Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prediction: Who Des Rex name to Start at QB VS Jax?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
justo wrote:
4th and God script is too perfect. Tebow plays against the Jaguars. Are his ribs okay?

Rex would NEVER start Tebow. Plus, he pretty much said that it will be McElroy or Sanchez starting next week.

If Jets happened to play wildcat game then Greene would be our starter at qb. lol.

Kerley!
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
I think he goes with Sanchez. He's still the best QB on the roster...whether he gives us the best chance to win remains to be seen.

My fear with him going with Sanchez is that McElroy may never get another shot to start if he doesn't get a start this week. Especially with Tebow on his way back from injury and Sanchez' insatiable ability to suck.

Mark Sanchez is not the bet QB on the roster. He might not even be the second best.
He's definitely the most talented with the most upside. I don't think that's debatable...Sanchez' problem is making smart decisions and avoiding mistakes. With the way this team is built, we can't rely turn the ball over and expect to win football games.

So while, yes, Sanchez is the best QB on this team, he probably doesn't give us the best chance to win. McElroy seems to be much better at 'managing' the game.'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
I think he goes with Sanchez. He's still the best QB on the roster...whether he gives us the best chance to win remains to be seen.

My fear with him going with Sanchez is that McElroy may never get another shot to start if he doesn't get a start this week. Especially with Tebow on his way back from injury and Sanchez' insatiable ability to suck.

Mark Sanchez is not the bet QB on the roster. He might not even be the second best.
He's definitely the most talented with the most upside. I don't think that's debatable...Sanchez' problem is making smart decisions and avoiding mistakes. With the way this team is built, we can't rely turn the ball over and expect to win football games.

So while, yes, Sanchez is the best QB on this team, he probably doesn't give us the best chance to win. McElroy seems to be much better at 'managing' the game.'

Mark Sanchez has NO upside at this point. His upside is David Carr like I have basically said from day one. You dont take a QB 5th overall whose played one full season surrounded by talent. Hope we learned our lesson. Mark Sanchez was a MONUMENTAL mistake.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Mark Sanchez has NO upside at this point. His upside is David Carr like I have basically said from day one. You dont take a QB 5th overall whose played one full season surrounded by talent. Hope we learned our lesson. Mark Sanchez was a MONUMENTAL mistake.

A) You haven't said that since day 1. From what I remember you were a fan of getting Sanchez

B) His talent around him was good but it wasn't otherworldly, I don't think anyone on offense has made an impact in the NFL.

C) Sanchez was good for the Jets believe it or not. Without him we wouldn't have gone to two AFC Conference games in a row. For all his poor showings, he did well in the playoffs and led us in those victories.

I for one enjoyed the Sanchez era a whole
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame the defense didn't show up to play in either AFCCG, because Sanchez did.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

A) You haven't said that since day 1. From what I remember you were a fan of getting Sanchez

B) His talent around him was good but it wasn't otherworldly, I don't think anyone on offense has made an impact in the NFL.

C) Sanchez was good for the Jets believe it or not. Without him we wouldn't have gone to two AFC Conference games in a row. For all his poor showings, he did well in the playoffs and led us in those victories.

I for one enjoyed the Sanchez era a whole

LOL listen im not going to argue with you because i am getting sick and tired of this, but if you go back to the 2009 draft day threads, or others, I and many others weren't happy, i would say 70% of this forum didnt want Sanchez but we embraced him because that was the direction we were going in. We also defended him because that was our QB. It says youve been here since 2010 so I'm really not too sure how you would remember that anyways.

Theres no telling what we could have done with a different QB. Maybe in 2009 we get to the superbowl? We might have been even better, or maybe worse, but overall Mark was always more of a player that held us back as opposed to helping us move forward.

I do agree that we did a terrible job building around him, because honestly, we did. Keller is his best weapon and hes not even that great of a TE. Holmes is his best WR, and Holmes can't stand the guy. We set him up for failure in 2011 and 2012, but his mistakes go WELL beyond his surrounding talent and if you can't see that then im really not sure what to tell you. Overall I just think its time to move on and embrace what ever the future holds. Mark just hasn't worked out.

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Its a shame the defense didn't show up to play in either AFCCG, because Sanchez did.

I mean he wasn't exactly stellar against Pittsburgh. He was a big reason why we were down so much in the first place.

On topic, I'm glad reports are coming out about Rex leaning towards McElroy. He deserves a shot, and he really can't be much worse than Sanchez. Give him a shot. Who knows, maybe he's the next late round steal.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

I mean he wasn't exactly stellar against Pittsburgh. He was a big reason why we were down so much in the first place.

On topic, I'm glad reports are coming out about Rex leaning towards McElroy. He deserves a shot, and he really can't be much worse than Sanchez. Give him a shot. Who knows, maybe he's the next late round steal.

THIS.

McElroy at the very least makes most fans exciting for the first time since like week 2 before we knew the team kind of sucked and Revis would be out all season.

drew39k

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sanchez gets the Start but has a VERY short leash.

SI.com says Rex is leaning towards Mcelroy. It also mentions that Tebow is not in the running.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/04/greg-mcelroy-starter-starting-mark-sanchez-benched-rex-ryan-report/?sct=hp_t2_a18&eref=sihp
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rex values his job he'll start McElroy. I think we could see him with use next year depending on how these last few games go. I want that cause it would allow us to go through this draft and offseason to load up on offense and defense without over drafting a QB.
jetfan8178

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest difference I saw in the short time McElroy was in was the decision making.

He didn't stand back there and look lost, confused or unsure. He made a decision and went with it whether it was where to throw or to tuck the ball and run. Something we haven't seen from Sanchez in 3 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_McElroy

This kid is smart and a winner. He may or may not be the future but he isn't shell shocked and he is hungry for an opportunity. Starting him gives Rex the best shot at keeping his job and running the table would be a crucial requirment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

LOL listen im not going to argue with you because i am getting sick and tired of this, but if you go back to the 2009 draft day threads, or others, I and many others weren't happy, i would say 70% of this forum didnt want Sanchez but we embraced him because that was the direction we were going in. We also defended him because that was our QB. It says youve been here since 2010 so I'm really not too sure how you would remember that anyways.

Theres no telling what we could have done with a different QB. Maybe in 2009 we get to the superbowl? We might have been even better, or maybe worse, but overall Mark was always more of a player that held us back as opposed to helping us move forward.

I do agree that we did a terrible job building around him, because honestly, we did. Keller is his best weapon and hes not even that great of a TE. Holmes is his best WR, and Holmes can't stand the guy. We set him up for failure in 2011 and 2012, but his mistakes go WELL beyond his surrounding talent and if you can't see that then im really not sure what to tell you. Overall I just think its time to move on and embrace what ever the future holds. Mark just hasn't worked out.

It was the other way around. The only regular posters to really voice their opinion against Sanchez I think was quietJet and some guy with an EA avatar who doesn't post anymore, can't remember his name. And if I remember correctly you were against trading up for him, not selecting Sanchez. And I lurked awhile before making an account.

Jetsman82 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

Actually the defense couldn't stop Mendenhall, the first half he chewed up like 10 minutes in one drive. Once the defense stopped him, Sanchez was able to get us back into it until the defense couldn't stop Ben.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

Not really. Besides the fumble return TD that accounted for 7, Mendenhall was running through our defense like swiss cheese. Sanchez had a pretty good stat line and the Pitt defense couldn't stop him at all in the 2nd half. I still think if Ben doesn't complete that final pass Sanchez wins that game on the last drive.

I like how people are still clamoring for Tebow in NFL Gen. Rex never said Tebow had a chance to start, and I don't think its a coincidence Sanchez gets benched the week Tebow is inactive.
swi7ch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World will end first before Ryan starts Tebow. He and Sparano just don't believe he can throw. They'd rather start Cromartie at QB than Tebow.

It'll be McElroy and then he'll get benched for Sanchez. Then we're stuck with Sanchez again. Sad
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally agreed w.Skip Bayless and Stephen A.
Rex will never, ever, start Tebow...period.
Clearly they didnt want him and had every chance to put him in....
Especially late in the game a few games this year.
He better play GMac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: