Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT - Houston vs New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you make of the Madden Simulation?
It is wrong, Texans win big
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
It is right on, Pats barely win
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Its not even close, Pats destroy texans
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
It just missed it, Texans pull off a close one
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling a good ole fashion sig bet, anyone want try and get one together?

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
I'm feeling a good ole fashion sig bet, anyone want try and get one together?

We did that last year and lost to the Panthers. Just for the superstitious.

Count me in
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Qbs are a push??

is this a question? I said QB advantage Pats
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Andre Johnson 200+ yards. ANOTHER SHOOTOUT LETS GO!

That'd be cool, but I like that they're getting Martin and Jean more involved as we get closer to playoffs. I'd like to see 3-4 catches by each of those guys over another ridiculous Andre Johnson day.

Quote:
Ball and McCain. It's honestly a blessing in disguise. If this weeks game actually had a lot on the line Joseph would have played. He is back to full health and he will definitely play this week.

AND Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael didn't look half bad last week, and getting them some PT and confidence before the playoffs is good too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't see this one being close if Joseph is out. If Joseph plays I think Pats win but it might be close. I've wanted Harris to get some PT when he was drafted last year and he finally got his share bit of it last week and played fairly well but he doesn't have enough experience. And now he is manning up with THE slot reciever in the league. Touchdown Wes Welker

35-21 Pats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the show Brandon Harris! Your first assignment Tom Brady and the Pats!

He was all over guys in coverage, but just couldnt get his head around in time, hopefully Vance can work his magic and fix that. Plus Harris being a coaches son, should be able to make adjustments rather quickly, and with a weeks worth of good game tape of him he should be able to correct the mistakes.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
kaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, why are we all acting like Harris is going to be a big contributor this week? Our DBs that see time when everyone's healthy:

Joseph
Jackson
McCain
Quin
Manning
Demps

If any of the CBs gets hurt, Ball is next in line. Ball was a game time decision this past week, and will likely be good to go next week. Same goes for Joseph. Even if McCain is out, I don't think Harris is in the rotation.
mse326

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaz wrote:
Wait, why are we all acting like Harris is going to be a big contributor this week? Our DBs that see time when everyone's healthy:

Joseph
Jackson
McCain
Quin
Manning
Demps

If any of the CBs gets hurt, Ball is next in line. Ball was a game time decision this past week, and will likely be good to go next week. Same goes for Joseph. Even if McCain is out, I don't think Harris is in the rotation.

Ball is next in line on the outside. We don't know about the nickel which is very different and lends more to smaller, quicker DB's like Harris. Plus for all we know Ball will be out again too.

I wouldn't be suprised if Harris gets the majority of reps as the nickel.

#JDI
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
Quote:

That'd be cool, but I like that they're getting Martin and Jean more involved as we get closer to playoffs. I'd like to see 3-4 catches by each of those guys over another ridiculous Andre Johnson day.

You'll get your wish.

The way BB gameplans (especially nowadays, with our defense being a bit of a shambles) is he heavily allocates resources towards a team's "biggest weapon" and practically begs you to use the rest. Means quiet days for Larry Fitzgeralds of the world and career days for the Donald Joneses of the world. I'm not a big DVOA guy but I've read the Pats are 6th in DVOA against #1 receivers, and 32nd in the NFL against "other receivers."

The guys who will really benefit from this matchup are the Houston tight ends. Spikes and Hightower can't cover them, but they can't be taken off the field because of Foster and the run game. Furthermore, all of our safeties are point blank terrible, except McCourty who will presumably be following Johnson around the entire game.

Realistically, there will be enough open space in the middle of the field to build a barn.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
Quote:

You'll get your wish.

The way BB gameplans (especially nowadays, with our defense being a bit of a shambles) is he heavily allocates resources towards a team's "biggest weapon" and practically begs you to use the rest. Means quiet days for Larry Fitzgeralds of the world and career days for the Donald Joneses of the world. I'm not a big DVOA guy but I've read the Pats are 6th in DVOA against #1 receivers, and 32nd in the NFL against "other receivers."

The guys who will really benefit from this matchup are the Houston tight ends. Spikes and Hightower can't cover them, but they can't be taken off the field because of Foster and the run game. Furthermore, all of our safeties are point blank terrible, except McCourty who will presumably be following Johnson around the entire game.

Realistically, there will be enough open space in the middle of the field to build a barn.

That's what I like to hear Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On Donte Stallworth, he's flying to New England tonight and will sign tomorrow. Pats WR Julian Edelman was in a boot postgame yesterday.

-Albert Breer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are as conservative as we were last game and throughout the season we're NOT winning this game. Sadly, I don't see Kubiak changing so I have this marked as an L.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of yal see the MNF promo tonight? G that was absolutely terrible. I can't remember what our promo was against the Jets but I hope ours isn't similar to this one. Hank Williams made MNF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we come out throwing again, like yesterday. Get the safety out of the box then start running Arian and company.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Did any of yal see the MNF promo tonight? G that was absolutely terrible. I can't remember what our promo was against the Jets but I hope ours isn't similar to this one. Hank Williams made MNF

Just press mute. They usually don't look absolutely terrible.

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
That's what I like to hear Laughing

Heh. In case you can't tell, I don't feel good about this matchup.

The Pats are winning, but if you watch the games you'll see them consistently losing at the LOS on both sides of the ball, especially in pass protection and rushing the passer.

If they come out and win and handle you guys up front, I will believe this team has what it takes to go all the way. Until then, I see a team that has weapons and talent but also fundamental flaws (o-line/lack of vertical threats on offense, defensive linemen who pressure the qb/safeties on defense), and those warts get exposed in January.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: