Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BREAKING NEWS: Dockett and Rhodes In Fight After Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/source-dockett-spat-in-rhodes-face/

So Rhodes got into with Dockett for not letting the Jets score so that it would be 14-6 with the ball going back to the Cards.

Maybe I am missing something but did Greene not fall down on the 1 yard line anyway?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/source-dockett-spat-in-rhodes-face/

So Rhodes got into with Dockett for not letting the Jets score so that it would be 14-6 with the ball going back to the Cards.

Maybe I am missing something but did Greene not fall down on the 1 yard line anyway?

Yeah he did fall over on his own. Not sure why he be mad at Dockett.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
khodder wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:

Yeah he did fall over on his own. Not sure why he be mad at Dockett.

Greene did fall on his own. From what I gathered from that PFT article, Rhodes wanted Dockett to just let Greene go into the endzone, but Dockett was playing hard on that play and trying to make a stop, which would have effectively ended the game. Greene made the heady play to not go in the endzone, so it didn't matter in the end.

There is obviously more to this situation than what we know, certainly more than what I know, but that is the impression I got.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Greene did fall on his own. From what I gathered from that PFT article, Rhodes wanted Dockett to just let Greene go into the endzone, but Dockett was playing hard on that play and trying to make a stop, which would have effectively ended the game. Greene made the heady play to not go in the endzone, so it didn't matter in the end.

There is obviously more to this situation than what we know, certainly more than what I know, but that is the impression I got.

But the very play before that Greene is headed right into the endzone and who makes the tackle...Kerry Rhodes.

Groves and Dan Williams are also giving effort on that play too. Most of the defense is not, the secondary and Washington/Lenon in particular. It is tricky, you don't ever want to not give your best on the football field, especially when even if you let them score a KR TD is basically your only option.

If the rumors of Darnell spitting in the face of Rhodes is true Darnell needs to step up, be the bigger man, apologize and get back to work.

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Probably the reason why the front office talked to Horton. Probably about discipline for Dockett or worst case scenario to talk about David Carter and his progress if he can fill in for a traded Dockett for draft positioning.

We can't trade Dockett. Money involved would be a serious set back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Rhodes doesn't need an attitude check, he needs a contract extension.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Kerry Rhodes doesn't need an attitude check, he needs a contract extension.

I'd rather we let him walk. He'll be 31 next August in the final year of his current deal. When he steps on the field after a contract extension, he'll be 32. Signing guys in the their 30s to contract extensions really isn't a stepping stone to success.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In an e-mail released by the Cardinals Tuesday morning, Rhodes wrote:

Yes, we had a disagreement on the field but, no he did NOT spit in my face. Im not going to get into all the details because I think those are things you keep within the team. But Darnell and I talked after the game, were both moving on and Ill leave it at that.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/20121204darnell-dockett-kerry-rhodes-incident-on-field.html

stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urban said Rhodes tweeted him quote "It never happened" about the spitting incident.

Hard to say if that's true or if he's just covering up something that's water under the bridge now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Probably the reason why the front office talked to Horton. Probably about discipline for Dockett or worst case scenario to talk about David Carter and his progress if he can fill in for a traded Dockett for draft positioning.

We can't trade Dockett. Money involved would be a serious set back.

His cap # is 6.5M next year. So 5M buyout saves nearly 2M plus we'd get a 3rd round pick? I'd do it... Plus we get out of the remaining 25M left on his deal.

The question is how much we'd get for him. Different situations but wasn't Boldin 30 when we got a 3rd/4th for him? I know we gave up a 5th but it was a good trade...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dockett's cap number for 2012 doesn't mean anything. The figure for what we'd take on money wise if he's released or traded is a different formula altogether. Simply put, while we'd be off the book for his 2012 base salary (To my knowledge, there's no more guaranteed money on this contract) of around 4.5-5 million dollars whatever it may be, we're totally on the hook for the remainder of his prorated signing bonus because that signing bonus has already been physically paid to him. The remainder of his prorated signing bonus is something like 9.5 million dollars. That's what we'd be on the hook for, 9.5 million dollars which again is nearly 5 million additional cap dollars.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotrac has his signing bonus paid off. Must be an error...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have it listed as an option bonus, which while true it technically isn't. It's a signing bonus for a player who signed an extension with years remaining. These bonuses are required to prorate as they are paid out in full to the player.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/05/dockett-apologizes-to-rhodes-confirms-reason-for-argument/

Justo on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki

Im hearing that Darnell Dockett has been fined six figures from the Cardinals organization, & could have a limited role vs. Seattle.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: