Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Greg McElroy Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the Jets QB going forward?
Greg McElroy
75%
 75%  [ 27 ]
Mark Sanchez
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Tim Tebow
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Nobody think it's really disrespectful for them to bench Sanchez but not play Tebow? The way the Jets are treating this guy, nobody deserves to be treated that way.

What has Tebow done to be the starter?

By accounts from players, he has been awful in practice. We'd have to change our offense to fit him. It would attract more negative attention to the team. He has broken ribs.

Meanwhile, Greg McElroy, whom I've been openly supporting for a few weeks now, came in and lead the offense down the field for a touchdown and a game clinching drive. He has proven it on the field for this Jets team, we won't have to change our offense, and it'll allow us to see if he fits in our long term plans.

How would Tebow bring more negative attention to the Jets then it's attracted already? I think McElroy a capable backup.

And what has Tebow done as a starter? He's done some good things it's just the Jets won't ever give him a chance and to top it off they put him in a position to fail

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Nobody think it's really disrespectful for them to bench Sanchez but not play Tebow? The way the Jets are treating this guy, nobody deserves to be treated that way.

Dont think Tebow was even dressed, he's was reported to have fractured ribs I believe

... And Sanchez is done here I just hope we dont blow an opportunity to get a solid passrusher in the draft to get a subpar QB

Yeah I know he was out with fractured ribs, but does nobody else find it weird that the first game Tebow is out Ryan benches Sanchez? Talk about a slap in the face.

Do the Jets still have a chance at the playoffs?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to bench McElroy so quickly after having a good peformance & a win? I don't understand, best thing to do is to rid out McElroy until he fall. Can't just throw in Tebow because of what he did last season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Dont think Tebow was even dressed, he's was reported to have fractured ribs I believe

... And Sanchez is done here I just hope we dont blow an opportunity to get a solid passrusher in the draft to get a subpar QB

Yeah I know he was out with fractured ribs, but does nobody else find it weird that the first game Tebow is out Ryan benches Sanchez? Talk about a slap in the face.

Tebow didn't play last week
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been preaching the last few weeks that Mark needs to take a seat on the bench...not because he's not the best QB on the roster, but because he's too comfortable. He doesn't believe he'll be benched.

And not just Mark. Guys like Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight as well for failing to PROTECT THE FOOTBALL. These aren't mistakes of talent, but rather mental mistakes of a couple of talented players whom don't think they can lose their job.

Strange thing happened today and the guys at SNY just brought it up. Greg McElroy took over for Mark Sanchez...and Bilal Powell was receiving key snaps over Shonn Greene. As soon as Greene saw Sanchez get benched he started running like his job was on the line. And it was about damn time. Put these players on notice Rex. No one's job is safe.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN: Rex on McElroy: "Right now I feel comfortable with Greg." #nyj

It will be McElroy vs. Sanchez this week.
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Exactly, I'd rather work on fixing all the other holes before we bring another QB into the crap-fest that is this team.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Strange thing happened today and the guys at SNY just brought it up. Greg McElroy took over for Mark Sanchez...and Bilal Powell was receiving key snaps over Shonn Greene. As soon as Greene saw Sanchez get benched he started running like his job was on the line. And it was about damn time. Put these players on notice Rex. No one's job is safe.

Astute observation colt. I still think Powell needs the carries over Greene but Greene DEFINITELY ran better with McElroy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

If the Jets win out, yes. We do not control our own destiny though.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

Raiders, Bengals, and Steelers losing all work to our benefit.

Last edited by Malik on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still have a bad feeling Sanchez will be starting again next sunday. which couldnt be a worse decision.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want someone to give Tebow another chance, if he fails, then he's back-up for life.
J!E!T!S!rock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing that happened was he went right in and scored and won the game. So Mark really has to be worried about being out as the starter. I liked what I seen from Greg in preseason last year and I would like to see him get a week of first team reps and a start against the Jags see what we have.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:

And not just Mark. Guys like Shonn Greene and Joe McKnight as well for failing to PROTECT THE FOOTBALL. These aren't mistakes of talent, but rather mental mistakes of a couple of talented players whom don't think they can lose their job.

Greene has only fumbled it twice this year since week 1 and one of those fumbles was on a failed 4th down conversion, so its not like it mattered, in fact it help our field position. Out of all the complaints of Greene, ball security is not one of them. And McKnight has always had a ball security problem. It is why he is not our running back, not sure what this awakening is but it is nothing new. In fact he has improved his ball security this year.

Colt45fool wrote:

Greene had the same YPA pre and post Sanchez.

Can you answer this question for me? Do you watch the games? Or just read some stupid blurbs on the game? From your posts it seems like you don't watch them.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Greene has only fumbled it twice this year since week 1 and one of those fumbles was on a failed 4th down conversion, so its not like it mattered, in fact it help our field position. Out of all the complaints of Greene, ball security is not one of them. And McKnight has always had a ball security problem. It is why he is not our running back, not sure what this awakening is but it is nothing new. In fact he has improved his ball security this year.

Colt45fool wrote:

Can you answer this question for me? Do you watch the games? Or just read some stupid blurbs on the game? From your posts it seems like you don't watch them.

He was running harder tho. Green had a hig run that inflated his numbers pre McElroy
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoLewis57 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

Colt45fool wrote:

He was running harder tho. Green had a hig run that inflated his numbers pre McElroy

O he was "running harder." Just like Tebow is a "real winner." And for the record, Greene's biggest run came after McElroy came in, so your theory that a big run inflated his state pre McElroy is false. In fact the opposite is true.

And I just got done watching the game, to answer this question. Who cares? McElroy didn't look good, Sanchez hasn't looked good, neither makes a real difference. I guess keep him in to see if he good enough but it didn't show this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: