Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Broyles Knee Injury
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WillParks


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 394
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
davisblack


Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 3242
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.


Marcus Lattimore will be the pick for sure.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion:
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qball8001


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 7934
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.


Marcus Lattimore will be the pick for sure.


I could live with that.
_________________
Lions are completely inept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
davisblack wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.


Marcus Lattimore will be the pick for sure.


I could live with that.
I'd kill a random puppy
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
qball8001


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 7934
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:
davisblack wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.


Marcus Lattimore will be the pick for sure.


I could live with that.
I'd kill a random puppy


Embarassed I like puppies though. Honestly, just go defense the entire way down the draft. But, we need to take a wr in the third... just saying.
_________________
Lions are completely inept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.


He hurt the other knee based on reports. Lions seem pretty concerned about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.


He hurt the other knee based on reports. Lions seem pretty concerned about it.
No sweat, Mayhew's specialty.

1st- Tavon Austin
2nd- Eddie Lacy

Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26759
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
WillParks wrote:
Has anyone heard the extent of the knee injury suffered by Ryan Broyles? I hope it is something less severe than a ligament tear. Anyone?
Think it was the same knee he injured in college.

Anybody know anymore injured RB's or WR's we can draft in the 2nd??? We could really use another.


He hurt the other knee based on reports. Lions seem pretty concerned about it.
No sweat, Mayhew's specialty.

1st- Tavon Austin
2nd- Eddie Lacy

Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does
2ndGSOT!! I'd do it.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25834
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26759
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
We need our Marshall Faulk back.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
I know right?

We can worry about those 470 yards and 35 points later. Can't fix all our needs at once.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25834
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
I know right?

We can worry about those 470 yards and 35 points later. Can't fix all our needs at once.

Well, you can address both.

It doesn't matter how many picks have been invested into the offense in the past. It ONLY matters how good the roster is now. If they feel another WR is needed, and is BPA, they should draft him. Period. Same with most other positions.

Since we have more than one draft pick, we could obtain plenty of quality talent. That would be my preference.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
I know right?

We can worry about those 470 yards and 35 points later. Can't fix all our needs at once.

Well, you can address both.

It doesn't matter how many picks have been invested into the offense in the past. It ONLY matters how good the roster is now. If they feel another WR is needed, and is BPA, they should draft him. Period. Same with most other positions.

Since we have more than one draft pick, we could obtain plenty of quality talent. That would be my preference.
I know, you're absolutely correct. Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros. It's not Mayhew's fault that he couldn't find any legit options at safety, knowing very well our situation at the position was desperate coming into the season.

We made the playoffs last season, the coaches proved themselves then. So what if we only win 4-5 games this year. So what if we watch the team blunder away 7-8 games this season, Stafford has been flawless. Gotta love his completion percentage going backwards, and his QB rating 15 points less than a season ago. Let's get this guy another WR!
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ryan Broyles Knee Injury Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Mayhew's gonna fix this offense if it's the last thing he does

I hope so. Lack of offensive execution is one of the main reasons why we've lost this many close games.
I know right?

We can worry about those 470 yards and 35 points later. Can't fix all our needs at once.

Well, you can address both.

It doesn't matter how many picks have been invested into the offense in the past. It ONLY matters how good the roster is now. If they feel another WR is needed, and is BPA, they should draft him. Period. Same with most other positions.

Since we have more than one draft pick, we could obtain plenty of quality talent. That would be my preference.
I know, you're absolutely correct. Drafting Broyles was brilliant.....for about 2-3 games. It's not Mayhew's fault that these injury-riddled collegiate players he drafts keep getting hurt in the pros. It's not Mayhew's fault that he couldn't find any legit options at safety, knowing very well our situation at the position was desperate coming into the season.

We made the playoffs last season, the coaches proved themselves then. So what if we only win 4-5 games this year. So what if we watch the team blunder away 7-8 games this season, Stafford has been flawless. Gotta love his completion percentage going backwards, and his QB rating 15 points less than a season ago. Let's get this guy another WR!


Doesn't help Stafford's completion percentage when we lead the league in drops. We had like 34 or something ridiculous going in, probably closer to 40 now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group