Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Changes need to be made before the season ends??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: What Changes need to be made before the season ends?? Reply with quote

Musgrave Fired
Jenkins Cut
Ponder possibly replaced by webb or M.B.T.
Jarius Wright starting with Harvin
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Evans starting at NT.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright should be on the outside.
Webb for Ponder.
The rest will have to wait....
Nzd07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb for Ponder
Evans for Guion
Wright starting (DA/Jenkins take your pick)

If the coaches feel he's ready, I'd like Cole to start over Brinkley. Haven't heard how he's been doing since preseason though.

I don't see the point in firing Musgrave at this point. Coaching changes should only happen in the offseason IMO.

Gurley to MN
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
If the coaches feel he's ready, I'd like Cole to start over Brinkley. Haven't heard how he's been doing since preseason though.

Oh wow, it totally slipped my mind that we even have Cole! He displayed some very promising instincts in the preseason. I believe he had a multi-pick-6 game. I'd love to see him get more playing time, at least.

Peppers90 on the sig.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anything major happening during the season unless Frazier gets fired.

Evans and Wright should definitely get more playing time, and Webb should be in there but I doubt that happens until Frazier is fired.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant think of anything, basically need to ride out the season. Less of Guion, Brinkley and the current receivers that lined up against GB would be a starter. Im not ready to replace a bad Qb with a terrible Qb.
NoDakViking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that people still think that Webb is better than Ponder is ridiculous. Complain about Ponder's ability as a passer all you want but Webb is essentially another running back with the ball in his hands.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoDakViking wrote:
The fact that people still think that Webb is better than Ponder is ridiculous. Complain about Ponder's ability as a passer all you want but Webb is essentially another running back with the ball in his hands.

that might not be the worst thing, given the Vikings receivers are putrid. though If Webb is starting I would expect more <100 yard passing efforts. He will be more productive as a runner, as a passer, I am convinced his failures would be equivalent to Ponders with the current group of receivers.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should keep Wright and Harvin, unload the other WR's on the roster, and see if their replacements can show anything over the last 4 weeks of the season.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we often forget that this is a rebuilding year. We went 3-13 last year, but the team is putting in pieces that will lead to future success. We have a pretty consistent tight end in Rudolph, a beast of a Left Tackle in Kahlil, and Peterson and Harvin. Ponder will progress if we can get him so more targets, but it doesn't all come in one year. I see this team finishind 8-8 (beating the Rams, and either the Bears or Packers at home). Add a couple more good pieces in the passing attack and a couple players on defense and this team is ready to compete for years to come
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
I think we often forget that this is a rebuilding year. We went 3-13 last year, but the team is putting in pieces that will lead to future success. We have a pretty consistent tight end in Rudolph, a beast of a Left Tackle in Kahlil, and Peterson and Harvin. Ponder will progress if we can get him so more targets, but it doesn't all come in one year. I see this team finishind 8-8 (beating the Rams, and either the Bears or Packers at home). Add a couple more good pieces in the passing attack and a couple players on defense and this team is ready to compete for years to come

that is the sad thing, most expected 5-6 wins this year. The team is at 6 wins right now with 4 to go. I think early season success fed false hope, reality set in about a month ago and this team is right around .500 in contention for a wild card spot which is about what I expected. I cant be disappointed if what is happening is basically what I anticipated from a rebuilding, young team.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoDakViking wrote:

The only argument you need for Webb is that the passing game can't get any worse.

The one thing Webb does that is overlooked, is the fact that he extends plays and picks up first downs. You can't give Harvin and Peterson the attention they require while keeping Webb from making plays with his legs.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:

I don't even think some of us are disappointed with the team as a whole. I think some of us are disappointed with the fact that our QB has shown no significant signs of improvement and has even regressed. Worrying about that is perfectly reasonable.

Peppers90 on the sig.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None.

Finish the season in tact and see how the record winds up. One more win should easily cement Ponder, Frazier and Co as leaders of the team for the next year or two.

Put a few more pieces in place (on the field) and this organization will be a long-term success, finishing 8-8 or better for the next several years. Ultimately, they need to win the SuperBowl --- ask Andy Ried if it matters what your record or stats are, no matter how good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: