Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buster Skrine quietly having a very strong season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5831
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:


and your comparing Skrine's combine stats to Bademosi's Proday stats, which are notoriously faster.

I remember watching Skrine, his unadjusted time at the combine was like 4.29 in the 40. He's fast as hell.


so draft scout over nflcombine results???? mmm k


I see you've focused in on just the 40 time. Ignoring the fact that Skrine beat Bademosi in every other category (except size and vert). But, since his ADJUSTED time isn't as fast, he must not have as much potential, right?

And draft scout posts their fastest time, and their slowest time, which is why I use them. NFL just uses their adjusted time.

You've always been a guy to focus more on size and 40 time alone. I hate the 40 time. I'd rather see a guy do well in the 10 yard, shuttle, and 3 cone drill. Those are more football related than running in a straight line for 40 yards with no pads or contact.

Not that I care that much. He hasn't played that well, but the coaches love him. He did have 4 different position coaches and 3 DC's while in college.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7901
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrine is a burner. Don't care what the 40 says, dude can fly.

Reports out of camp this summer were that he and Benjamin were the two fastest on the roster.

Either way, both he and Bademosi have more than enough physical talent to be successful.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this a topic? I don't even know what people are arguing about here?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:


and your comparing Skrine's combine stats to Bademosi's Proday stats, which are notoriously faster.

I remember watching Skrine, his unadjusted time at the combine was like 4.29 in the 40. He's fast as hell.


so draft scout over nflcombine results???? mmm k


I see you've focused in on just the 40 time. Ignoring the fact that Skrine beat Bademosi in every other category (except size and vert). But, since his ADJUSTED time isn't as fast, he must not have as much potential, right?

And draft scout posts their fastest time, and their slowest time, which is why I use them. NFL just uses their adjusted time.

You've always been a guy to focus more on size and 40 time alone. I hate the 40 time. I'd rather see a guy do well in the 10 yard, shuttle, and 3 cone drill. Those are more football related than running in a straight line for 40 yards with no pads or contact.

Not that I care that much. He hasn't played that well, but the coaches love him. He did have 4 different position coaches and 3 DC's while in college.


For a ""fast guy"" I skrine beat over the top and to the spot on routes a lot.

I just like what I saw of Badmosi in school and his ST play has been superb, I''d like to him get more snaps as the 4th CB at least.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5434
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Buster. If I were coach I think i'd even try him out at QB, but then i've always been a fan of the Skrine pass Laughing Twisted Evil Embarassed

I love his quickness, he just needs to play the ball more, not like on that TD pass he gave up last week where he assumed he could leap 12 feet into the air. I don't think he will ever be a #1 type, but if he can improve his technique substantially, he will have a nice career ahead of him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5831
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:


and your comparing Skrine's combine stats to Bademosi's Proday stats, which are notoriously faster.

I remember watching Skrine, his unadjusted time at the combine was like 4.29 in the 40. He's fast as hell.


so draft scout over nflcombine results???? mmm k


I see you've focused in on just the 40 time. Ignoring the fact that Skrine beat Bademosi in every other category (except size and vert). But, since his ADJUSTED time isn't as fast, he must not have as much potential, right?

And draft scout posts their fastest time, and their slowest time, which is why I use them. NFL just uses their adjusted time.

You've always been a guy to focus more on size and 40 time alone. I hate the 40 time. I'd rather see a guy do well in the 10 yard, shuttle, and 3 cone drill. Those are more football related than running in a straight line for 40 yards with no pads or contact.

Not that I care that much. He hasn't played that well, but the coaches love him. He did have 4 different position coaches and 3 DC's while in college.


For a ""fast guy"" I skrine beat over the top and to the spot on routes a lot.

I just like what I saw of Badmosi in school and his ST play has been superb, I''d like to him get more snaps as the 4th CB at least.


He gets beat b/c he doesn't flip his hips fast enough. Has nothing to do with how fast he is, which is one of the reasons a 40 time doesn't matter.

And I remember a PC by Shurumur saying that Skrine lets WR's get into his body to much.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you guys agree Bademosi plays faster on at least on ST than Skrine?
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5831
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Would you guys agree Bademosi plays faster on at least on ST than Skrine?


What does this have to do with defense?
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5831
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Would you guys agree Bademosi plays faster on at least on ST than Skrine?


What does this have to do with defense?


and just to add...

Bademosi leads the team with special teams tackles with 12. Skrine is second with 8.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Would you guys agree Bademosi plays faster on at least on ST than Skrine?


What does this have to do with defense?


Playing faster on the field is a good thing and applicable to defense as it is game speed.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5434
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Would you guys agree Bademosi plays faster on at least on ST than Skrine?


It seems to me Skrine is there the quickest on the punt team (doesn't always play it smart), but the 1st guy usually misses. I liked what I saw of Bademosi, he didn't appear to have the quickness Skrine does, but not many 6' guys do.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5434
Location: WV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Why is this a topic? I don't even know what people are arguing about here?


I think it's the faster you are the better you are as a corner. Haden ran a 4.17 I think...right?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16610
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Why is this a topic? I don't even know what people are arguing about here?


I think it's the faster you are the better you are as a corner. Haden ran a 4.17 I think...right?


Yeah, but he'll never see Revis' 3.92 time.
_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Would you guys agree Bademosi plays faster on at least on ST than Skrine?


What does this have to do with defense?


Playing faster on the field is a good thing and applicable to defense as it is game speed.


The issue is playing fast on defense...in full pads

The issue is not running in a straight line, either in or out of pads.

A tenth of a second or two in the 40 yard dash is insignificant compared to the player's atheletic ability to use pass defense techiques in a real football game.

Skrine, at this time, has demonstrated superior skill and teqnique to the coaches and thus is ahead of Bademosi.

Given more time to develop, Bademosi may catch, or even surpass Skrine. But it makes no sense to play him OVER Skrine at this time.

I like Bademosi's size more than Skrines, but size doesn't magically give him experience, technique, ball skills, and game speed.

I really like what bulldog said about Skrine's problems turning his hips. If you look at his backpedal, it's great...his closing speed is pretty good...his ball skills are also good...the only thing I see him doing poorly is coming out of his backpedal, he loses a step or 2 on his guy pretty often...sometimes with tight hips, other times with clumsy footwork, and he also has been held or "arm-barred"


But really...what the hell was he thinking on that fair catch penalty? Laughing
_________________


Last edited by Entropy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44832
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:


Not quite the right numbers.

Skrine (combine)

Height: 5094
Weight: 186
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.50
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.90
3-Cone Drill: 6.44


Bademosi (pro day)

Height: 6006
Weight: 201
40 Yrd Dash: 4.39
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.58
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 16
Vertical Jump: 40
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.10
3-Cone Drill: 6.96


???????????????????

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/buster-skrine?id=2495343


http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103388&draftyear=2011&genpos=CB

and your comparing Skrine's combine stats to Bademosi's Proday stats, which are notoriously faster.

I remember watching Skrine, his unadjusted time at the combine was like 4.29 in the 40. He's fast as hell.


so draft scout over nflcombine results???? mmm k


skrine slipped at the combine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group