Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prove Me Wrong.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigseanny778

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Prove Me Wrong. Reply with quote

Tim tebow can be a starting NFL QB and win games. now there are many factors to why this is true.
-born winner, has won time and time again, high school, SEC, and denver.

-he took over a injured denver team last year and lead them to playoffs as well as a victory over the steelers(granted a banged up steelers but still big ben)

-he has always looked bad in practice because of his throwing motion and style of play but he does what great QBs do..... HE finds ways to win.
EX: dolphins game last year, played awful through 3 quarters terrible rating and i belive 25 yds passing. come 4th quarter he leads denver back double digit points and put his team in a position to WIN the game which numbers and ratings are irrelevent if that happens.

-either with legs, trick play or even passing. he can win games on any team in the NFL and be succesful.

-as soon as hes healthy enough he should start for us.

-and he has jesus on his side Laughing

but seriously PROVE ME WRONG.

too lazy to update the sig..

If you cant do what you imagine then what is imagination to you?
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can put bad plays behind him and step up when the game is on the line. Sanchez seems to compound mistakes with more mistakes. Tebows last game was the semifinals, he was Denvers best player in the playoffs. If he is injured, fine, but starting a Mcelroy over him if he's healthy is a spit in the face. Nice to see ya'll win today though, ugly or not.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Yup

- He had the same record as we did last season. The big difference is that they were in a weak division. Raiders fell apart when Mcfadden went down. Cheifs were killed by injuries. Chargers choked like always. even on his win streak, he beat the bears without Forte & Cutler. It's not like he was beating Elite teams. He did a great job agaisnt the steelers, but you have to admit, their defense was crushed with injuries at that time.

- He is nice running. I'll give him that.

- No, like I said in another thread. it wouldn't make sense to bench McElroy after that game. You have to wait until he screw up badly. Then it would make sense to put him out there.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp

Last edited by rickyt31 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bleed-Green-87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. His throwing motion makes him extremely inaccurate. No team, especially ours can afford this inefficiency from the qb position.

2. He can't run an NFL offense, rather he requires a dumbed down gimmick based offense. While this may have worked for a few games in Denver, all gimmicks in the NFL eventually get figured out and adjusted to.

3. There are no such things as "born winners". He played at Florida with Urban Meyer and an abundance of 5 star recruits... and in Denver with the best defense in the league.

Thanks Delphi^
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad somebody agrees with me. I can't believe there are Jet fans who want McElroy over Tebow...

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
bigseanny778

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-rickt31 i agree but like i said hes got a week or two til hes healed so if mcelroys good dont put tebow in but if not tebow time..

and to Bleed-Green-87

-tebow is not ineeficient last year 12-6 td-int ratio as well as 6 rush td.

-an yess theyre division may have been ailing but he took over a terrible team with a actually BAD defense (24th ranked) that was 1-4 and went to 8-8 so 7-4 is pretty damn good im my book with a poor defense and only really willis and thomas as weapons.

-and yea urban myer surrounded him with talent but a heisman trophy is alll himself as well as winning 2 national championships in the SEC once again a league OOOOZING with talent.

tebows stats one year as a starting NFL QB

126 for 271, 1,729 yards, 12 td, 6 int, & 122 rushes for 660 yards and 6 td....ntb

Last edited by bigseanny778 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigseanny778

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
I'm glad somebody agrees with me. I can't believe there are Jet fans who want McElroy over Tebow...

i want tebow but hes hurt an will take a week or two so mcelroy does get his shot i mean if hes beast keep him if not tebow time.

Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleed-Green-87 wrote:
1. His throwing motion makes him extremely inaccurate. No team, especially ours can afford this inefficiency from the qb position.

2. He can't run an NFL offense, rather he requires a dumbed down gimmick based offense. While this may have worked for a few games in Denver, all gimmicks in the NFL eventually get figured out and adjusted to.

3. There are no such things as "born winners". He played at Florida with Urban Meyer and an abundance of 5 star recruits... and in Denver with the best defense in the league.

lul what?!

This is the crazy talk I hate when people say Tebow doesn't deserve a chance to start at QB.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People glorified the Broncos team outside of Tebow to discredit him. He was not 8-8 but 7-4 and 9-7 including rookie year and playoffs. Denver wins 10-11 games if Orton never starts 2011. Impressive for any sophomore regardless of division or schedule.

Denvers defence allowed 40+ points more than anyone in the league (5 times) and 5 td's in the 1st half of the pats game. They were a bottom 10 unit, nothing more. They were also many key injuries come the latter part of the season and playoffs.

Outside of the QB, 2012 Jets>2011 Broncos. Don't see how anyone can argue against that.

If he's healthy he deserves to play.
Steve the Dream

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His style of play simply is not sustainable in this league. This is a passing league. You need to be able to throw the ball to win. Tebow cannot throw the ball consistently.

To fans of other teams, put it this way: Do you want Tim Tebow as your franchise quarterback?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are being blinded by the awful play of Sanchez! Tebow is no better then he was when we traded for him! He is not a good Pro QB and you can't say he was great in college so he has to start. College stats are unbelievably overblown. Your not playing pro level talent, it is apple and oranges comparing pro to college. If that was the case Troy Smith would still be a starting QB lol. From watching McElroy in the preseason last year I was impressed, I want to see what he could do with a few starts. Also didn't he lead a really good Alabama team to a National Championship?! So I guess he must be an alright QB too. Moral of the story is Tebow BLOWS! any stats you wanna reach for and glorify mean nothing when he completes 2 passes in a half. HE won in Denver because their D was lights out. And you seen what happened when NE got the easiest win in playoff history..... Enough said NO TEBOW
Rich51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:
His style of play simply is not sustainable in this league. This is a passing league. You need to be able to throw the ball to win. Tebow cannot throw the ball consistently.

To fans of other teams, put it this way: Do you want Tim Tebow as your franchise quarterback?

Thank you
green24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Dream wrote:

Spot on.
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting his history isn't proof that he'll be successful with this Jets team soooooo yeah.
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Posting his history isn't proof that he'll be successful with this Jets team soooooo yeah.

There is no such thing as proof, only evidence. A successful history is not a negative thing.

Saying he can't play QB is ridiculous, he has, he hasn't started as anything else and he's got some impressive performances on his resume. Right now "cant throw consistently" is an opinion, not a fact.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: