Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT - Houston vs New England
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you make of the Madden Simulation?
It is wrong, Texans win big
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
It is right on, Pats barely win
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Its not even close, Pats destroy texans
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
It just missed it, Texans pull off a close one
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Week 14 GDT - Houston vs New England Reply with quote

PATRIOTS BEAT TEXANS 34-28

December 10, 2012 - The New England Patriots beat the Houston Texans by a score of 34-28 tonight on Monday Night Football. Patriots QB Tom Brady threw for 346 yards and 4 TDs as the the patriots jumped out to an early 21-7 lead. The Texans made things interesting in the 2nd half scoring 2 TDs in the final 4 minutes of the game before a failed onside kick clinched the victory for the Patriots. Texans QB Matt Schuab was picked off 3 times and sacked twice by a Pats D that came ready to play. DPOY candidate JJ Watt was held without a sack.

Well this is what happens when you let Madden decide who is going to win a football game. I simulated the game and got these results, however i'm hoping we come a little more ready to play.

Keys to Victory

1. Stop the bleeding on D - We have been playing horrible the last 3 games on the defensive side of the ball. We have given up a ton of yards to sub .500 teams and we cannot afford to do that against the Pats.

2. Keep Andre Involved in the game - We tend to let him disappear in games and we are going to need his firepower to beat the Patriots. They are showing some improvement in pass defense, but they do not have a corner that can cover Andre

3. Protect the QB - We all know that Schuab is afraid to get hit, and when he is pressured it really makes it hard for us to throw the football. He hasn't been sacked much recently but he hasn't had the time to make the deep throw. We must protect him.

A Look at the Numbers

The Pats are ranked 4th and 6th on offense and i expect them to bring everything they have, knowing this is the last chance they have to make a play for a bye

The Pats D has been horrible defending the pass on the season ranking 30th threw 10 games, but have been pretty good against the run.

Positional Match ups

QB - Pats
RB - Push (leans Texans)
TE - Texans
WR - Texans
O-Line - Pats
D-Line - WATT
LB - Pats
CB - Push (Texans if we have JJoe back)
S - Pats
Special Teams - Pats

My Prediction

This is a really tough one for us to win on the road against a super bowl contender, but this is where champions are made! Im going to go against my instinct and against the all knowing Madden and im going to call this game for the Texans by a score of 38-34, with Andre Johnson being player of the game with 10 catches 150 yards and finally a TD

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a crazy tough game and I hope we have some of our defenders back because Tommy boy is prolly licking his chops seeing our secondary.....his quick throws will KILL us, honestly thats how you beat Houston, 3 step drops all day long
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Johnson 200+ yards. ANOTHER SHOOTOUT LETS GO!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
This will be a crazy tough game and I hope we have some of our defenders back because Tommy boy is prolly licking his chops seeing our secondary.....his quick throws will KILL us, honestly thats how you beat Houston, 3 step drops all day long

I think will realize this in film this week, and knock alot of balls down at the line.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
8 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 1 ff
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which DBs do you think are going to miss this game?
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Which DBs do you think are going to miss this game?

Ball and McCain. It's honestly a blessing in disguise. If this weeks game actually had a lot on the line Joseph would have played. He is back to full health and he will definitely play this week.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Week 14 GDT - Houston vs New England Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

Positional Match ups

QB - Pats
RB - Push (leans Texans)
TE - Texans
WR - Texans
O-Line - Pats
D-Line - WATT
LB - Pats
CB - Push (Texans if we have JJoe back)
S - Pats
Special Teams - Pats

I don't know where you got these from...

Danieal Manning and Glover Quin > McCourty and a warm body
Foster > Ridley

And the Pats best offensive lineman is hurt and ineffective (vollmer)... no Mankins, no Connolly, your O-line is certainly better as of today.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:

This is very possible. I see this game as possibly being a high scoring very close nail biter but we're playing in New England and the Patriots have been scoring alot of points lately. I think if we can run the ball effectively, control the clock, and keep Brady on the sideline then we stand a chance of winning. If not and we have to get into a shootout then I think the Patriots have the advantage and we lose.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad I'm going to miss next Monday. (Rockets/Spurs game).

I personally think we will lose. Patriots are a tough team especially at home. I am worried about their hurry up offense. Hopefully we get some key guys on defense like Joseph, Cody and James back in the lineup.

If we win and the Colts (vs titans), Ravens (at redskins) and Broncos (at Raiders) all lose we get homefield throughout the AFC playoffs.

Also, if we beat the Patriots and we are assured of HF throughout the AFC with a win in the remaining 3 games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Arian Foster was born when we played you guys last. I've been a fan of him ever since that game even though he killed our defense that day.
TGShabba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

This is very possible. I see this game as possibly being a high scoring very close nail biter but we're playing in New England and the Patriots have been scoring alot of points lately. I think if we can run the ball effectively, control the clock, and keep Brady on the sideline then we stand a chance of winning. If not and we have to get into a shootout then I think the Patriots have the advantage and we lose.

It's a pretty safe assumption that Bill's #1 priority is to take Andre Johnson away, followed by limiting Arian Foster. Johnson will probably have a few big catches, but I'm envisioning your tight ends having a bigger impact.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will know more in an hour after Kubs press conference, but after the game yesterday he said that all guy excluding Brooks that sat out yesterday have a heck of a shot at playing Monday, they are just gonna take it day by day.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
8 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 1 ff
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qbs are a push??
kaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing McCain and Reed are the only major guys not playing on Monday. I think Ball and Joseph were more precautionary decisions in Tennessee. Not sure about Brady James, but I'd like to think that the extra rest after Thanksgiving and extra day next week will give him a good shot at playing.

Last edited by kaz on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nihc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be a good ole fashioned slobberknocker. I don't think the Pats' run D is as good as it looks on paper and ditto for the pass D, I think it's a little better than paper says it is (especially recently).

I wonder if this will be a 'blueprint' game; a game that shows other teams how to beat the Pats/Texans. Maybe the Pats find a way to neutralize Watt or the Texans find a way to slow Brady down.

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: