Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Broyles Knee Injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Lions WR Ryan Broyles - torn ACL.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/275684851603091457

Excellent news. Rolling Eyes This season is almost as disappointing as 2008.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Lions WR Ryan Broyles - torn ACL.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/275684851603091457

Excellent news. Rolling Eyes This season is almost as disappointing as 2008.

i think this season is way more disappointing- only silver lining is Megatron's pre-suit of Rice's record
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we sure know how to pick em. I get that injuries happen, but there is no reason we should deal with so many injuries to important players every year. Our whole passing defense and offense has been decimated this year.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the Lions have this kind of luck.

Brace yourselves, another WR in the draft is coming.

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros.

This just in: Broyles tore his other ACL, NOT the one he injured in college.

So we can throw this argument out: his "injury history" had nothing to do what happened on Sunday. It's just a violent sport.

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros.

So we can throw this argument out: his "injury history" had nothing to do what happened on Sunday. It's just a violent sport.
No we can't. My statement stands, drafting him was brilliant......for 2-3 games. Looks dumb as hell again, just as the moment his name was called.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

No we can't. My statement stands, drafting him was brilliant......for 2-3 games. Looks dumb as hell again, just as the moment his name was called.

You're right, we shouldn't draft/sign/trade for anybody because they might become injured.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

You're right, we shouldn't draft/sign/trade for anybody because they might become injured.
You're ability to decipher my logic is uncanny. Pure genius
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

It would take a genius to decipher it.

Broyles is out for the year because of a knee injury.
Prior to the draft he had zero issues with this newly injured knee.
Mayhew should have known after 2-3 games he would injure this knee!

Tell me if that is about right?

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

You criticized the Broyles pick because he got hurt, and his new injury was unrelated to his injury in college. Players get hurt frequently. Nnivolcm's comment is valid: if a pick or trade is bad because the player sustains a new injury, you should be against acquiring any player.

When you're unreasonably negative for an extended period of time, people eventually decide to call it out.

Team Stylish
mijags

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tavon austin is a bit undersized, we already have alot of those type of guys @WR.......id like to see a taller reciever brought in............jared abbraderis, deandre hopkins, cordarelle patterson, kenny stills
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Agreed. Might as well forfeit all of our picks, really.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Sorry my friend I have to disagree.

Players get injured. It happens. Any player drafted can suffer an injury it's just bad luck.

We all know as an ex-Sooner I love Broyles. He is a fantastic talent. He had one injury of note at Oklahoma and this is simply unfortunate. I don't think I'm being a homer but I might be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

I don't think it was dumb to draft him and I don't think it looks dumb now.

As a fan I have had serious concerns about the field at Ford Field. The team as a whole seems to suffer far more knee injuries than others and the last time I checked it seems to be consistent with other teams that play indoors.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Sorry my friend I have to disagree.

Players get injured. It happens. Any player drafted can suffer an injury it's just bad luck.

We all know as an ex-Sooner I love Broyles. He is a fantastic talent. He had one injury of note at Oklahoma and this is simply unfortunate. I don't think I'm being a homer but I might be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

I don't think it was dumb to draft him and I don't think it looks dumb now.

As a fan I have had serious concerns about the field at Ford Field. The team as a whole seems to suffer far more knee injuries than others and the last time I checked it seems to be consistent with other teams that play indoors.

In the two Linsgate games we say Mark Clayton and Jamal Charles shred their knees. I'm not sure of others but I remember those two since we were there. Definitely is something they should look at.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

You criticized the Broyles pick because he got hurt, and his new injury was unrelated to his injury in college. Players get hurt frequently. Nnivolcm's comment is valid: if a pick or trade is bad because the player sustains a new injury, you should be against acquiring any player.

When you're unreasonably negative for an extended period of time, people eventually decide to call it out.
Broyles being damaged goods was just one of the many reasons I criticized the selection, you just plucked this one statement in an attempt to gain support here.

Mayhew's continued lust for WRs has us running around in circles chasing our tails. We continue to address the singular need, while leaving other areas of our team in a constant state of despair.

It was, and always will be a stupid arse selection, just like drafting Titus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: