Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Climate Change equals Coaching change?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't really concerned with Munchak up until today. I liked Palmer, but didn't mind seeing him go because I felt Munchak saw something we could do better...and we just wound up worse. I thought we were gonna see more of the no huddle. More roll outs. Etc.

Instead we got even less of those.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I wasn't really concerned with Munchak up until today. I liked Palmer, but didn't mind seeing him go because I felt Munchak saw something we could do better...and we just wound up worse. I thought we were gonna see more of the no huddle. More roll outs. Etc.

You thought we'd have a dramatically upgraded offense when the guy has all of six days on the job and the offense has to face one of the best defenses in football, coming off a bye no less? I think your expectations were too high.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firing Palmer, although Palmer deserved it, was a completely absurd thing for Munchak to do. At this point, Locker has been denied an entire season's worth of experience (2011) and now that he's got the starting job, his OC is fired and he has to learn to deal with/learn from a new OC with five weeks left in the season. Palmer wasn't that great, but this is a disaster from the point of view of Locker gaining confidence and experience in a given system.

If Munchak needed to sacrifice a coordinator, which he probably did need to do, it should have been Gray.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Reynaud still catching punts inside the 5 yard line?

How can a head coach not instill enough discipline on his team that a damn punt returner doesn't understand not to go inside the ten. Unacceptable.

The team looks soft, unprepared, and unmotivated. If he is allowed to coach another year we are only wasting a year of our youth's development. We have played two good games all year long. Miami and Pittsburgh, granted Pittsburgh was missing like 400 of their starters. We look like the worst team in the NFL nearly every Sunday.

Bye Bye Bye, Munchak.

Welcome, some other scrub that Bud will choose because we know for damn sure he won't go after anyone worth while unless their name is Peyton Manning.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Firing Palmer, although Palmer deserved it, was a completely absurd thing for Munchak to do. At this point, Locker has been denied an entire season's worth of experience (2011) and now that he's got the starting job, his OC is fired and he has to learn to deal with/learn from a new OC with five weeks left in the season. Palmer wasn't that great, but this is a disaster from the point of view of Locker gaining confidence and experience in a given system.

If Munchak needed to sacrifice a coordinator, which he probably did need to do, it should have been Gray.

Regardless of how bad the defense has played majority of the year. Today it way wasn't their fault we lost. Unlike the offense it has shown some signs of life and improvement. While the offense has gotten worst as the year has gone on.

Its hard to ignore the horrific games early but honestly speaking the defense has stopped the bleeding that was the start of the year. We just have some bad play. *Griffin *

Two cents.
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're 0-4 in the division, with a great chance to go 0-6.

Just another nice nugget Laughing
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

You thought we'd have a dramatically upgraded offense when the guy has all of six days on the job and the offense has to face one of the best defenses in football, coming off a bye no less? I think your expectations were too high.

Using more roll-outs and the no huddle more often does not require a drastic upgrade. Laughing The plays are already in the playbook, it's just using it more often.
ironlion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munch is not what this team needs. I've watched every game this year, and held my tounge. Partially because we are so pathetic at times I'm speechless and partly because I wanted to find a reason to like munch.

At the end of the day he learned from Jeff fisher. Yeah he'll play a young guy here and there but his overall coaching philosophy seems to be pretty soft. This team has played every week like they have no clue they are playing a nFL game. From KR not know when to field a kick, to our Defence missing every single tackle. Yeah the players play, but the play is always a direct reflection of the coach. The titans have played how they have been coached to play.

Munch is in over his head. This team needs to fire everyone and completely severe ties to the Jeff fisher era. Looking back this was easily predicable. We fire our bum coach of 15 years on to replace him with his pupil.

What I think will happen. Bud Adams will scrape the bottom of the barrel for a replacement, and collect revenue from the NFL. The titans will continue to be a small market team that makes the math work in the NFL. Ultimately the titans sucking is in bud adams(and the rest of the NFLs) interest. We will be mediocre until the fan base slips to much, then the league will throw us a bone and give us a playoff birth, and possibly a win, depending on how low fan support drops.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time this organization made a HC hire that wasn't someone already on the staff? I can only think back to Fisher, who was on the staff, and Munch. We need a breath of fresh air.

Dream Scenario:
HC -- Chip Kelly
DC -- Rex Ryan
OC -- Whoever Chip Wants
VYoung10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
When was the last time this organization made a HC hire that wasn't someone already on the staff? I can only think back to Fisher, who was on the staff, and Munch. We need a breath of fresh air.

Dream Scenario:
HC -- Chip Kelly
DC -- Rex Ryan
OC -- Whoever Chip Wants

i am officially on the Chip Kelly bandwagon. I love Munch, and I don't truly believe he is the problem, but he was put into something that he wasn't prepared for, and it shows.
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into Chip Kelly. Could one of you convince me he is different from someone like Steve Spurrier?
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'm not into Chip Kelly. Could one of you convince me he is different from someone like Steve Spurrier?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=505926&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That gives some insight but it's mostly because he's viewed as a offensive genius and is highly respected in the NFL. I heard he ran a completely different system at New Hampshire than he does at Oregon because he adjusted to the talent around him. That's shows that he's adaptable. I think his offense in the NFL would be more like the Patriot's than Oregon's.

The thing that intrigues me about Kelly is that Locker has shown that he thrives in a hurry-up spread offense which Kelly is known for. I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon but that alone interests me.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have doubts about him. He could be the next Harbaugh. I rather have a coach that has a vibe of harda$$ about him than finese (greatest show on turf deal). I don't want to feel like a hard nose team like the Steelers or Ravens can punk us....
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly is basically a pipe dream. Why on earth would a big name college coach leave for a team like the Titans? Unfortunately, he wouldn't even consider us.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Kelly is basically a pipe dream. Why on earth would a big name college coach leave for a team like the Titans? Unfortunately, he wouldn't even consider us.

Yeah, I doubt he'd choose us when he has all the options in the world to choose from. I personally want us to go with a DC as our next coach, maybe a Mike Zimmer and get Norv Turner as OC. I don't know if Turner would join us but that's my pipe dream. Of course all of this is if Munchak is fired which I still have my doubts.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: