Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT Detroit Lions (4-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I agree that I would like better than 12th, but are we right to expect it with how this year has gone?

OL has been a mess.
Lost our starting RB.
Lost our #1 WR until now.
Lost our #2 WR for a few games.

It would be nice if they were higher than 12th, but even being 12th isn't that bad with what has happened.

Especially with our schedule this far too. Has to be among the hardest in the league.

You state all of these facts which contradict your earlier statement.

No, it doesn't.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are 12th because of a lack of continuity on offense and because Rodgers is not going to take chances with the football. He avoids forcing things, and in cover-2 looks, if you are not going to dink and dunk or run the ball effectively, you do need to take some chances to defeat that defensive look. I do not think Rodgers has been patient enough to dink and dunk with WRs and Olinemen out constantly, and a very lackluster running game.

We have a very smart QB that is very anti-INT. That is a good thing. But it does have drawbacks that include more sacks. I think Rodgers would be more comfortable with the dink and dunk approach if he thought the offense was capable of generating 8-12 play drives consistently. Without a good run game and a complete lack of continuity on O, those drives are tough to accomplish.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I think we are 12th because of a lack of continuity on offense and because Rodgers is not going to take chances with the football. He avoids forcing things, and in cover-2 looks, if you are not going to dink and dunk or run the ball effectively, you do need to take some chances to defeat that defensive look. I do not think Rodgers has been patient enough to dink and dunk with WRs and Olinemen out constantly, and a very lackluster running game.

We have a very smart QB that is very anti-INT. That is a good thing. But it does have drawbacks that include more sacks. I think Rodgers would be more comfortable with the dink and dunk approach if he thought the offense was capable of generating 8-12 play drives consistently. Without a good run game and a complete lack of continuity on O, those drives are tough to accomplish.
I think all of this proves why he is the best player in the NFL. He is somewhat flawed that he has left some yards on the table by not checking down some more, but take Thomas and Decker off the Broncos for a very good part of the year, then take their starting LT and RT and starting LG off. No way does Manning look that good.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers opponents Scoring Defense

1. SF
2. CHI
3. SEA
4. HOU
7. AZ
9. NYG

17. STL
18. MIN
24. IND
25. DET
28. NO
30. JAX

6 games vs Top 10 scoring Ds
4 games vs Bottom 10 scoring Ds

12. KC
13. NO
14. CHI
18. ATL
22. SD
23. DET
24. DEN
25. NYG
26. STL
27. CAR
29. OAK
31. MIN
32. TB

0 games vs. Top 10 scoring Ds
10 games vs. Bottom 10 scoring Ds

While our play certainly affects those numbers some it's pretty obvious that we are playing much better defenses this year which is part of why we are scoring less.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forecast is calling for snow!!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I'm already pumped up, its snowing here right now, it just looks like a football game should bust out any second. But not like Aaron Rodgers style football, more like Paul Hornung covered in mud from a sloppy field, running the power sweep! Welp I guess I will have to settle for pretty boy Rodgers...

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
This without Wilson and Matthews has me concerned. Bell and Leshoure ran decently against us last time, they should be able to do even better without Wilson in here.

While it may make Detroit one dimensional I believe it makes us the same. Where as Brent could make plays in the snow I haven't seen anything from Aaron that makes me think he will fare any better the Stafford. Without Starks and Grant probably not being in game shape yet makes me very concerned about this game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
This without Wilson and Matthews has me concerned. Bell and Leshoure ran decently against us last time, they should be able to do even better without Wilson in here.

While it may make Detroit one dimensional I believe it makes us the same. Where as Brent could make plays in the snow I haven't seen anything from Aaron that makes me think he will fare any better the Stafford. Without Starks and Grant probably not being in game shape yet makes me very concerned about this game.

I have not seen any problems with A-rod in cold weather or snow. He has been a good cold weather QB to this point and is one of the reasons they went with him over Favre at the end if we all remember correctly.

The conditions do not scare me at all for this game. It is the shaky oline we are going in with that does. I think the defense will be fine. The Ss are not trying to tackle AP this weekend. AP was the difference in those long runs last week. Take out the longer runs and the run defense was ok. Plus, they are not going against that Minny or NY oline, this is the Lions oline. They have two decent players there, the rest leave a lot to be desired.

I think this will be another slugfest where the defense and a bad QB decision and DB play decides the game. ST returns could be huge as well. I will take the Pack in any of those circumstances.
JROD82891

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, How do you guys think Alex Green will do this week? Haven't got a chance to watch him. I have to choose between him or Fitz @ Seattle :/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
Hey guys, How do you guys think Alex Green will do this week? Haven't got a chance to watch him. I have to choose between him or Fitz @ Seattle :/

John Skelton is the QB for Fitz. And Green is a lock for 15 touches, probably more.

When in doubt, take the touches.

strat1080

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

I think all of this proves why he is the best player in the NFL. He is somewhat flawed that he has left some yards on the table by not checking down some more, but take Thomas and Decker off the Broncos for a very good part of the year, then take their starting LT and RT and starting LG off. No way does Manning look that good.

I've been saying this for a while. The MVP should be Rodgers' by a LANDSLIDE!!! Everybody is going crazy about Manning and I really just don't get it. Like you said. Take Thomas and multiple OL as well as a couple starting RBs and let's see how Manning looks.

Manning really hasn't played the same defenses that Rodgers' has. The toughest defenses that Manning has played were Pittsburgh (missing James Harrison and Ryan Clark) and Houston (and he struggled). Aaron Rodgers has played SF, Seattle, Arizona, Chicago, and Houston yet has a higher passer rating than Manning despite missing his best WR nearly the entire season. I don't understand the obsession with Manning this year. Great candidate for Comeback Player of the Year. He's not outplaying Aaron Rodgers.
strat1080

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Aaron Rodgers has a 106 QB Rating in cold weather. Him and Brady are surgeons in cold weather conditions.
Hawkfan191

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna make a bold statement
if its a snowbowl...Finley goes off im saying 120+2tds.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
I'm already pumped up, its snowing here right now, it just looks like a football game should bust out any second. But not like Aaron Rodgers style football, more like Paul Hornung covered in mud from a sloppy field, running the power sweep! Welp I guess I will have to settle for pretty boy Rodgers...

Snow games are a blast! I was one of the few thousand folks at the Blizzard Bowl against Tampa in 1985 and that was one fun time. With so few fans in attendance there were no lines for beer or the bathrooms. Wink Wins were few and far between back then. The following week it was clear and cold but Miami came into town and won big. Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Bowl_%281985%29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit higher scoring than most of us are thinking. I'm going with 30-23 Green Bay.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 9 of 58

Jump to: