Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Not the sexy picků just the right one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Over rated. I'm going to be attending University of Alabama next semester so I've been watching all their games and the one thing that stuck out most is how this "elite" prospect got blown off the ball so much. I'll admit I've only watched him in a few games this year but he's really stood out, in a bad way.

We'll disagree here but it's kinda silly to base your opinion on only a few games this season... Jones has played out of position at center and has battled a shoulder and foot injury this year while overall still playing at a high level. Go back to his Junior year where he dominated at left tackle and his 1st two years at Bama where he dominated at guard. This is an elite prospect that will be a difference maker in the NFL.

Will he be a regular on ESPN to 10, NO... he might not even make a ton of pro bowls but what he will do is go largely unnoticed and so will the guy he's blocking.

I respect you opinion though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
This bama o line is very overrated. Just look at the games against A&M and Georgia, McCarron was knocked down a lot. From an o line with likely 3 first round picks this year, i expect a nearly perfect game... You can find qualitiy line players in later rounds and use our first rounder for whatever pass rusher is available!

Ill give you the A&M game... that was on Barrett. He clearly was overmatched due to his injury by the smaller quicker interior DT's. Outside of that he played extremly well considering the situation. Georgia has 3 top 20 NFL 1st round draft picks on that defense in Jones, Jenkins and Ogletree. Rambo has 1st round talent but has major character issues and Williams might be this drafts most overlooked prospect at Safety.

Still dealing with a foot injury that caused Barrett to be assisted by crutches after the game he sill played a great game aganist one of the premier NT in the eyes of the NFL.

Sometimes looks aren't always what they seem... take the guys full body of work and present situation into consideration before you cast judgement. I understand alot of guys werent going to like Jones but to say he is overrated I just cannot agree with that... however if this post was about DJ Fluker than I'd be onboard with ya.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna make something clear here... by no means do I feel Jones will be a Joe Thomas or Jake Long type. What I am suggesting is that he can be a 10 times better verison of John Stichcomb and could secure any one of the positions of need up front for the next 10 years.

Will he be a dominate LT... No but he can be a solid one.

Will he be a dominate RT... He has the skill set to do so.

Is it worth it if he winds up at center... Go back and watch Puente this season then you tell me.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Worm Can I call you Worm Lol, Nailed it. Saints are and will be a offense team. Thats where the Saints win games, Thats the strength. And Brees and Co are only as good as the Oline.

Their will be money spent on Vets on defense that Spags will use to get that pressure (Osi, Butler, Freeney).

Good post Cool

Of course brother, that's what i'm known as around these parts. Laughing

I totally agree with you, I think we'll see a few new faces on defense next season as Spags continues to bring in his type of guys but Mickey Loomis has always addressed major needs through Free Agency. I understand that were in over the cap but this is Mickey Loomis were talking about here. He'll find a way to get under by releasing a few overpriced veterans and making deals with young talented free agent defenders. Just look at the Lofton deal.

The big thing is... there isn't really a big pool of offensive lineman this FA. That's why I feel the Saints will target a young talented O-Lineman like Barrett Jones or Jake Matthews in this drafts top round because like we said this team is built on offense and it's a broken system if Brees can't be protected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: