Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: W 23-14, 8-4, Crosby > Walsh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GBPackers79


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19622
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
why was it a disaster for our Oline???

Best we've run the football all year probably...


Was referring to Lang leaving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Title Town USA


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 18692
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

+ Crosby


Bleh.

Missed a 50 yarder by a wiiiide margin. Doinked in a chipshot. Put a kickoff out of bounds.

Glad he made his last kick tho, and hopefully it's a start for him to get back on track.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 3450
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

+ Crosby


Bleh.

Missed a 50 yarder by a wiiiide margin. Doinked in a chipshot. Put a kickoff out of bounds.

Glad he made his last kick tho, and hopefully it's a start for him to get back on track.


It's a "+" by his recent standards. Any other day it's whatever. Today? Hopefully this means something going forward.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jiggad369


Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 1101
Location: Somerset, NJ
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a running game?
_________________


TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3141
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say the run D was bad. The only thing bad was the tackling. Outside of that 80 yard disaster, AP was AP and I thought we did good enough to win. Guy is a HOF back after all.

Allen had a few pressures, but Newhouse did a nice job.

Rodgers played good. Finley made some big plays. Jennings made a huge 3rd down catch.

Burnett. Run bad. Pass good.

Division game that was closer than we'd like, but a win is a win. I'm happy. Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattlock76


Joined: 06 Sep 2009
Posts: 2001
Location: Madison, WI. Heart of the Beer Belt.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.flash wrote:
justo wrote:
Dude maybe Shields leaves and we net a DP. Put a 2nd round tender on him so that someone takes him instead of paying the kid? Woodson/Williams/House/Hayward could be the DC next year at the position.
The Packers would be stupid to let Shields go. I doubt he's going to outprice himself to us and he's a young corner with a very bright future ahead of him. Losing his speed on the boundary has been terrible for us. Not so sure Woodson comes back next season and its not possible to have too many good DB's.



Ehh, I don't think we should be trading Shields, he has proven to be a great role player and has potential to be much more. I can't see him being that expensive, he doesn't have the body of work to demand it, but if he did and we had to choose between him or Woodson, I think I would lean towards keeping Shields at this point. Woodson has clearly lost more than a few steps and he is not the type of player to keep going unless he can play at a high level. I think he may retire after this year anyway...
_________________
"How must I prepare myself? Should I jump off the tallest building in the world? Should I lie in the lawn and let it run over me with lawnmowers? Should I go to Africa and let it trample me with raging elephants?"-The Ultimate Warrior
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 29896
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
why was it a disaster for our Oline???

Best we've run the football all year probably...


Was referring to Lang leaving.


Ah. Doesn't sound serious though. Thought Barclay played well-enough and our Oline overall. Ran the ball at will most of the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 3450
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields leaving? Absolutely no way that would be even remotely intelligent. Going forward with a trio of stud cornerbacks is huge for our defense, especially with the big pieces of Matthews/Raji. Throw in the young studs on the line (Daniels, Worthy) and Perry at OLB, and our defense is top five going forward.

We just have to put "it" together.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 9229
Location: U.C.F.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I was very happy with Barclay for the most part.

LT: Newhouse
LG: Lang
C: Saturday
RG: Sitton
RT: Barclay

for the rest of the year.
_________________

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 3450
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Yea I was very happy with Barclay for the most part.

LT: Newhouse
LG: Lang
C: Saturday
RG: Sitton
RT: Barclay

for the rest of the year.


This, if Lang is good. Use EDS in some jumbo packages for the hell of it.

Either way, I feel good going forward with Barclay and Newhouse as my backups at tackle with EDS and Van Roten or a draft pick as our interior swing lineman. I just hope Sherrod can fully recover.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 3967
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say what you want to criticize this online, two back ups up in there and to churn out that ball control run game the way they did was extraordinary. It is the way you draw up a win at Lambeau in December.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 3967
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

+ Crosby


Bleh.

Missed a 50 yarder by a wiiiide margin. Doinked in a chipshot. Put a kickoff out of bounds.

Glad he made his last kick tho, and hopefully it's a start for him to get back on track.


It's a "+" by his recent standards. Any other day it's whatever. Today? Hopefully this means something going forward.


Crosby's accuracy was the difference in the score folks. Big props for him responding the way he did after a very bad season to this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7400
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
+ Barclay
+ Starks
+ Green
+ Finley
+ Crosby
+ House

All around great performance from the OL. Seriously needed this and they came through big time. I hope Lang is back soon and can fill in at LG, but either way, Barclay came to play big time. The run game was so impressive. The offense got in a rhythm at the end and had an absolutely studly 10+ minute drive to put the dagger in. House was incredible throughout--physical and ran with their guys. Pass rush was lacking, but hopefully that can be eradicated with CMIII returning.

Either way, hell of a win. Can't wait to do my mock tonight!
Maybe in the run game but they were down right horrible in the passing game. Rodgers was getting hit WAY to much.
Maybe so, but I do think Barclay was much better than Lang, and if Lang is ok, Lang goes back to LG, me Smile


Lang is a guard and Barclay is a tackle so it stands to reason a guy would play better at his natural position. How bad is Lang's injury, anybody know?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 3450
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
+ Barclay
+ Starks
+ Green
+ Finley
+ Crosby
+ House

All around great performance from the OL. Seriously needed this and they came through big time. I hope Lang is back soon and can fill in at LG, but either way, Barclay came to play big time. The run game was so impressive. The offense got in a rhythm at the end and had an absolutely studly 10+ minute drive to put the dagger in. House was incredible throughout--physical and ran with their guys. Pass rush was lacking, but hopefully that can be eradicated with CMIII returning.

Either way, hell of a win. Can't wait to do my mock tonight!
Maybe in the run game but they were down right horrible in the passing game. Rodgers was getting hit WAY to much.
Maybe so, but I do think Barclay was much better than Lang, and if Lang is ok, Lang goes back to LG, me Smile


Lang is a guard and Barclay is a tackle so it stands to reason a guy would play better at his natural position. How bad is Lang's injury, anybody know?


It isn't "serious" as noted by McCarthy, but that's too vague and too little to guess whether he's playing next week with any semblance of accuracy.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7400
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Yea I was very happy with Barclay for the most part.

LT: Newhouse
LG: Lang
C: Saturday
RG: Sitton
RT: Barclay

for the rest of the year.


Sounds good to me. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group