Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 GDT:Panthers @ Chiefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts having attended the game:

Defense was trash 90% of the time. Wide zones, no push in the run game, easy conversions all over.
WRs actually played pretty solidly. They were getting open more than ot typically looks like on TV. LaFell's drop was killer.
Williams was running well.
Newton is what I thought he was - a great talent who is wildly inconsistent. Deep in he overthrows a wide open Smith for a conversion. A couple other questionable overthrows. And, he overthrew Smith on a screen pass. How the frack does a professional quarterback overthrow a reciever by four feet on a one-step drop screen pass? It's unbelievable.
Also, blatant missed holding call against Johnson at the end of the game that let them convert a third. That was pretty awful.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armanti, fua, clausen, mcclain, otah. that's 5 first day picks that contribute diddly squat on a regular basis. appreciate it hurney. the next gm is gonna have to have a great first draft in order to rid this team of all the dead weight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
armanti, fua, clausen, mcclain, otah. that's 5 first day picks that contribute diddly squat on a regular basis. appreciate it hurney. the next gm is gonna have to have a great first draft in order to rid this team of all the dead weight

CoughCough(Everette Brown)CoughCough
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting little tidbit, Cam Newton has rushed for at least 1 TD in 7 of the Panthers last 9 victories over the past two years, including at least one rushing TD in all of our victories this year.

Only two he didn't were against the Jags in the monsoon and against the Texans.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As inconsistent as he has been accuracy wise, credit to him for appearing to (for the time being) being much better at not making poor decisions. He still has his "wtf" from time to time but he only has 2 interceptions in the past 5 games and both of them came in 1 game. I kind of feel better when I look that 9 of his 10 interceptions have come in 4 games. He's at a 2.8 INT% on the season.
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a key contributer as to why Rivera needs to be fired. He had his team unprepared and wasted timeouts. Even knowing that he had limited ability to stop the clock, he still punted on 4th at the end of the game with 3:30 left. He's the most worthless coach the Panthers have ever had, and yes, I suffered through the Seifert years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
This game is a key contributer as to why Rivera needs to be fired. He had his team unprepared and wasted timeouts. Even knowing that he had limited ability to stop the clock, he still punted on 4th at the end of the game with 3:30 left. He's the most worthless coach the Panthers have ever had, and yes, I suffered through the Seifert years.

I don't disagree with the Panthers punting late in the game. You can't give the ball to your opponent in FG range, Succop did bang a 52 yard FG just moments earlier. What I disagree with is calling timeout in the 2nd half on 3rd and 1. This is a coaching error and just another reason why Rivera should be out at the seasons end. Had the Panthers not allowed the speedy and elusive BQ III convert 3rd and 9, they would have had two minutes to drive the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: