Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: W 23-14, 8-4, Crosby > Walsh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
If the playoffs started today we'd play the Seahawks. I likey
The Seachickens don't even deserve to make it if they make it by one game.

It would be nice knocking them out tho, which I know we'd do. Easily.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

I'd honestly prefer that more than
A bye simply because I don't Wana risk the week of inactivity making us rusty.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
If Lang can play next week, I wouldn't mind it if Barclay moved into LG and Lang at RT.

I'd move Lang back to his position and keep Braclay at RT.

And that penalty on Tramon was the right call.
I just think that Lang is probably the better RT and its a more important position. But we will see how this thing plays out. I trust Mac to the fullest and support what ever he decides.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Good Game guys. I had to wait a day before posting about the game because I was still fuming about Ponder's epic fail and this is coming from one his biggest supporters. when did you guys learn to run the ball? I haven't seen you do that in years Wink It was a close game to me. You guys made the key plays and we made key mistakes. You earned it. See you at the dome.

We found a rookie tackle that can actually run block. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple friends of mine who are Vikings fans are trying to tell me Peterson could have carried that game himself if given more carries. I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. Yes he had a huge overall day, and yes every run counts, but there is a reason he only got 21 carries. The Vikings were unable to sustain drives with Peterson. Carry by carry, the Packers overall did decent, other than 3 big plays

1 Behind LG, 2 yds
2 Middle, 3 yds
3 Middle, 3 yds
4 Behind RG, 5 yds
5 Behind RG, 8 yds
6 Behind RG, 3 yds
7 Right End, 3 yds
8 Behind RG, 2 yds
9 Behind RT 9 yds
10 Left End, 4 yds
11 Middle, 2 yds
12 Behind RT 0 yds
13 Right End 82 yds, TD
14 Left End, 48 yds

15 Middle 4 yds
16 Behind LT, -1 yds
17 Behind RG, 6 yds
18 Left End, 3 yds
19 Behind RT, 0 yds
20 Left End, 1 yd
21 Behind LT, 23 yds

Give Peterson credit (and sloppy tackling blame) for those big runs but that 21 carries for 210 yards is deceptive. 153 of that came on 3 carries. On the other 18, Peterson was held to 57 yards, or 3.17 YPC. That meant that the Vikings were repeatedly in 3rd and long enough to make you need to pass fairly consistently. Ponder couldn't convert, so the drive stalls and Peterson gets no more carries. They TRIED to feed him and pound away and yes he broke loose and did some damage, but he couldn't sustain drives himself. Something like 12 of Ponder's pass attempts were late in the 4th down by 2 scores, and I think only 1 of Peterson's runs. That means in the first 3 quarters, the Vikings had 20 runs to 13 pass attempts.

Big play offense is poor % and it really doesn't work in the running game. There were too many carries of 2 yds or less (7, 1/3 of his total) and that just means it's unsustainable as a run first offense.

I also don't see the complaining about the overturned Rodgers INT. That was a call they are going to make just about every time. The QB got rid of the ball and there was a clear late shot after the ball was away. The officiating was mediocre all around, but didn't give either team any advantage.

On Crosby:

They've been doing Crosby no favors with the spots they've been putting him in. It's obvious he's been in a funk and they keep trotting him out there for 50+ yard kicks which are 50/50 anyway. That gets him pressing and overthinking and things just stay bad. I've been saying for a while they need to cut back on the long kicks, realize he just isn't hitting them right now, and that is going to carry over to the rest of his game. Once he settled down with a shorter kick, he seemed to get more comfortable with his swing. Stop trying those 50+ yard kicks for a little bit. Let him get into a comfortable swing. MM really needs to help his K a little work out of this slump.

On Starks vs Green

People are going to like what they saw out of Starks more because of the end of the game, but I don't see it that way. Green got more carries early because he does a better job running out of spread and 1 RB sets. Starks does better out of I formation and more power type sets. Green's style is valuable all game. That is the base offense the Packers want to run. Starks carries are going to come like that only late in the game trying to kill clock and hold a lead.

Both did well yesterday, but I see Green as the better RB in this offense overall.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pretty good game to go to. IIRC Matthews has missed 2 home games due to injury in his career now, 2010 vs Miami and vs MN this last week, I have been at both of them Crying or Very sad

I was really disappointed in the amount of Vikings fans that were there. I know some will get in no matter what, but if you are a season ticket holder why on earth are you selling tickets to this game???

If Lang can play next week, I wouldn't mind it if Barclay moved into LG and Lang at RT. If we gave Lang as much help as we gave Barclay, Lang would probably look great too. I like the idea of having the 5 best guys out there and I think thats what Mac was getting at when he moved Lang to RT. I am not sold that EDS is better than Barclay so I would be fine with benching EDS, dude gets like 5 penalties and gives up a sack or 2 every game.

Don't care what anybody says, Rodgers DOES have a problem throwing Finley the ball. I saw at least 2 or 3 times where Finley was WIDE open and Rodgers was looking at him and he either didn't throw him the ball or pumped and thought about it before throwing it to him. Need to fix that because Finley has earned it over the last 3 weeks.

Starks>>Green. Simple as that. Green is a good 3rd down back, he has a great skill set for that roll but Starks looks hungry. Gotta keep feeding him as he is only getting better.

3rd&1 - The death of this team. Can we all agree that a shotgun handoff/draw to Kuhn is the worst idea in the history of ever on 3rd&1? It never ever,ever,ever works. Ever.

After Mason doinked a (30?) yarder in, missed another longer kick, and booted the 2nd half kickoff out of bounds, I honestly thought somebody was going to kill the guy. I am sure Billy Cundiff was checking his cell phone every 10 seconds.

I was on the wrong end of the stadium for Tramon's personall foul call. Was it really helmet to helmet? It looked like he was trying to knock the ball out but the replays they showed didn't show good angles and only got the crowd more stirred up.

Hopefully Wilson and Matthews are back for the Week 17 match up vs the Vikings and help hold Adrian in check a lot better than yesterday.

All in all it was ugly but it was a win. Time to get healthy and make a hard playoff push. On to the Lions!!!

I'd keep Barclay at RT and move Lang back to LG.

I agree, stop giving the ball to Kuhn on 3rd and short. Use Kuhn as the lead blocker and give it to either Green or better yet Starks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen quite a few people on this board, and on others saying that "Crosby almost missed that!" so? An almost miss counts all the same as a kick right down the middle. Off the post and thru is good enough for hockey and soccer, I'll take it for the Packers as well.

I'd much rather have "almost misses" than "almost made its"
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pretty good game to go to. IIRC Matthews has missed 2 home games due to injury in his career now, 2010 vs Miami and vs MN this last week, I have been at both of them Crying or Very sad

I was really disappointed in the amount of Vikings fans that were there. I know some will get in no matter what, but if you are a season ticket holder why on earth are you selling tickets to this game???

If Lang can play next week, I wouldn't mind it if Barclay moved into LG and Lang at RT. If we gave Lang as much help as we gave Barclay, Lang would probably look great too. I like the idea of having the 5 best guys out there and I think thats what Mac was getting at when he moved Lang to RT. I am not sold that EDS is better than Barclay so I would be fine with benching EDS, dude gets like 5 penalties and gives up a sack or 2 every game.

Don't care what anybody says, Rodgers DOES have a problem throwing Finley the ball. I saw at least 2 or 3 times where Finley was WIDE open and Rodgers was looking at him and he either didn't throw him the ball or pumped and thought about it before throwing it to him. Need to fix that because Finley has earned it over the last 3 weeks.

Starks>>Green. Simple as that. Green is a good 3rd down back, he has a great skill set for that roll but Starks looks hungry. Gotta keep feeding him as he is only getting better.

3rd&1 - The death of this team. Can we all agree that a shotgun handoff/draw to Kuhn is the worst idea in the history of ever on 3rd&1? It never ever,ever,ever works. Ever.

After Mason doinked a (30?) yarder in, missed another longer kick, and booted the 2nd half kickoff out of bounds, I honestly thought somebody was going to kill the guy. I am sure Billy Cundiff was checking his cell phone every 10 seconds.

I was on the wrong end of the stadium for Tramon's personall foul call. Was it really helmet to helmet? It looked like he was trying to knock the ball out but the replays they showed didn't show good angles and only got the crowd more stirred up.

Hopefully Wilson and Matthews are back for the Week 17 match up vs the Vikings and help hold Adrian in check a lot better than yesterday.

All in all it was ugly but it was a win. Time to get healthy and make a hard playoff push. On to the Lions!!!

I'd keep Barclay at RT and move Lang back to LG.

I agree, stop giving the ball to Kuhn on 3rd and short. Use Kuhn as the lead blocker and give it to either Green or better yet Starks.
So much this! Starks was running his tail off out there. I wonder if the "Pad Level" thing played into it as it was a short yardage play? Just because its a &1 situation does NOT meen you have to run it up the middle, it is legal to run an outside zone in that situation.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

Right... you think it is better to risk losing in an NFL playoff game than for players to have rest.
kgthekid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in the Barclay at RT camp. He did well in the run game, but wasn't so great in pass protection. But I'm sure that's what you'd expect from your RT. Also glad that they chipped the pass rushers on his side and gave him help. If only they had kept trying to do that against the Giants.

Good thing the Vikings have Christian Ponder at QB. Bailed the Packers out when the Vikings were threatening a few times. I also like how they essentially dared Ponder to throw to anyone other than Rudolph. I don't like that they lost containment on him a few times.

Also, props to the corners for making it that difficult for Ponder to find a WR open.

Yeah. Tackling is a mess on this team like always. Looking at you, Morgan "Hit Stick" Burnett.

Why does Kuhn continue to get carries? Seriously?

Very pleased with Finley in the passing and even the running game for a change.

And lastly, I believe we've made our point about the officiating to some of the Vikings fans that posted here in this game. No need to belabor it.

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

Right... you think it is better to risk losing in an NFL playoff game than for players to have rest.

No kidding. Not to mention how banged-up our team is, and how much Rodgers got hit when we played them. I'll take the bye, thanks. If some other team does the honors of knocking out Seattle, so be it.
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
A couple friends of mine who are Vikings fans are trying to tell me Peterson could have carried that game himself if given more carries. I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. Yes he had a huge overall day, and yes every run counts, but there is a reason he only got 21 carries. The Vikings were unable to sustain drives with Peterson. Carry by carry, the Packers overall did decent, other than 3 big plays

1 Behind LG, 2 yds
2 Middle, 3 yds
3 Middle, 3 yds
4 Behind RG, 5 yds
5 Behind RG, 8 yds
6 Behind RG, 3 yds
7 Right End, 3 yds
8 Behind RG, 2 yds
9 Behind RT 9 yds
10 Left End, 4 yds
11 Middle, 2 yds
12 Behind RT 0 yds
13 Right End 82 yds, TD
14 Left End, 48 yds

15 Middle 4 yds
16 Behind LT, -1 yds
17 Behind RG, 6 yds
18 Left End, 3 yds
19 Behind RT, 0 yds
20 Left End, 1 yd
21 Behind LT, 23 yds

Give Peterson credit (and sloppy tackling blame) for those big runs but that 21 carries for 210 yards is deceptive. 153 of that came on 3 carries. On the other 18, Peterson was held to 57 yards, or 3.17 YPC. That meant that the Vikings were repeatedly in 3rd and long enough to make you need to pass fairly consistently. Ponder couldn't convert, so the drive stalls and Peterson gets no more carries. They TRIED to feed him and pound away and yes he broke loose and did some damage, but he couldn't sustain drives himself. Something like 12 of Ponder's pass attempts were late in the 4th down by 2 scores, and I think only 1 of Peterson's runs. That means in the first 3 quarters, the Vikings had 20 runs to 13 pass attempts.

Big play offense is poor % and it really doesn't work in the running game. There were too many carries of 2 yds or less (7, 1/3 of his total) and that just means it's unsustainable as a run first offense.

I also don't see the complaining about the overturned Rodgers INT. That was a call they are going to make just about every time. The QB got rid of the ball and there was a clear late shot after the ball was away. The officiating was mediocre all around, but didn't give either team any advantage.

On Crosby:

They've been doing Crosby no favors with the spots they've been putting him in. It's obvious he's been in a funk and they keep trotting him out there for 50+ yard kicks which are 50/50 anyway. That gets him pressing and overthinking and things just stay bad. I've been saying for a while they need to cut back on the long kicks, realize he just isn't hitting them right now, and that is going to carry over to the rest of his game. Once he settled down with a shorter kick, he seemed to get more comfortable with his swing. Stop trying those 50+ yard kicks for a little bit. Let him get into a comfortable swing. MM really needs to help his K a little work out of this slump.

On Starks vs Green

People are going to like what they saw out of Starks more because of the end of the game, but I don't see it that way. Green got more carries early because he does a better job running out of spread and 1 RB sets. Starks does better out of I formation and more power type sets. Green's style is valuable all game. That is the base offense the Packers want to run. Starks carries are going to come like that only late in the game trying to kill clock and hold a lead.

Both did well yesterday, but I see Green as the better RB in this offense overall.
Applause Applause Applause Applause Fantastic post, can't disagree with a single word you said, except when you used "k" instead of "kicker", took me too long to figure out. Besides that word, agree with every other word.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
^^^ BAM!!!!!

does anoyone not read when i post on this site?? i said same exact thing a page or two over, more elaborate and everything, no cred. This has happened at least 5 times. Patience growing super thin with this board, who only recognizes certain people who post. Just saying...

^Props to Jamison.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good thing about yesterday's game was that 11 minute drive in the 4th quarter. We didn't score a TD but ate up a bunch of time and scored 3 to make it a 2 score game. That drive could be one of our better ones this year when you consider we had to over come a couple of big penalties too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricane_Seasn wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
^^^ BAM!!!!!

does anoyone not read when i post on this site?? i said same exact thing a page or two over, more elaborate and everything, no cred. This has happened at least 5 times. Patience growing super thin with this board, who only recognizes certain people who post. Just saying...

Sorry man? I didn't see your post. I just read the last page or 2 of the thread. If it helps, ill quote you and write ^^^BAM BOOM!!! Cool

Shout out to justo on the avatar!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: