Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Greg McElroy Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Jets QB going forward?
Greg McElroy
75%
 75%  [ 27 ]
Mark Sanchez
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Tim Tebow
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
Rex Ryan leaning to starting McElroy as QB. One source called it 65/35. But coach still to meet with GM over the issue
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
Rex Ryan leaning to starting McElroy as QB. One source called it 65/35. But coach still to meet with GM over the issue

Tanny is probably begging Rex to go with Sanchez to secure his job.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

Which is why he needs to be fired. If he truly believes Sanchez gives us a better chance to win at this point then hes on some other $#!t. McElroy didnt have to do much but I liked his delivery, he throw a nice tight spiral, was accurate and knew what to do under pressure. Hes also quick on this toes. Let the kid play, it cant get any worse. Sanchez is embarrassing this organization and might be dumber then Chad Henne.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

I'm sorry but this argument is ridiculous. You're telling me Tanny would beg Rex to play a worse player simply because hes paid more?

As a GM/coach, you look worse when you lose than when you're wrong.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

Which is why he needs to be fired. If he truly believes Sanchez gives us a better chance to win at this point then hes on some other $#!t. McElroy didnt have to do much but I liked his delivery, he throw a nice tight spiral, was accurate and knew what to do under pressure. Hes also quick on this toes. Let the kid play, it cant get any worse. Sanchez is embarrassing this organization and might be dumber then Chad Henne.

How dumb do we all look wasting the time debating who was better between Henne and Sanchez? I mean seriously...

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

How dumb do we all look wasting the time debating who was better between Henne and Sanchez? I mean seriously...

I simply brought Henne up because I considered him one of the dumber QBs with decisions. Always loved his arm and his potential though. Hope he does well for JAX.

rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

than*

If you weren't talking about how smart different QBs are in your post I would have let it slide. Laughing
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

I'm sorry but this argument is ridiculous. You're telling me Tanny would beg Rex to play a worse player simply because hes paid more?

As a GM/coach, you look worse when you lose than when you're wrong.

No. And Sanchez is hardly a "worse player" than McElroy at this point in time.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora

than*

If you weren't talking about how smart different QBs are in your post I would have let it slide. Laughing

AHHHH im usually so good with that TOUCHE.

GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

I'm told owner Woody Johnson prefers Greg McElroy to be starting QB. GM Mike Tannenbaum & OC Tony Sparano prefer Mark Sanchez this week #nyj

Haha I thought this one was pretty funny too:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
RT @OfficialBraylon: Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast + will prove it when given chance.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

I'm told owner Woody Johnson prefers Greg McElroy to be starting QB. GM Mike Tannenbaum & OC Tony Sparano prefer Mark Sanchez this week #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
RT @OfficialBraylon: Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast + will prove it when given chance.

Woody may be in the right for once. I don't entirely disagree with Braylon, but Mark isn't a beast.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
This is such a cluster****. REX GO WITH MCELROY, you bum!

Can't believe Woody's right about this...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved to see Mark bounce back if possible, but Rex would be stupid to not start McElroy after what happened last week. Like I said before, Start McElroy until he blows it.

I don't agree with Braylon on Mark being a beast, but if there was any shot of him becoming one, the front office blew that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand how the owner of the Jets, the man who signed off on the Mark Sanchez trade, even lets his opinion become known.

Woody Johnson is not a fan of McElroy because of what he did in the game, he wants him on the field because he got a boner when the fans went crazy on Sunday.

Whether McElroy or Sanchez deserves to start for football purposes is definitely worth the debate, but don't take Woody's opinion as a football-related one. He's more concerned about making the fans happy in the short term, and repeatedly band-aiding those mistakes, then building a franchise.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Braylon Edwards just got waived by Seattle.

Get it done Mike!

Props to Jamison for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: