Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prove Me Wrong.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, not another "he just wins games" argument....

Everyone acts like he was the single reason the Broncos won games and had success last year.

Let me say this, if Prater wasn't capable of hitting 60 yarders like they're extra points, we wouldn't even be having this conversation because the Broncos would've lost about 4 or 5 more games than they did.

Not to mention, having one of the best linebacker duos in the NFL in Miller and Dumerville definitely helped the defense get the ball back to the offense time and time again.

Tebow was horrible statistically speaking, his team carried him, just like this one did for Sanchez for two years.

I'm not saying Tebow isn't capable at all of having some success; but he can't win with the Jets considering the way we are built.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
Malik wrote:
Posting his history isn't proof that he'll be successful with this Jets team soooooo yeah.

There is no such thing as proof, only evidence. A successful history is not a negative thing.

Saying he can't play QB is ridiculous, he has, he hasn't started as anything else and he's got some impressive performances on his resume. Right now "cant throw consistently" is an opinion, not a fact.

Plenty of players have impressive performances on their resume. That does not mean they are owed a starting job. All the Tebow followers always point to his victories and not his losses. Maybe, just maybe people acknowledge his successes but don't believe his ceiling is worth the investment. If Tebow wants to start he should start by getting better at practice. Despite what his fanbase thinks, he is NOT the son of god and isn't owed anything in the league.
jpt331

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning the Wiseman means nothing in the NFL Troy Smith won it and has done nothing in the NFL.
You have to change the entire offense to a gimmick offense which will eventually be figured out
He's probably one of the most inaccurate QBs in NFL history which Ian not something we want after benching Sanchez
Just because he's a great competitor Doan mean yea a good QB
He may have been 8-5 last year(including playoffs) but he finished 1-4 with losses to buffalo, NE twice and the Kyle Orton led chiefs

And people have to atop pointing to the Broncos defensive "rankings" when you have Von Miller and Elvis Dumerville rushing the passer and Champ Bailey on the out side your going to have and effective defense

People need to stop clinging to his college days this is the NFL your not gonna play Vanderbilt or Northern Illinois or slouch teams like that

Last edited by jpt331 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:

Plenty of players have impressive performances on their resume. That does not mean they are owed a starting job. All the Tebow followers always point to his victories and not his losses. Maybe, just maybe people acknowledge his successes but don't believe his ceiling is worth the investment. If Tebow wants to start he should start by getting better at practice. Despite what his fanbase thinks, he is NOT the son of god and isn't owed anything in the league.

Plenty of players have also had impressive performances and continued to do so for years. Cut the "son of god" and "mania" crap out, there are many football reasons to play him. Mcelroy didn't even dress until Tebow was hurt, clearly he hasn't proved anything at practice and isn't owed the starting job. If Sanchez is benched and Tebow healthy, yes he is owed the job. Certainly over a guy with half a game of experience.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
Malik wrote:

Plenty of players have also had impressive performances and continued to do so for years. Cut the "son of god" and "mania" crap out, there are many football reasons to play him. Mcelroy didn't even dress until Tebow was hurt, clearly he hasn't proved anything at practice and isn't owed the starting job. If Sanchez is benched and Tebow healthy, yes he is owed the job. Certainly over a guy with half a game of experience.

He isn't owed anything. You haven't demonstrated why he deserves to start other than the fact that he won some games last year. Good for him. If he is such a magnificent great hidden gem of a player he'll have no problems starting next season for any of the 32 teams next season. Tim Tebow is 8-6 as a starter with some extremely ugly wins in there. People don't care to build around him for the minimal reward that it would yield. Get over it.
jpt331

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J!E!T!S!rock wrote:
You guys are being blinded by the awful play of Sanchez! Tebow is no better then he was when we traded for him! He is not a good Pro QB and you can't say he was great in college so he has to start. College stats are unbelievably overblown. Your not playing pro level talent, it is apple and oranges comparing pro to college. If that was the case Troy Smith would still be a starting QB lol. From watching McElroy in the preseason last year I was impressed, I want to see what he could do with a few starts. Also didn't he lead a really good Alabama team to a National Championship?! So I guess he must be an alright QB too. Moral of the story is Tebow BLOWS! any stats you wanna reach for and glorify mean nothing when he completes 2 passes in a half. HE won in Denver because their D was lights out. And you seen what happened when NE got the easiest win in playoff history..... Enough said NO TEBOW

This^^^^^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st: this is a pro tebow post...which means i am not hating on greg i thought he was impressive today and did like him from alabama.

2nd: i stated his college stuff just to show he can win on a big level. and 8-5 last year in the afc against any NFL team is 8-5. not lessened because a few teams may have been poops.

3rd: denvers defense was bad last year. yea they have those three players. and thatd be it. theyre defense was sub par to say the least. as well as the sanchez note. we carried him for two years in a sense. he was a decent QB the past 2 years. decent. tebow played at an elevated level late in games to win period.

too lazy to update the sig..

If you cant do what you imagine then what is imagination to you?
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can protect the ball, make big plays and is very efficient in the red zone. 3 things that have killed the Jets all year. He has made all the throws he's been asked to this year and hasn't fumbled any of his runs. If he's healthy he's the best option.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all missing the big picture... REX BENCHED SANCHEZ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

This might be the first time Rex has won against his own ego- ever.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigseanny778 wrote:
1st: this is a pro tebow post...which means i am not hating on greg i thought he was impressive today and did like him from alabama.

2nd: i stated his college stuff just to show he can win on a big level. and 8-5 last year in the afc against any NFL team is 8-5. not lessened because a few teams may have been poops.

3rd: denvers defense was bad last year. yea they have those three players. and thatd be it. theyre defense was sub par to say the least. as well as the sanchez note. we carried him for two years in a sense. he was a decent QB the past 2 years. decent. tebow played at an elevated level late in games to win period.
The bold is where I stopped reading. You need to stop with the Tebow BS because the day he's the starting QB for the Jets is the day I find a new football team to root for.

Jamison.'s Gallery
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigseanny778 wrote:

By elevated level, do you mean relative to his play in the first 3 and 3/4th's quarters; or elevated compared to good QBs, because it's hard not to play better than he did for the first 50 minutes of every game.

He was atrocious, but their defense always kept them within a FG, allowing Prater to save the day from 40-60 yards out.

Seriously, go back and look how many games they won with Prater hitting 50+ yarders, sure Tebow got them in position to kick the FG's; but he also couldn't finish drives.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
bigseanny778 wrote:

By elevated level, do you mean relative to his play in the first 3 and 3/4th's quarters; or elevated compared to good QBs, because it's hard not to play better than he did for the first 50 minutes of every game.

He was atrocious, but their defense always kept them within a FG, allowing Prater to save the day from 40-60 yards out.

Seriously, go back and look how many games they won with Prater hitting 50+ yarders, sure Tebow got them in position to kick the FG's; but he also couldn't finish drives.

Why don't you go back and look at the Broncos when they were 1-4 and tell me how that defense and Kyle Orton looked...

I'll wait

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MileHighNuck wrote:
Malik wrote:
Posting his history isn't proof that he'll be successful with this Jets team soooooo yeah.

There is no such thing as proof, only evidence. A successful history is not a negative thing.

Saying he can't play QB is ridiculous, he has, he hasn't started as anything else and he's got some impressive performances on his resume. Right now "cant throw consistently" is an opinion, not a fact.

Exactly he's shown an ability to win games at the NFL level. We don't know what he could do with the Jets because he hasn't had the chance too.

As for the people saying he "can't throw consistently", Tebow could have improved his throwing at QB in the offseason.

ware94 wrote:
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the QB's on the roster are the answer, let's be real here. McElroy will get a shot to start next year against a veteran (whoever we bring in) and Sanchez will either be traded or be the third string next year until we can cut him. Tebow will also be traded.

Props to Mack on the sig
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
None of the QB's on the roster are the answer, let's be real here. McElroy will get a shot to start next year against a veteran (whoever we bring in) and Sanchez will either be traded or be the third string next year until we can cut him. Tebow will also be traded.

Yeah while that's true about these QB's, I have no clue what the Jets can do with Sanchez. I doubt anyone's willing to trade and pay him 8+ mill. a season in 2013. If the Jets cut him then their cap will take a huge hit...

then you got the issue of Santonio Holmes and what to do with him

ware94 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: