Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want The Eagles To Take With Top Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do We Take? (Don't worry, all have >32 inch arms)
Geno Smith
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Jarvis Jones
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Star Lotulelei
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
Manti Te'o
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Luke Joeckel
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Johnathan Hankins
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Damontre Moore
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
DeMarcus Milliner
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Barkevious Mingo
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Bjoern Werner
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Matt Barkley
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Taylor Lewman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keenan Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dion Jordan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Chance Warmack
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

Author Message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Trade down regardless!
Trade down with some team that we know will be in the top 10 next year.


How do you know for sure a team will be? Many would have thought Indy, Was, Min and TB would have been good bets goiny into the 2013 draft. How that work out? Yes trading back if there is no clear cut player for that pick is the right thing to do. But there's no guarantee anyone behind our pick will be guaranteed a top 10 next season. There's just to much parity in the league.


Ring up our buddy joe banner, or call up the jets.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 20532
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Trade down regardless!
Trade down with some team that we know will be in the top 10 next year.


How do you know for sure a team will be? Many would have thought Indy, Was, Min and TB would have been good bets goiny into the 2013 draft. How that work out? Yes trading back if there is no clear cut player for that pick is the right thing to do. But there's no guarantee anyone behind our pick will be guaranteed a top 10 next season. There's just to much parity in the league.


Ring up our buddy joe banner, or call up the jets.


Or the Bills, they are on record that they are going to draft a QB early this year.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22105
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Trade down regardless!
Trade down with some team that we know will be in the top 10 next year.


How do you know for sure a team will be? Many would have thought Indy, Was, Min and TB would have been good bets goiny into the 2013 draft. How that work out? Yes trading back if there is no clear cut player for that pick is the right thing to do. But there's no guarantee anyone behind our pick will be guaranteed a top 10 next season. There's just to much parity in the league.


Ring up our buddy joe banner, or call up the jets.


Or the Bills, they are on record that they are going to draft a QB early this year.


But that's the point I'm getting at. For all we know the Bills take a QB this season and end up similar in records to Indy or Was next year because the QB and team as a whole stepped up in a week division. The Jets yes are over rated but they too play in the same horrible division and when Revis comesback the defense will be drastically better as well. The Browns would be a given but they have a chance to either finish worse then the Eagles or no better then a pick/two behind us. Nowhere close to justify giving up a 2014 1st.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Trade down regardless!
Trade down with some team that we know will be in the top 10 next year.


How do you know for sure a team will be? Many would have thought Indy, Was, Min and TB would have been good bets goiny into the 2013 draft. How that work out? Yes trading back if there is no clear cut player for that pick is the right thing to do. But there's no guarantee anyone behind our pick will be guaranteed a top 10 next season. There's just to much parity in the league.


Ring up our buddy joe banner, or call up the jets.


Or the Bills, they are on record that they are going to draft a QB early this year.


But that's the point I'm getting at. For all we know the Bills take a QB this season and end up similar in records to Indy or Was next year because the QB and team as a whole stepped up in a week division. The Jets yes are over rated but they too play in the same horrible division and when Revis comesback the defense will be drastically better as well. The Browns would be a given but they have a chance to either finish worse then the Eagles or no better then a pick/two behind us. Nowhere close to justify giving up a 2014 1st.


Well that's the sort of contingency we're all working with though.

I can say "I want Star!" but how do I know he will be there? I can say "I would take Star if available." Which would make more sense.

I'm doing the same thing, if there's a decent trade-down outlet available that's my top choice.

Plus if we give ourselves more ammunition for next year's draft, it makes it easier for US to trade up and get who we want.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22105
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Trade down regardless!
Trade down with some team that we know will be in the top 10 next year.


How do you know for sure a team will be? Many would have thought Indy, Was, Min and TB would have been good bets goiny into the 2013 draft. How that work out? Yes trading back if there is no clear cut player for that pick is the right thing to do. But there's no guarantee anyone behind our pick will be guaranteed a top 10 next season. There's just to much parity in the league.


Ring up our buddy joe banner, or call up the jets.


Or the Bills, they are on record that they are going to draft a QB early this year.


But that's the point I'm getting at. For all we know the Bills take a QB this season and end up similar in records to Indy or Was next year because the QB and team as a whole stepped up in a week division. The Jets yes are over rated but they too play in the same horrible division and when Revis comesback the defense will be drastically better as well. The Browns would be a given but they have a chance to either finish worse then the Eagles or no better then a pick/two behind us. Nowhere close to justify giving up a 2014 1st.


Well that's the sort of contingency we're all working with though.

I can say "I want Star!" but how do I know he will be there? I can say "I would take Star if available." Which would make more sense.

I'm doing the same thing, if there's a decent trade-down outlet available that's my top choice.

Plus if we give ourselves more ammunition for next year's draft, it makes it easier for US to trade up and get who we want.


That's not what you said though. You said "trade down regardless". Which means whether Star is there or not , don't get him and trade down to secure a top 10 pick. None of which is ever guaranteed in today's NFL. Everyone is always saying next years draft we can take...... When that too is never guaranteed. When you are guaranteed a top 5 pick as it seems the Eagles might be , you utilize that gift as best as possible. If that means trade out in "hopes" of getting a decent pick in next years draft then true you take that option. If that pick means you are able to take one of the best players in the 2012 draft in Star you go with what's guaranteed in front of you instead preying for the future IMO. I'm not saying Star is a lock to be the next Haloti/dominate DT because injuries could derail that quickly. However those same injuries could negate whom ever you are targeting in the 2014 draft as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 8014
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot is going to depend on the combine, free agency, and coaching/scheme changes, but right now I would like to trade down and acquire at least another early 3rd, but preferably an extra mid 2nd.
If we trade down just a little bit, then I would like us to take Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, Or the best NT available.
If we trade down a lot, then I would like Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Cordarrell Patterson, Dion Jordan, Matt Elam or Kawann Short. Anthony Barr in round 2.
_________________

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Trade down regardless!
Trade down with some team that we know will be in the top 10 next year.


How do you know for sure a team will be? Many would have thought Indy, Was, Min and TB would have been good bets goiny into the 2013 draft. How that work out? Yes trading back if there is no clear cut player for that pick is the right thing to do. But there's no guarantee anyone behind our pick will be guaranteed a top 10 next season. There's just to much parity in the league.


Ring up our buddy joe banner, or call up the jets.


Or the Bills, they are on record that they are going to draft a QB early this year.


But that's the point I'm getting at. For all we know the Bills take a QB this season and end up similar in records to Indy or Was next year because the QB and team as a whole stepped up in a week division. The Jets yes are over rated but they too play in the same horrible division and when Revis comesback the defense will be drastically better as well. The Browns would be a given but they have a chance to either finish worse then the Eagles or no better then a pick/two behind us. Nowhere close to justify giving up a 2014 1st.


Well that's the sort of contingency we're all working with though.

I can say "I want Star!" but how do I know he will be there? I can say "I would take Star if available." Which would make more sense.

I'm doing the same thing, if there's a decent trade-down outlet available that's my top choice.

Plus if we give ourselves more ammunition for next year's draft, it makes it easier for US to trade up and get who we want.


That's not what you said though. You said "trade down regardless". Which means whether Star is there or not , don't get him and trade down to secure a top 10 pick. None of which is ever guaranteed in today's NFL. Everyone is always saying next years draft we can take...... When that too is never guaranteed. When you are guaranteed a top 5 pick as it seems the Eagles might be , you utilize that gift as best as possible. If that means trade out in "hopes" of getting a decent pick in next years draft then true you take that option. If that pick means you are able to take one of the best players in the 2012 draft in Star you go with what's guaranteed in front of you instead preying for the future IMO. I'm not saying Star is a lock to be the next Haloti/dominate DT because injuries could derail that quickly. However those same injuries could negate whom ever you are targeting in the 2014 draft as well.


I don't think Star is that special. I don't really think any of these guys in the top 5 are all that worth their value or could really work out for the Eagles.

Trading down and accumulating picks is the course of action that I would want, I know it's a risk but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 33825
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Trading down and accumulating picks is the course of action that I would want, I know it's a risk but that's a risk I'm willing to take.


Would be lovely, but someone would have to trade up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles1014


Joined: 14 Nov 2011
Posts: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if you guys were to chose, other than joeckel and trading back, which player WOULD you take? Assuming we run a 4-3 id go for moore or teo. The problem is i cant justify taking any of these DBs this high? Ideally for me we'd trade back for Matt elam or Johnthan Banks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles1014 wrote:
so if you guys were to chose, other than joeckel and trading back, which player WOULD you take? Assuming we run a 4-3 id go for moore or teo. The problem is i cant justify taking any of these DBs this high? Ideally for me we'd trade back for Matt elam or Johnthan Banks


If Joeckel is gone take his teammate Matthews

There is basically no reason for the Eagles not to take an offensive tackle with their first pick to sure up the weakest position on their team with one of the best players that will be available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 32956
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some body huge with a criminal history.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Some body huge with a criminal history.


Luke Joeckel. He stole the Heisman for Johnny Football
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 32956
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
Some body huge with a criminal history.


Luke Joeckel. He stole the Heisman for Johnny Football


dude him and Matthews..

Johnny Idiots stats were all based off when they were up by 3 TD's or more... hes a joke.. i hate him.. i would slap him in real life.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Some body huge with a criminal history.


And knee problems.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 20785
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only answer is Matt Barkley ... I mean have you seen how great USC quarterbacks have been in the NFL
_________________


#WeTheNorth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group