Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: W 23-14, 8-4, Crosby > Walsh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
I just find it funny to come in here whining about the refs, when they missed lots of calls, yet your team still couldn't win.

Oh geez, I wasn't saying the refs are the reason Minnesota lost. Minnesota lost simply because they beat themselves. Christian Ponder looked like a highschool QB out there. He's awful.

But over the course of the season minus one bad call against the Seahawks, I feel like the Packers are the beneficiaries of many calls by the refs.

Jared Allen should have had an INT this game, and potentially making this a much different game (again with ponder though, I doubt he would've been able to complete any pass in the playbook , thus making this game any different. He plays so scared and unpoised out there its just laughable)

Whatever. I've seen enough of the packers to know what kind of team that is. Take that for what its worth.

See ya in week 17. I doubt the outcome will be any different though. lol
I don't want to get into this "we got screwed by the refs" pissing contest, but if you've watched the Packers at all this year I don't know how you can say this. Early in the season we had a string of turnovers taken away by poor officiating calls, and Sam Shields has been called for a few mind boggling calls on his own. To say we've been benefiting from said calls is a joke.

Look at this game alone. We got ONE call, there was at least 3 OBVIOUS bad calls we got screwed on (Jones TD, 2 obvious facemasks). Get out of here with your "benefited from bad calls" talk.

You say you know what kind of team this is? You're missing Harvin and Chris Cook. We finished this game WITHOUT 10 OPENING DAY STARTERS. And we won. You know what kind of team we are? A resilient, never say die team who has overcome a whole hell of a lot in order to be in first place in the NFC North, the toughest division in football. I'll take that any day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ BAM!!!!!

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
I just find it funny to come in here whining about the refs, when they missed lots of calls, yet your team still couldn't win.

Oh geez, I wasn't saying the refs are the reason Minnesota lost. Minnesota lost simply because they beat themselves. Christian Ponder looked like a highschool QB out there. He's awful.

But over the course of the season minus one bad call against the Seahawks, I feel like the Packers are the beneficiaries of many calls by the refs.

Jared Allen should have had an INT this game, and potentially making this a much different game (again with ponder though, I doubt he would've been able to complete any pass in the playbook , thus making this game any different. He plays so scared and unpoised out there its just laughable)

Whatever. I've seen enough of the packers to know what kind of team that is. Take that for what its worth.

I don't want to get into this "we got screwed by the refs" pissing contest, but if you've watched the Packers at all this year I don't know how you can say this. Early in the season we had a string of turnovers taken away by poor officiating calls, and Sam Shields has been called for a few mind boggling calls on his own. To say we've been benefiting from said calls is a joke.

Look at this game alone. We got ONE call, there was at least 3 OBVIOUS bad calls we got screwed on (Jones TD, 2 obvious facemasks). Get out of here with your "benefited from bad calls" talk.

You say you know what kind of team this is? You're missing Harvin and Chris Cook. We finished this game WITHOUT 10 OPENING DAY STARTERS. And we won. You know what kind of team we are? A resilient, never say die team who has overcome a whole hell of a lot in order to be in first place in the NFC North, the toughest division in football. I'll take that any day.

It's ok. This year he'll just cheer for his other "favourite" team while they're winning. LOL what a joke.

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
HawaiiFan808

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:

Abalow7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:

THIS ^^^^^^^ FTMFW!!!!

Packerbacker87 on the SIG ^
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Greg Zuerlein game-winning FG would've been good from 70 yards. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game today Cheeseheads. I think the Vikings could very well have won that game if Ponder hadn't thrown the ugly INT's. It just goes to show how important it is to have a good quarterback. You guys are missing what, 10 starters? At the same time, you have the best QB in the league. The Vikings had one of the best RB's of all time go off for over 200 yards and our pathetic, bottom 2 passing game can't even do enough to get us over the hump. What a difference.

I just hope that some day the Vikings organization will figure out that you have to place a huge priority on getting a quality QB. Other than three years ('98 with Cunningham, '04 with Culpepper, and '09 with Favre), we haven't had a truly good quarterback leading our team since the days of Tarkenton. That's ridiculous.

In any case, the Packers deserve a lot of credit for doing what it took to win against a division opponent when they were missing so many of their key players. Congratulations on that, and hopefully we can give you a better game in Week 17.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Good game today Cheeseheads. I think the Vikings could very well have won that game if Ponder hadn't thrown the ugly INT's. It just goes to show how important it is to have a good quarterback. You guys are missing what, 10 starters? At the same time, you have the best QB in the league. The Vikings had one of the best RB's of all time go off for over 200 yards and our pathetic, bottom 2 passing game can't even do enough to get us over the hump. What a difference.

I just hope that some day the Vikings organization will figure out that you have to place a huge priority on getting a quality QB. Other than three years ('98 with Cunningham, '04 with Culpepper, and '09 with Favre), we haven't had a truly good quarterback leading our team since the days of Tarkenton. That's ridiculous.

In any case, the Packers deserve a lot of credit for doing what it took to win against a division opponent when they were missing so many of their key players. Congratulations on that, and hopefully we can give you a better game in Week 17.

Yet you want tebow?

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:

I feel truly bad for Peterson. He's the consummate pro, good guy on and off the field, hard worker, not cocky despite being the best in the world...it's too bad that his prime years are being wasted right now.

I really hope the Vikings trade him to a contender Wink

Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:

I feel truly bad for Peterson. He's the consummate pro, good guy on and off the field, hard worker, not cocky despite being the best in the world...it's too bad that his prime years are being wasted right now.

I really hope the Vikings trade him to a contender Wink

Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

Yet you want tebow?

I sure do. I have since he came into the league. It's not all about the stat sheet. Tebow is a different type of player, but I think his upside is incredible if put in the right situation.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

justo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

Yet you want tebow?

I sure do. I have since he came into the league. It's not all about the stat sheet. Tebow is a different type of player, but I think his upside is incredible if put in the right situation.
YOU HAVE JOE WEBB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

Yet you want tebow?

YOU HAVE JOE WEBB

True. Both of them are qb's who are capable of running with the ball, but I think Tebow brings far more to the table than Webb does in terms of leadership and other intangibles.

persiandud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:

Ponder needs to be braver and wait for his receivers to get open. I hope you guys will be able to get a good QB because AP's best years are dwindling down. I agree that if he hadn't thrown that pick to Burnett in the endzone the boxscore would probably be very different.

Stay classy, Uncle Buck. See you in Week 17.

(btw Uncle Buck is my favorite John Candy movie)
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

Ponder needs to be braver and wait for his receivers to get open. I hope you guys will be able to get a good QB because AP's best years are dwindling down. I agree that if he hadn't thrown that pick to Burnett in the endzone the boxscore would probably be very different.

Stay classy, Uncle Buck. See you in Week 17.

(btw Uncle Buck is my favorite John Candy movie)

I don't. Laughing

That's not a cheap shot at Vikings fans, but what fan wants his rival to find a good QB?

Not I.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: