Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prediction: Who Des Rex name to Start at QB VS Jax?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
He's going to go with Sanchez. McElroy sure as hell isn't leading us to the playoffs. Might as well let Sanchez get us a better draft pick Laughing


Sure and after that, he has to be fired.
At least he had the courage to bench Sanchez today. It was the perfect time to bench him without all the Tebow heckling.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swi7ch


Joined: 04 Dec 2011
Posts: 89
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McElroy will most likely start.

Sanchez has probably thrown his last football this season.

As for Tebow, they didn't dress him up (even though he was medically cleared AND he dressed up a week ago with the same "injury") so McElroy could move up the depth charts. An unofficial demotion.


Last edited by swi7ch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swi7ch


Joined: 04 Dec 2011
Posts: 89
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
At least he had the courage to bench Sanchez today. It was the perfect time to bench him without all the Tebow heckling.


He couldn't bench Sanchez before because if he did that, Tebow would then play QB. And everyone knows Ryan and Sparano do not think Tebow is a QB. But since Tebow didn't dress up today, he can now bench Sanchez.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
At least he had the courage to bench Sanchez today. It was the perfect time to bench him without all the Tebow heckling.


He couldn't bench Sanchez before because if he did that, Tebow would then play QB. And everyone knows Ryan and Sparano do not think Tebow is a QB. But since Tebow didn't dress up today, he can now bench Sanchez.
Exactly what I said... Laughing
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McElroy did his homework for the early half of the game and Sanchez did homework for late half of the game. Do you actually think Sanchez was benched due to his poor performance at all?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heavinsent


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 582
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I think he goes with Sanchez. He's still the best QB on the roster...whether he gives us the best chance to win remains to be seen.

My fear with him going with Sanchez is that McElroy may never get another shot to start if he doesn't get a start this week. Especially with Tebow on his way back from injury and Sanchez' insatiable ability to suck.


Mark Sanchez is not the bet QB on the roster. He might not even be the second best.
_________________


Props to Jamison for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moham-17


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 3885
Location: The Boro
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it's Greg, let's see if the kid has anything to offer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
moham-17


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 3885
Location: The Boro
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
I think he goes with Sanchez. He's still the best QB on the roster...whether he gives us the best chance to win remains to be seen.

My fear with him going with Sanchez is that McElroy may never get another shot to start if he doesn't get a start this week. Especially with Tebow on his way back from injury and Sanchez' insatiable ability to suck.


Mark Sanchez is not the bet QB on the roster. He might not even be the second best.


Maybe if Tebow wasn't on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DHarvey


Joined: 02 May 2006
Posts: 310
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to LOL on some of the comments (you guys can be very funny indeedy!), one post hit the mark (excuse the pun) but I do think the coaches need to take into account how the rest of the team responded when Greg went into the game. All of a sudden Shonn decided he knew how to run with the ball, receivers started catching the ball, the O-line remembered how to pass and run block, etc, etc. Maybe the coaches will take that into consideration because the team sure as hell ain't responding to Sanchez. Ah well... Shocked
_________________
People say my attention strays but they're wrong. HEY LOOK..A ROASTED CHICKEN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 593
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They scored one TD. This is a wake up call for sure. Rex put him on notice and if the QB is on notice then everyone is. They all picked up their play. It's not like McElroy led 3 scoring drives. He came in and settled things down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 42968
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
They scored one TD. This is a wake up call for sure. Rex put him on notice and if the QB is on notice then everyone is. They all picked up their play. It's not like McElroy led 3 scoring drives. He came in and settled things down.

He would have led 2 TD drives, but Greene smartly downed the ball at the 1 at the end of the game.
_________________
ANTHONY RECKER = LIFE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19692
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost certain it's McElroy. The entire team saw an energy boost when he came in the game. Maybe that doesn't last more than a game, but you have to give him a chance to prove what he can do given a week knowing he's the starter.

I think the team has a much better shot at winning its last games with McElroy at QB. Just listening to him speak, you can hear his football smart mindset.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12315
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th and God script is too perfect. Tebow plays against the Jaguars. Are his ribs okay?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 42968
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
4th and God script is too perfect. Tebow plays against the Jaguars. Are his ribs okay?



Rex would NEVER start Tebow. Plus, he pretty much said that it will be McElroy or Sanchez starting next week.
_________________
ANTHONY RECKER = LIFE


Last edited by green24 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
justo wrote:
4th and God script is too perfect. Tebow plays against the Jaguars. Are his ribs okay?



Rex would NEVER start Tebow. Plus, he pretty much said that it will be McElroy or Sanchez starting next week.


If Jets happened to play wildcat game then Greene would be our starter at qb. lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group