Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Climate Change equals Coaching change?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Go Thumbtacks wrote:
Horton will almost certainly be moved up to replace Whisenhunt in Arizona. And we can keep wishing that Chip Kelly will come here, but he's not about to leave somewhere like Oregon where he's built up so much power and goodwill.

Personally, I'd like to see Rex Ryan as HC.

Seeing him as Jets HC wasn't enough for you?

In Tennessee he wouldn't be in the spotlight all the time though. I'm not sure about HC, but I'd love him as our DC. I want the 3-4 defense in Tennessee.

Id hate for him to be our HC but DC I could deal with.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Where would Te'o play? Brown would slide inside to ILB and I'm not sure that would work in a 3-4 because we'd need a thumper which he isn't exactly that. McCarthy would be the other ILB. Ayers would remain where he is but might need to add some weight. Wimbley would become the other OLB. Casey either slides outside to DE or stays at the nose and IMO Morgan would make a very good 3-4 DE. We'd lack a true nose because Casey and Morgan should be the DE's. Martin played nose in college in a 3-4 but I'm not sure if he'd be able to do it in the NFL. We have most of the pieces IMO. All I'd say we lack is a NT and depth mainly. Star or Jenkins would fit perfect.

It's real simple. On the starting 3-man front, your DEs would be Wimbley and Morgan with Casey at NT. Ayers and Brown would still be your OLBs like they are now, and McCarthy and Te'o would be your ILBs. On passing downs, McCarthy would go out, Ayers would line up at DE in the place of Morgan in a 4-man front with Wimbley, Klug and Marks/Martin. Brown would drop into coverage with Te'o. See how it all works out in the wash?
Ockham

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Munch as HC. Get Norv Turner as OC. Get Ron Rivera as DC.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
As far as keeping anyone from this current staff around... that is a huge mistake. Munchack was the guy who went after these coordinators... they were his guys. This season, he tries to make Palmer the scapegoat... but all I've got to say to that is this:

86-137, 62%, 1024 yards, 7.5 y/a, 6 TDs, 2 Ints, 71 long, 94 QB rating
69-132, 53%, 860 yards, 6.5 y/a, 3 TDs, 7 Ints, 39 long, 58 QB rating

Those are Locker's stats this year... the first set of numbers with Palmer as the OC... the second set after Palmer's been gone.

...holy crap.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ockham"]Keep Munch as HC. Get Norv Turner as OC. Get Ron Rivera as DC.[/quote]

Why? Because he's a nice guy?
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
As far as keeping anyone from this current staff around... that is a huge mistake. Munchack was the guy who went after these coordinators... they were his guys. This season, he tries to make Palmer the scapegoat... but all I've got to say to that is this:

Those are Locker's stats this year... the first set of numbers with Palmer as the OC... the second set after Palmer's been gone.

...holy crap.

I'm just going to quote myself again to emphasize how unbelievably terrible this is.

Seriously, with Munch making moves like this, how could anybody possibly argue in his favor? Dude needs to go.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

...holy crap.

I'm just going to quote myself again to emphasize how unbelievably terrible this is.

Seriously, with Munch making moves like this, how could anybody possibly argue in his favor? Dude needs to go.
Perhaps this has more to do with losing Stewart and Hutchinson for the year than losing Palmer as an OC.

stallyns wrote:
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

...holy crap.

Perhaps this has more to do with losing Stewart and Hutchinson for the year than losing Palmer as an OC.

stallyns wrote:
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
All I can say is this...I want a guy who can build a defense like Seattle's.

That D plays with so much confidence and FLYS around the field

Maybe we could give Gus Bradley, their DC, a look. He's improved that defense each year he's been there, I do believe. Surprised we're not hearing his name more.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't argue as to whether Munch should or shouldn't be retained. I'm not really sure, but he's been given a raw hand. Firstly, I feel people refuse to acknowledge that the man has only ONE full offseason with the team. Just One. People have forgotten the lockout shortened season already.

Second, I think rage mentioned that Palmer was Munch's hand picked choice. Well actually he was his 3rd or 4th choice. Munch originally wanted Bill Callahan and Mike Tice, both of whom were denied permission by their teams to interview. It leads me to wonder who he would pick this time around. Grey was choice number 1 however.

The thought of Chip Kelly in Nashville makes me physically ill. You think Munch is in over his head? What do you think's gonna happen when you bring in a guy to lead your franchise whose never coached on an NFL sideline. His offense intrigues me, but not to the point that I want to make him HC. Also I believe Chip Kelly would routinely lose 2-3 games a season if he were coaching in the SEC and facing defenses like Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina on the regular basis. So again the thought of him coaching here is laughable to me. His only NFL tie is being a consultant for the Pats in the offseason. (which, I guess, leads people to believe that Belicheck just copied Kelly's playbook, play for play and that's
why the Pats are having so much success.)

If we keep Munch then he better find a great DC. bringing in a new OC will seal his doom. Maybe promote Tom Moore to OC. A DC can have an impact year 1.

If we don't then maybe Bruce Arians. How he filled in for Chuck Pagano was admirable. As is his work with Luck

**RIP Steve McNair**
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also welcome Mike Zimmer (Cincy DC) or Vic Fangio (9ers DC).

Breaks from the trend of offensive guys that have been thrown around in this thread, but I think either of those guys + a good OC (Tom Moore? though who knows if he'll stay if Munchak is canned) could do great, great things. As a team, we lack discipline, toughness, and identity, and Zimmer and Fangio could give us those things.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had some bad luck this year...Chase for PM... Rough 1st 6 games of the season..Injuries to alot of KEY players all season long (Locker n PimpC Both in week 1..,KW,Cookie,Oline,Tommie campbell and The list goes on and on and britt wasn't 100%) BUT! I think we are a few moves,Coaching changes (Not Munch) and VET players away from being near the top of the AFC

For 1 we need a new DC..Badly. Grey was solid at times but his biggest mistake was signing off on giving griff a new deal and letting finny walk... OUR ONLY LEADER ON D.... :'((((((( so silly.

2. FIX THE OLINE!!!!

3. SIGN A REAL SS to start not a washed up back up or a unprepared 2nd or 3rd year player...

I don't really feel like going on... But im going to be doing a long in depth write up sometime next month but Munch is not the problem imo.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
All I can say is this...I want a guy who can build a defense like Seattle's.

That D plays with so much confidence and FLYS around the field

Maybe we could give Gus Bradley, their DC, a look. He's improved that defense each year he's been there, I do believe. Surprised we're not hearing his name more.

I'd love that... I mentioned him in the GB gameday thread along with others. But he seems to have the 4-3 defense down, is aggressive I'd love that move.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
[quote="Ockham"]Keep Munch as HC. Get Norv Turner as OC. Get Ron Rivera as DC.

Why? Because he's a nice guy?[/quote]

I'm with realdeal on this one. Munch seems like a nice guy, a real players coach and he was a great Titan but he hasn't shown he has what it takes to be a great HC in this league. He's been very average and his demeanor just rubs me in all the wrong ways. This team needs a fiery coach that demands the best from his players week in and week out, not a passive and almost emotionless seeming HC that constantly makes poor personnel decisions and rarely seems to ever even have a game plan. I wish this front office would throw everything but the kitchen sink at Cowher to try and get him to return.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

...holy crap.

While the line has not been able to generate any kind of push for the run game, they've held up alright in the pass game. Those 3 key missed psses we saw this past week.... all underthrows or behind the WRs... while not receiving heavy pressure... shows that something is leading to the regression.

But if I was the OC and I was so concerned about the Oline play, I'd start calling more roll outs, moving the pocket around, giving the Oline the advantage of knowing where the QB is going to set up. Jake is also pretty effective on the move. But we're not seeing that. You'd think our HOF OL now HC would be able to help prepare the team for that.

But you don't see that. You see no adjustments... no innovation... no sign of being proactive in the game plans instead of reactive. A change needs to happen... and that starts at the top. Since Bud is obviously not selling the team, then it means the GM or the HC need to be replaced. The talent is there, so I think this is more of a coaching problem.

BRING FISHER BACK!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: