Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT Detroit Lions (4-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

You've predicted easy wins for about 4 weeks in a row now and they just aren't coming. Maybe we've got different ideas of what constitutes an "easy win" but I'd say we've looked less than impressive in the Cardinals, Jaguars, Vikings, Lions, and obviously the Giants game.

With this many injuries we just aren't a very talented team after Rodgers. We are winning, but it's hardly been easy.

Clearly you have me confused with someone else because what you say is not true.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

You've predicted easy wins for about 4 weeks in a row now and they just aren't coming. Maybe we've got different ideas of what constitutes an "easy win" but I'd say we've looked less than impressive in the Cardinals, Jaguars, Vikings, Lions, and obviously the Giants game.

With this many injuries we just aren't a very talented team after Rodgers. We are winning, but it's hardly been easy.

Clearly you have me confused with someone else because what you say is not true.

Arizona coming off a monday night divisional game against SF and traveling across the country

THIS should be very, very healthy win for us.

incognito_man

Should be Packers big.

3 scores.

We still have a SB caliber team.

Your GDT predictions before the Vikings and Cardinals games quoted exactly.

I can keep looking of you'd like. We are not blowing anyone out.

[/quote]

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, feel free because that's only 2 weeks and you said 4.

2 score win over Minnesota - i was off a bit, yep. Having Jordy might have made the difference there.
14 point win over Arizona - yeah that's healthy
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
yeah, feel free because that's only 2 weeks and you said 4.

2 score win over Minnesota - i was off a bit, yep. Having Jordy might have made the difference there.
14 point win over Arizona - yeah that's healthy

The amount of injuries this team has gone through is ridiculous. Even comparing it to 2010 isn't a fair analogy anymore because this is far worse.

Full strength, we probably blow a lot of teams out they way we are clicking. When you're missing 2 starting WRs, LT, RT, LG, FS, OLB, RB, multiple members of your D line rotation and your 2 best ILB....

No way in hell. Also you can cite the score if you'd like but both in the Minny game and the Arizona game there were points where I had my doubts. Don't think I was alone either.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

No way in hell. Also you can cite the score if you'd like but both in the Minny game and the Arizona game there were points where I had my doubts. Don't think I was alone either.

That's just because you're spoiled after last year.

a 14 pt win is a healthy win. Sorry to inform you of this. Similarly, so is a 9 point victory.
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were up 21-7 at the half during the Arizona game. They seemed to ease up in the second half but still maintained a two score lead that would be the final score.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

That's just because you're spoiled after last year.

a 14 pt win is a healthy win. Sorry to inform you of this. Similarly, so is a 9 point victory.

You do keep bringing up this spoiled thing and I understand even Rodgers is saying this and maybe we are, but looking at the team, we have not played all that well this year. Chalk up to injuries or whatever you want, but this team hasn't been able to fundamentally beat the Cover 2 and that's the reason why so many people aren't comfortable with this team.

You look at the offensive statistics, we're 16th in yards (garbage stat I know) and only 12th in points. With the best quarterback in the league and some talent around him (granted big holes as well), that is not acceptable. You can keep saying we're spoiled as fans, but I expect better than 12th in points out of this offense.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that I would like better than 12th, but are we right to expect it with how this year has gone?

OL has been a mess.
Lost our starting RB.
Lost our #1 WR until now.
Lost our #2 WR for a few games.

It would be nice if they were higher than 12th, but even being 12th isn't that bad with what has happened.

Especially with our schedule this far too. Has to be among the hardest in the league.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
You look at the offensive statistics, we're 16th in yards (garbage stat I know) and only 12th in points. With the best quarterback in the league and some talent around him (granted big holes as well), that is not acceptable. You can keep saying we're spoiled as fans, but I expect better than 12th in points out of this offense.

There hasn't been nearly the level of talent around him as there was last year. Jennings has missed a large chunk of the season, Nelson has missed a good chunk of time. Finley has been inconsistent, RBs near incompetent, OL a mess, the only 2 consistent parts of the offense have been Randall Cobb and James Jones.

It's not a black hole, but it hasn't exactly been all that great either. Considering the ups and downs, and the schedule, 12th in points isn't awful.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we can't all be Atlanta and cruise to 11-1 by playing the easiest schedule in the league. Wink

R-E-L-A-X
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I agree that I would like better than 12th, but are we right to expect it with how this year has gone?

OL has been a mess.
Lost our starting RB.
Lost our #1 WR until now.
Lost our #2 WR for a few games.

It would be nice if they were higher than 12th, but even being 12th isn't that bad with what has happened.

Especially with our schedule this far too. Has to be among the hardest in the league.

You state all of these facts which contradict your earlier statement.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw you guys!

Packers by 50.

Come at me bro!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Kampman74

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pressure thing is killing me, missing CM3, and Bishop who IMO was our second best defensive player on the team. Then no Woodson who Capers liked to blitz a lot and then there goes the first round pick. It's crazy that we can even get pressure.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know where to post it so ill just do it here. Per Football Outsiders, Casey Hayward is tied for 11th in the league in Defeats.

Quote:
Hayward is a stunner, right there. Green Bay's rookie nickelback has five picks, but he also has six PDs on third down plus one on fourth, eight tackles that stopped a third-down reception short of the sticks, and a pass deflection that led to an interception by Eric Walden.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

There hasn't been nearly the level of talent around him as there was last year. Jennings has missed a large chunk of the season, Nelson has missed a good chunk of time. Finley has been inconsistent, RBs near incompetent, OL a mess, the only 2 consistent parts of the offense have been Randall Cobb and James Jones.

It's not a black hole, but it hasn't exactly been all that great either. Considering the ups and downs, and the schedule, 12th in points isn't awful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're awful or that 12th isn't understandable given the circumstances, but even with the injuries we're more talented than our output. We have a fundamental weakness in being unable to beat the cover 2 this year. Can't pin all that on a back we picked up in the middle of preseason. Can't pin it on missing a receiver or two because we have 5 starting caliber talents. The improvements of jones and Cobb are also there this year. Everyone on this offense besides those 2 are playing worse this season than last. It's not me being spoiled, but an offense that is slightly underachieving right now. Talent wise around the qb as a whole, how many offenses do you take above ours right now?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 8 of 58

Jump to: