have Pollard anymore.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In his after practice media session Kub said all guys who missed last week are all game time decisions this week. I kinda hope they sit, we need to be healthy in Jan/Feb not Dec.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather hasnt been brought up yet. It's supposed to be low 40's with a 10+ mph wind and 60%chance of rain. That could be interesting seeing as we've played in a game like that already while the Pats havnt this year. Although they have played in some bad weather games, like when they hung 50 on the Titans in a blizzard.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The weather hasnt been brought up yet. It's supposed to be low 40's with a 10+ mph wind and 60%chance of rain. That could be interesting seeing as we've played in a game like that already while the Pats havnt this year. Although they have played in some bad weather games, like when they hung 50 on the Titans in a blizzard.

The Pats can play in bad weather, I don't think that's an issue.

I do think we have a better running game and defense than they have, but Tom Brady is one of the best bad weather QBs I've ever watched. It's a distinct advantage to them that they don't necessarily have to limit their playbook due to inclement weather.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

The Pats are really good on the snow. They have blown out the last 6 teams they have played in the snow (outscored 213-27). Unfortunately its not a snow game and we haven't played one in a while either.

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
Canton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all-world multitalented athletes at the offensive skilled positions in Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, Danny Woodhead, Rob Gronkowski, and Stevan Ridley.. pretty much gives ANY defense hell on earth for an entire 60 minutes, and I can care less how good your defense is or who you have lol it simply does not matter against weapons like these... not to mention you still have Dont'e Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd, Shane Vereen, Visanthe Schiancoe and Daniel Fells as secondaries? Guys who could start on other teams easily? PLEASE .. good luck to any defense facing them.. and speaking of which, that Defense that they have (NE) is stingier then a burglar inside an open house full of jewels on X-Mas day.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and we were doing OH so well. Sad

Canton wrote:
With all-world multitalented athletes at the offensive skilled positions in Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, Danny Woodhead, Rob Gronkowski, and Stevan Ridley.. pretty much gives ANY defense hell on earth for an entire 60 minutes, and I can care less how good your defense is or who you have lol it simply does not matter against weapons like these... not to mention you still have Dont'e Stallworth, Brandon Lloyd, Shane Vereen, Visanthe Schiancoe and Daniel Fells as secondaries? Guys who could start on other teams easily? PLEASE .. good luck to any defense facing them.. and speaking of which, that Defense that they have (NE) is stingier then a burglar inside an open house full of jewels on X-Mas day.

With all-world multitalented athletes at the offensive skilled positions in Andre Johson, Owen Daniels, Ben Tate, Adrian Peterson, and Arian Foster.. pretty much gives ANY defense hell on earth for an entire 60 minutes, and I can care less how good your defense is or who you have lol it simply does not matter against weapons like these... not to mention you still have Keshawn Martin, Kevin Walter, Justin Forsett, James Casey and Garrett Graham as secondaries? Guys who could start on other teams easily? PLEASE .. good luck to any defense facing them.. and speaking of which, that Defense that they have (Hou) is stingier then a burglar inside an open house full of jewels on X-Mas day.

Very Happy Laughing

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also (just because I like to help):

Canton wrote:
...and I can care less...

It's COULDN'T care less. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: