You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Climate Change equals Coaching change?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure changes are coming... But, still.. Won't be enough.. Knowing the Titans..

We need to get rid of this Promoting from Within crap
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Bruce Arians?

He's doing something right up there in Indy.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121223/SPORTS01/312240011/Tennessee-Titans-owner-Bud-Adams-meet-coach-Mike-Munchak-after-season-finale

Quote:
“I like Mike, I really do. But liking him and getting the job done are two different things,” Adams said. “If he is not getting the job done, that is what I have to find out. Right now, we are not looking very good. Something is wrong and I want to find out what the problem is and what needs to be done to fix it.”

Kinda how i feel about it too...
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121223/SPORTS01/312240011/Tennessee-Titans-owner-Bud-Adams-meet-coach-Mike-Munchak-after-season-finale

Quote:
“I like Mike, I really do. But liking him and getting the job done are two different things,” Adams said. “If he is not getting the job done, that is what I have to find out. Right now, we are not looking very good. Something is wrong and I want to find out what the problem is and what needs to be done to fix it.”

Kinda how i feel about it too...

After watching that horrible display in the Jets game, I was gonna post my take on the whole situation earlier this week, but then changed my mind. Now after watching this BS from today, my mind is made up and I got to get it out of my system. I like Mike and would like him to succeed here, but unfortunately, he'll have to be a casualty in this move. The only way to "fix" it is to completely dismantle it. I was against the idea at first when it was suggested before, but I'm afraid Bud does need to clean house. Other than that, all you're really doing is patchwork. Overall, it might help you put up some better numbers, but it's not gonna make you real contenders to anything.

The problem with the Titans is our culture all-together. From the time Fisher was here running things, we've been classic underachievers who mostly played "not to lose". Ask yourself the same questions I've repeatedly been asking for years...

1. How many times have we gotten out-coached?
2. How many times have we lost to teams with less talent?
3. Why do we continue to run systems that fail more times than work?
4. Why does our DBs continue to play 10 yards off the receivers?
5. Why do we keep doing 5 yard crossing routes when it's 3rd and 10 (or double digits)?
6. Why is their checkdown man able to turn up field and get a good 7-10 yards before one of our defenders come into the picture to make the stop?
7. Why does our checkdown man get popped as soon as he gets the ball?
8. Why is the play of our receiving corps still weak as water? (Struggle to get separation, too many drops)
9. Why can't we make solid fundamental tackles?
10. Why do we continue to tolerate inconsistency in general?

And that's not even all of my questions, but you get the idea. I know Fisher is gone, but we still have a few leftovers from that era, and with the same problems. We have to look at our FO. That's where it all starts. Bottom line, we need somebody creative and knows how to utilize our current talent and add to it. Also, he's got to have some killer instinct. Somebody who's not afraid to put their foot in somebody's a$$ and demand excellence. Right now, I almost don't care who we get as long as they change the culture of this team, and give us that edge we need. Chip Kelley, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, etc.

Last edited by Dionysus on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Rob Ryan? He might be looking to get out of Dallas and could go for a HC job. I'd take him... and maybe Rex can work as DC hahahaha
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Ryan??? Can't see it. I just don't believe he would make a good HC. I think he's better off at being a DC.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked up some potential candidates...

Tom Clements- OC for the Packers
Vic Fangio-DC for the 49ers
Mike Holmgreen- Former Seattle HC/Cleveland GM
Ray Horton-Cardinals DC
Mike McCoy- Broncos DC
Bruce Arians- Colts OC
Andy Reid-Eagles HC
Chip Kelly- Oregon HC
Greg Roman- 49ers OC
Mike Zimmer- Bengals DC
Winston Moss-Green Bay LB Coach/Asst. HC
Go Thumbtacks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horton will almost certainly be moved up to replace Whisenhunt in Arizona. And we can keep wishing that Chip Kelly will come here, but he's not about to leave somewhere like Oregon where he's built up so much power and goodwill.

Personally, I'd like to see Rex Ryan as HC.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Thumbtacks wrote:
Horton will almost certainly be moved up to replace Whisenhunt in Arizona. And we can keep wishing that Chip Kelly will come here, but he's not about to leave somewhere like Oregon where he's built up so much power and goodwill.

Seeing him as Jets HC wasn't enough for you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Go Thumbtacks wrote:

In Tennessee he wouldn't be in the spotlight all the time though. I'm not sure about HC, but I'd love him as our DC. I want the 3-4 defense in Tennessee.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Go Thumbtacks wrote:

In Tennessee he wouldn't be in the spotlight all the time though. I'm not sure about HC, but I'd love him as our DC. I want the 3-4 defense in Tennessee.

If we did somehow convert to a 3-4 or even a hybrid defense, that would make our 1st round selection easy IMO. I'd take Manti Te'o, adding him to Ayers, McCarthy, and Brown to solidify our LB corps.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Go Thumbtacks wrote:

If we did somehow convert to a 3-4 or even a hybrid defense, that would make our 1st round selection easy IMO. I'd take Manti Te'o, adding him to Ayers, McCarthy, and Brown to solidify our LB corps.

Where would Te'o play? Brown would slide inside to ILB and I'm not sure that would work in a 3-4 because we'd need a thumper which he isn't exactly that. McCarthy would be the other ILB. Ayers would remain where he is but might need to add some weight. Wimbley would become the other OLB. Casey either slides outside to DE or stays at the nose and IMO Morgan would make a very good 3-4 DE. We'd lack a true nose because Casey and Morgan should be the DE's. Martin played nose in college in a 3-4 but I'm not sure if he'd be able to do it in the NFL. We have most of the pieces IMO. All I'd say we lack is a NT and depth mainly. Star or Jenkins would fit perfect.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the studs that Ayers and Brown have become as 4-3 OLBs...I don't think Id really like to see us switch to a 3-4 right now

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMC has had a series of potential HC candidates these past few weeks... and the article this morning highlighted Josh McDaniels as an OC candidate.

I guess I forgot about him with the Bronco debacle... but he may be exactly what we need here in TN. That experience in Denver may have humbled him a bit... and there's no denying he can run an offense like no other.

Other than the Holmgren as HC, Reid as OC, Phillips as DC pipe dream, McDaniels is at the very top of my HC want list...
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is this...I want a guy who can build a defense like Seattle's.

That D plays with so much confidence and FLYS around the field

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: