Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Broyles Knee Injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
I know right?

We can worry about those 470 yards and 35 points later. Can't fix all our needs at once.

Well, you can address both.

It doesn't matter how many picks have been invested into the offense in the past. It ONLY matters how good the roster is now. If they feel another WR is needed, and is BPA, they should draft him. Period. Same with most other positions.

Since we have more than one draft pick, we could obtain plenty of quality talent. That would be my preference.
I know, you're absolutely correct. Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros. It's not Mayhew's fault that he couldn't find any legit options at safety, knowing very well our situation at the position was desperate coming into the season.

We made the playoffs last season, the coaches proved themselves then. So what if we only win 4-5 games this year. So what if we watch the team blunder away 7-8 games this season, Stafford has been flawless. Gotta love his completion percentage going backwards, and his QB rating 15 points less than a season ago. Let's get this guy another WR!

Doesn't help Stafford's completion percentage when we lead the league in drops. We had like 34 or something ridiculous going in, probably closer to 40 now.
Doesn't help our team when he's been erratic, out of sync, and still hasn't improved his touch since entering the league.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
I know right?

We can worry about those 470 yards and 35 points later. Can't fix all our needs at once.

It doesn't matter how many picks have been invested into the offense in the past. It ONLY matters how good the roster is now. If they feel another WR is needed, and is BPA, they should draft him. Period. Same with most other positions.

Since we have more than one draft pick, we could obtain plenty of quality talent. That would be my preference.
I know, you're absolutely correct. Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros. It's not Mayhew's fault that he couldn't find any legit options at safety, knowing very well our situation at the position was desperate coming into the season.

We made the playoffs last season, the coaches proved themselves then. So what if we only win 4-5 games this year. So what if we watch the team blunder away 7-8 games this season, Stafford has been flawless. Gotta love his completion percentage going backwards, and his QB rating 15 points less than a season ago. Let's get this guy another WR!

Doesn't help Stafford's completion percentage when we lead the league in drops. We had like 34 or something ridiculous going in, probably closer to 40 now.
Doesn't help our team when he's been erratic, out of sync, and still hasn't improved his touch since entering the league.

It's amazes me that people keep mentioning drops but never look at some of the circus catches the receivers make to bail Stafford out.

Matty had a pretty good game today but his ball placement was off on a number of those drops and a few of them were simply rockets.

The Lions leading the league in drops must be 100% on the receivers!

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I know right?

Yep, it takes an injury history to get injured in the NFL. (Or, it's just a violent sport, where multiple injuries occur each game. It's one of those two.)

If we didn't draft Broyles, we'd be thin at WR. If we didn't draft Fairley, we would have been thin at DT. Yes, you can use hindsight to second-guess EVERYTHING. It doesn't make you right.

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I know right?

Yep, it takes an injury history to get injured in the NFL. (Or, it's just a violent sport, where multiple injuries occur each game. It's one of those two.)

If we didn't draft Broyles, we'd be thin at WR. If we didn't draft Fairley, we would have been thin at DT. Yes, you can use hindsight to second-guess EVERYTHING. It doesn't make you right.
Uh Oh, hindsight card! Lol. I bet you never saw posters saying this ish before we drafted another 2nd round WR LMAO.

If we didn't draft Broyles, we'd be thin a WR??? If we didn't draft Titus, we'd be thin at WR. If we don't draft Tavon Austin, we'll be thin at WR. But guess what, we draft these guys and we're still thin at WR!!! Oh yeah, we're also still thin at CB, safety, and DE. Insanity!!!
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I know right?

It's amazes me that people keep mentioning drops but never look at some of the circus catches the receivers make to bail Stafford out.

Matty had a pretty good game today but his ball placement was off on a number of those drops and a few of them were simply rockets.

Do you think every QB throws perfect throws every time? How many times have GB WR's had to make circus catches this year? James Jones seems to do it every week, Cobb too.

Difference is their WR's catch anything remotely close, ours usually don't.

Stafford could be better with some of his throws and show more touch especially on screens but our WR's also need to show better concentration too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I know right?

Do you think every QB throws perfect throws every time? How many times have GB WR's had to make circus catches this year? James Jones seems to do it every week, Cobb too.

Stafford could be better with some of his throws and show more touch especially on screens but our WR's also need to show better concentration too.
Somebody needs to watch more than just Lions games
WillParks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about Stafford's ball placement. He tends to hang Calvin Johnson and Tony Scheffler out to dry a lot. He has been out of sync with his receivers pretty much the entire year.

Someone else mentioned the problem with drafting injury riddle players when referring to Ryan Broyles. Ryan Broyles was not injury plagued during his college career. He had the torn ACL late in his senior year. I am pretty sure that doesn't make him injury riddle/injury prone. It would have been pretty hard to put up his numbers in college if he was injured a lot. Prior to the ACL tear he was viewed as a first round talent. He wouldn't have been viewed as a first round talent if he was really seen as being injury prone.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so I'm not being an a-hole to 630

According to PFF, Matthew Stafford has been victimized by 37 dropped passes. Aaron Rodgers has been victimized by 35.

Yet, Aaron Rodgers is enjoying a +23 pt QB rating, and +6% completion percentage.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Just so I'm not being an a-hole to 630

According to PFF, Matthew Stafford has been victimized by 37 dropped passes. Aaron Rodgers has been victimized by 35.

Yet, Aaron Rodgers is enjoying a +23 pt QB rating, and +6% completion percentage.

Fair enough. I mean clearly Stafford has had some games where he's been off. Lately he hasn't been as bad though.

I mean clearly going from 41 TD's to what 14 this year is a big disappointment all around.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I know right?

When every receiver on the team is dropping passes don't you think it might indicate that Stafford takes part of the blame?

CJ has the largest catch radius in the league and is the best in the game. He made two amazing catches today. Scheffler made an amazing catch and managed to keep his feet in bounds. These receivers bail Stafford out frequently.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I know right?

....wait....are we?....nooo....that's impossible!....are we....blaming the players!?? How weird!
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

I know right?

....wait....are we?....nooo....that's impossible!....are we....blaming the players!?? How weird!
Weird for who??? I blame everybody, they all suck.

No one is absolved from blame, when you watch a team that made it to the playoffs last season choke away games in every possible manner.

The Lions knew how dire our ST's were back during PS. Schwartz even blamed it on the talent he had, yet here we are later in the season and we're not giving up 2 TD's every game on ST's. Seems like he should've taken matter into his own hands if he was that concerned before the season even began!
tytalton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesn't matter how many picks have been invested into the offense in the past. It ONLY matters how good the roster is now. If they feel another WR is needed, and is BPA, they should draft him. Period.

Think of the lions drafting like this - it is 2am and you and your friend are drunk at the bar...he points to a hippo in the corner and say, 'wow she's hhhhhot!!!'

Now you may have had a few but you can look at her and say, 'no way.' But your friend can't.

My point to this isn't that MM has the equivalent of beer goggles when he drafts WR's, it is that Tom Lewand is a raging alcoholic.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so with this injury does this mean Titus is "invided" back to the team?
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Lions WR Ryan Broyles - torn ACL.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/275684851603091457

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: