Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: W 23-14, 8-4, Crosby > Walsh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
why was it a disaster for our Oline???

Best we've run the football all year probably...

Was referring to Lang leaving.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

+ Crosby

Bleh.

Missed a 50 yarder by a wiiiide margin. Doinked in a chipshot. Put a kickoff out of bounds.

Glad he made his last kick tho, and hopefully it's a start for him to get back on track.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

+ Crosby

Bleh.

Missed a 50 yarder by a wiiiide margin. Doinked in a chipshot. Put a kickoff out of bounds.

Glad he made his last kick tho, and hopefully it's a start for him to get back on track.

It's a "+" by his recent standards. Any other day it's whatever. Today? Hopefully this means something going forward.
jiggad369

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a running game?

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say the run D was bad. The only thing bad was the tackling. Outside of that 80 yard disaster, AP was AP and I thought we did good enough to win. Guy is a HOF back after all.

Allen had a few pressures, but Newhouse did a nice job.

Rodgers played good. Finley made some big plays. Jennings made a huge 3rd down catch.

Burnett. Run bad. Pass good.

Division game that was closer than we'd like, but a win is a win. I'm happy. Razz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.flash wrote:
justo wrote:
Dude maybe Shields leaves and we net a DP. Put a 2nd round tender on him so that someone takes him instead of paying the kid? Woodson/Williams/House/Hayward could be the DC next year at the position.
The Packers would be stupid to let Shields go. I doubt he's going to outprice himself to us and he's a young corner with a very bright future ahead of him. Losing his speed on the boundary has been terrible for us. Not so sure Woodson comes back next season and its not possible to have too many good DB's.

Ehh, I don't think we should be trading Shields, he has proven to be a great role player and has potential to be much more. I can't see him being that expensive, he doesn't have the body of work to demand it, but if he did and we had to choose between him or Woodson, I think I would lean towards keeping Shields at this point. Woodson has clearly lost more than a few steps and he is not the type of player to keep going unless he can play at a high level. I think he may retire after this year anyway...
"How must I prepare myself? Should I jump off the tallest building in the world? Should I lie in the lawn and let it run over me with lawnmowers? Should I go to Africa and let it trample me with raging elephants?"-The Ultimate Warrior
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
why was it a disaster for our Oline???

Best we've run the football all year probably...

Was referring to Lang leaving.

Ah. Doesn't sound serious though. Thought Barclay played well-enough and our Oline overall. Ran the ball at will most of the game.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields leaving? Absolutely no way that would be even remotely intelligent. Going forward with a trio of stud cornerbacks is huge for our defense, especially with the big pieces of Matthews/Raji. Throw in the young studs on the line (Daniels, Worthy) and Perry at OLB, and our defense is top five going forward.

We just have to put "it" together.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I was very happy with Barclay for the most part.

LT: Newhouse
LG: Lang
C: Saturday
RG: Sitton
RT: Barclay

for the rest of the year.

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:

This, if Lang is good. Use EDS in some jumbo packages for the hell of it.

Either way, I feel good going forward with Barclay and Newhouse as my backups at tackle with EDS and Van Roten or a draft pick as our interior swing lineman. I just hope Sherrod can fully recover.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want to criticize this online, two back ups up in there and to churn out that ball control run game the way they did was extraordinary. It is the way you draw up a win at Lambeau in December.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

+ Crosby

Bleh.

It's a "+" by his recent standards. Any other day it's whatever. Today? Hopefully this means something going forward.

Crosby's accuracy was the difference in the score folks. Big props for him responding the way he did after a very bad season to this point.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
+ Barclay
+ Starks
+ Green
+ Finley
+ Crosby
+ House

All around great performance from the OL. Seriously needed this and they came through big time. I hope Lang is back soon and can fill in at LG, but either way, Barclay came to play big time. The run game was so impressive. The offense got in a rhythm at the end and had an absolutely studly 10+ minute drive to put the dagger in. House was incredible throughout--physical and ran with their guys. Pass rush was lacking, but hopefully that can be eradicated with CMIII returning.

Either way, hell of a win. Can't wait to do my mock tonight!
Maybe in the run game but they were down right horrible in the passing game. Rodgers was getting hit WAY to much.
Maybe so, but I do think Barclay was much better than Lang, and if Lang is ok, Lang goes back to LG, me Smile

Lang is a guard and Barclay is a tackle so it stands to reason a guy would play better at his natural position. How bad is Lang's injury, anybody know?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
+ Barclay
+ Starks
+ Green
+ Finley
+ Crosby
+ House

All around great performance from the OL. Seriously needed this and they came through big time. I hope Lang is back soon and can fill in at LG, but either way, Barclay came to play big time. The run game was so impressive. The offense got in a rhythm at the end and had an absolutely studly 10+ minute drive to put the dagger in. House was incredible throughout--physical and ran with their guys. Pass rush was lacking, but hopefully that can be eradicated with CMIII returning.

Either way, hell of a win. Can't wait to do my mock tonight!
Maybe in the run game but they were down right horrible in the passing game. Rodgers was getting hit WAY to much.
Maybe so, but I do think Barclay was much better than Lang, and if Lang is ok, Lang goes back to LG, me Smile

Lang is a guard and Barclay is a tackle so it stands to reason a guy would play better at his natural position. How bad is Lang's injury, anybody know?

It isn't "serious" as noted by McCarthy, but that's too vague and too little to guess whether he's playing next week with any semblance of accuracy.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:

Sounds good to me. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: