Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Broyles Knee Injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros.

This just in: Broyles tore his other ACL, NOT the one he injured in college.

So we can throw this argument out: his "injury history" had nothing to do what happened on Sunday. It's just a violent sport.
No we can't. My statement stands, drafting him was brilliant......for 2-3 games. Looks dumb as hell again, just as the moment his name was called.

Sorry my friend I have to disagree.

Players get injured. It happens. Any player drafted can suffer an injury it's just bad luck.

We all know as an ex-Sooner I love Broyles. He is a fantastic talent. He had one injury of note at Oklahoma and this is simply unfortunate. I don't think I'm being a homer but I might be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

I don't think it was dumb to draft him and I don't think it looks dumb now.

As a fan I have had serious concerns about the field at Ford Field. The team as a whole seems to suffer far more knee injuries than others and the last time I checked it seems to be consistent with other teams that play indoors.

In the two Linsgate games we say Mark Clayton and Jamal Charles shred their knees. I'm not sure of others but I remember those two since we were there. Definitely is something they should look at.

I agree. The knee injuries suffered on that field are incredible. Look at the knee injury history of the Lions running backs.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Broyles being damaged goods was just one of the many reasons I criticized the selection, you just plucked this one statement in an attempt to gain support here.

stylish. You said this:
stylish313 wrote:
Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros.
That's what I was responding to. Broyles' injury history is irrelevant to his most-recent injury, and you even admitted that a healthy Broyles was "brilliant". Sounds like a good pick. (I don't want "support" here. I post to speak my mind.)

stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's continued lust for WRs has us running around in circles chasing our tails. We continue to address the singular need, while leaving other areas of our team in a constant state of despair.

Mayhew clearly has a "lust" for providing Stafford and Calvin with as many weapons as possible for our offense to be successful. The clear strength of this offense is the arm of Stafford and the ability of Calvin, and the OLine is even a stronger pass-protecting unit. Without weapons, teams can give significant attention to Calvin without punishment. With weapons, they'll only end up hurting themselves.

I'm curious: was Calvin also a bad pick? We had previously drafted a bunch of WRs, and we had significant needs on defense.

Team Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt you guys know that an injured ACL puts the other at great risk. A monkey seen this happening to his healthy knee. Why not you?
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot, I'm talking to the same cats that demanded the Lions draft Bowers. I lose.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I forgot, I'm talking to the same cats that demanded the Lions draft Bowers. I lose.

Not I. I demanded JJ Watt.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

This just in: Broyles tore his other ACL, NOT the one he injured in college.

So we can throw this argument out: his "injury history" had nothing to do what happened on Sunday. It's just a violent sport.
No we can't. My statement stands, drafting him was brilliant......for 2-3 games. Looks dumb as hell again, just as the moment his name was called.
It was a great pick at the time, some are just too ignorant to know that.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

And? I wanted Aldon Smith, Bruce Irvin and JPP? No biggie

R.I.P. Stylish
ManeLine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks...he was playing so well too. Feel bad for him.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

No you didn't.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

No you didn't.
Oh, okay.

R.I.P. Stylish
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I have a hard time believing that anybody here wanted Irvin.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Lulz.

skatebeanz wrote:
Gimme Prince Then Smith then Bowers.

Honestly my Lions BB looks like this:

Peterson
Dareus
Green
Amukamara
Smith
Fairley
Jones
Bowers
Newton

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=443434&start=15

Then wrote this explaining Newton and lack of Quinn.

skatebeanz wrote:
I missed Quinn on that list. Embarassed

I didn't talk about any players all year. I'm a Paea fan but I don't think I wrote about him 1 time.

I don't feel bad about the NC game. Newton could go #1 and Fairley could go anywhere fro 4-10 overall.

The Ducks best player (draft eligible) is Casey Matthews. He looks like a mid to late round pick. Auburn was just older. Hence they aren't even expect to get 2nd in the division of their conference this year.

I think Newton will be a solid QB. We don't exactly have a QB that has set the world on fire. We have a guy that has played 13 games out of 32+ possible.

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

No you didn't.
IDOG_det wrote:
I think I'd take Amukamara there, then Bowers, then Smith. I think if Bowers falls to #13, he will have a glaring knee problem, and I don't want any part in that. But, I would love Prince. He is a great man coverage CB, and a great press coverage CB, and a pretty good zone coverage CB. I'd love to get Prince, he would be a great fit for our team. Smith is a meh pick for me.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=443434&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You didn't want Bowers that is for sure.

Phreak and TL did tho. Funny that LionsFTW did want Bowers in that thread tho. Laughing

Sig bet
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is that from? I'm guessing from far before his injury concerns were well known. Lol @ you for jumping into a convo with no knowledge of what the hell you're talking about.

There are 100s of pages of me taking on this entire forum over Bowers. Did the same with Jahvid, but I backed off like sucker. I hate drafting damaged goods, now stick yourself Tony
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
When is that from? I'm guessing from far before his injury concerns were well known. Lol @ you for jumping into a convo with no knowledge of what the hell you're talking about.

There are 100s of pages of me taking on this entire forum over Bowers. Did the same with Jahvid, but I backed off like sucker. I hate drafting damaged goods, now stick yourself Tony
That was before the draft. IDOG still didn't want him.

BTW that is funny to read back then. I pat myself on the back. I wanted Peterson by trading up. Phreak wanted Ingram at #13. Wink

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: