Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want The Eagles To Take With Top Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do We Take? (Don't worry, all have >32 inch arms)
Geno Smith
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Jarvis Jones
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Star Lotulelei
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
Manti Te'o
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Luke Joeckel
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Johnathan Hankins
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Damontre Moore
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
DeMarcus Milliner
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Barkevious Mingo
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Bjoern Werner
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Matt Barkley
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Taylor Lewman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keenan Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dion Jordan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Chance Warmack
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
If we trade down into the mid-1st and take Baby face Matthews and then with our surplus of 2nd rounders, we'll take Matt Elam or Adam Vaccarro, ill be happy with it.

Kenny Vaccaro oland, Kenny Vaccaro.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
oland11 wrote:
If we trade down into the mid-1st and take Baby face Matthews and then with our surplus of 2nd rounders, we'll take Matt Elam or Adam Vaccarro, ill be happy with it.

Kenny Vaccaro oland, Kenny Vaccaro.

Whoops...
eagles1014

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my assumption, (and hope) is that we stick with foles and add some veteran competition at the qb position. Reaching for one of these qbs in the top of the draft could set our franchise back for years. So assuming we do that, id like for us to either stay where we are and draft Manti Te'o if available, or id like for us to trade back in the round and select Johnthan Banks. Regardless of position, Te'o brings the one thing we need and havent had in a while. A dominant player with star potential. For too long we have not had a guy like this. A guy who can change a game, a guy who strikes fear into his opponents. I understand that we have ryans as of now. But regardless of how exceptional he has played this season, hes owed a pretty penny next season, and you dont know if a new coach would want to carry that over. Te'o could bring us an identity that we have lacked for some time.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles1014 wrote:
Te'o could bring us an identity that we have lacked for some time.
His position is not a premium one in the NFL (like QB, LT, DE), so IMO he's not worth a top 5 pick (which we most likely will have). If we trade back to say #10 maybe, then I can honestly endorse that pick.

I think at this stage, it's too early to tell what I exactly want from our top pick in 2013. We don't know who our coaches will be, where we are picking, and which exact prospects will be at the top of the draft big board.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually starting to think about a defensive end. It's the old adage that you need a QB, need to protect the QB and need to get to the opposition's QB.

Out of those three, we could do with improving the latter.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
eagles1014 wrote:
Te'o could bring us an identity that we have lacked for some time.
His position is not a premium one in the NFL (like QB, LT, DE), so IMO he's not worth a top 5 pick (which we most likely will have). If we trade back to say #10 maybe, then I can honestly endorse that pick.

I think that's an antiquated way of looking at the ILB position. But we already know how this works, it will take a couple more years before everyone can clearly see it my way. The ILB position has become more important when one is speaking of the 3 down type with leadership and playmaking ability. Give me a 3 down ILB with leadership and playmaking ability over a LT prospect. There is no shortage of guys on Earth that can play LT well in the NFL. The LT position also isn't one where on field leadership emanates. For this particular iteration of the Eagles that lack leadership, a guy like Te'o looks like a potentially more impactful acquisition.

Here's another way for you guys to look at it, take the top 5 inside linebackers to have played within the last 10 years, if given a choice to add one to the Buffalo Bills over the last 10 years, would you rather have one of these ILBs or one of the top 10 LTs to have played in the last 10 years?

If you don't have a franchise QB, getting a top LT prospect is a joke. Cleveland and Miami have not benefited. Look what happened to the Rams with drafting Jason Smith. Again, I know it will take a couple more years before people see it my way. The LT position is a tad bit overvalued, and/or people simply don't take all of the appropriate dynamics of positions into account when making evaluations. Three down playmaking defensive leadership is not to be undersold... Te'o has plenty of that so if necessary one should look at the position that he plays as rare or "unique," perhaps "QBILB". Laughing
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I think that's an antiquated way of looking at the ILB position. But we already know how this works, it will take a couple more years before everyone can clearly see it my way. The ILB position has become more important when one is speaking of the 3 down type with leadership and playmaking ability. Give me a 3 down ILB with leadership and playmaking ability over a LT prospect. There is no shortage of guys on Earth that can play LT well in the NFL. The LT position also isn't one where on field leadership emanates. For this particular iteration of the Eagles that lack leadership, a guy like Te'o looks like a potentially more impactful acquisition.

Here's another way for you guys to look at it, take the top 5 inside linebackers to have played within the last 10 years, if given a choice to add one to the Buffalo Bills over the last 10 years, would you rather have one of these ILBs or one of the top 10 LTs to have played in the last 10 years?

If you don't have a franchise QB, getting a top LT prospect is a joke. Cleveland and Miami have not benefited. Look what happened to the Rams with drafting Jason Smith. Again, I know it will take a couple more years before people see it my way. The LT position is a tad bit overvalued, and/or people simply don't take all of the appropriate dynamics of positions into account when making evaluations. Three down playmaking defensive leadership is not to be undersold... Te'o has plenty of that so if necessary one should look at the position that he plays as rare or "unique," perhaps "QBILB". Laughing
We still have DeMeco Ryans, who I think is doing a good job at MIKE. I wouldn't be against taking Te'o, but in the top 5 seems too high.

And in recent draft history, nearly everyone thought Aaron Curry was a sure thing as a top 5 LB, but he was a bust.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

We still have DeMeco Ryans, who I think is doing a good job at MIKE. I wouldn't be against taking Te'o, but in the top 5 seems too high.

And in recent draft history, nearly everyone thought Aaron Curry was a sure thing as a top 5 LB, but he was a bust.

I never said that Te'o was a sure thing, and here's how I feel about Curry

PowerElite wrote:

Pro Bowler Alex Mack is his 3rd center. Aaron Curry is his #1 linebacker. No 43 outside linebacker should EVER be #1.

That was criticizing Mike Mayock's linebacker ratings for that draft.

So don't conflate "sure thing" with "important position."
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree MLB is a very important position.

But I am comfortable moving forward with Ryans. He's still only 27. Has some wear and tear, but he's still playing effectively on a defense that is a disaster from top to bottom.

Dumping the wide-9 will help him.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:

PowerElite wrote:

Pro Bowler Alex Mack is his 3rd center. Aaron Curry is his #1 linebacker. No 43 outside linebacker should EVER be #1.

Like I posted above, we still have DeMeco. I think we'll target another position for our 1st rounder this year.
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

But I am comfortable moving forward with Ryans. He's still only 27. Has some wear and tear, but he's still playing effectively on a defense that is a disaster from top to bottom.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the tone of this is pretty negative. I mean, I'm reading between the lines here but you make it seem like Ryans' play has been average and he could be upgraded this offseason. I think it's quite the opposite. He's not that great in coverage but he's lights OUT in run support. He's got 91 tackles on the season, 13 tackles for a loss and he's third in the NFL in stops. And he's only 27 like you said and he's still got a lot of years on his contract. He'll be around for a while and he certainly wouldn't be upgraded by a guy like Te'o whose hype is OUT OF CONTROL.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Phire wrote:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the tone of this is pretty negative. I mean, I'm reading between the lines here but you make it seem like Ryans' play has been average and he could be upgraded this offseason. I think it's quite the opposite. He's not that great in coverage but he's lights OUT in run support. He's got 91 tackles on the season, 13 tackles for a loss and he's third in the NFL in stops. And he's only 27 like you said and he's still got a lot of years on his contract. He'll be around for a while and he certainly wouldn't be upgraded by a guy like Te'o whose hype is OUT OF CONTROL.

I think he's played as well as anyone could on this defense.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're picking as high as it looks like we might be, guys on my list right now (in no order):
Star Lotulelei
Sheldon Richardson
Ezekiel Ansah
Barkevious Mingo
Dion Jordan
Luke Joeckel
Jake Matthews
Geno Smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

PowerElite wrote:

Like I posted above, we still have DeMeco. I think we'll target another position for our 1st rounder this year.

The Texans had Demeco when they drafted Cushing... Demeco is doing well but obviously is no fixture in a REBUILDING franchise. Demeco is a RIGHT NOW guy.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still 100% believe, as I stated in the original Prospects thread, that Jonathan Hankins is the best defensive prospect in this draft. I'm not for taking a defensive lineman high again this year, but if it's Hankins[or Star] I wouldn't be to upset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: