Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want The Eagles To Take With Top Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do We Take? (Don't worry, all have >32 inch arms)
Geno Smith
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Jarvis Jones
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Star Lotulelei
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
Manti Te'o
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Luke Joeckel
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Johnathan Hankins
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Damontre Moore
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
DeMarcus Milliner
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Barkevious Mingo
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Bjoern Werner
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Matt Barkley
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Taylor Lewman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keenan Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dion Jordan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Chance Warmack
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
The Texans had Demeco when they drafted Cushing... Demeco is doing well but obviously is no fixture in a REBUILDING franchise. Demeco is a RIGHT NOW guy.

Taking Te'o would be really dumb. Like REALLY, REALLY dumb. Te'o's hype is much greater than his actual performance and skill-set. Te'o is very experienced and it shows with the maturity and leadership he plays with on the field. He's very instinctive and he does a real good job of calling his defense. BUT, if you're drafting a linebacker THAT high, they BETTER be impact athletes and Te'o is not that. Guys like Brian Urlacher, Patrick Willis and Luke Kuechly were really, really athletic prospects who were coverage ACES and had fantastic striking ability, sideline to sideline range and they could cover the middle of the field with ease. Te'o is not that, Te'o's interceptions have been flukey. Most of his interceptions have been either thrown right at him or tipped passes, the only real impressive one was against Landry Jones and I doubt he makes that play 99/100 times. And he lacks the cat quick athleticism too. And if you didn't notice, Te'o misses his fair share of tackles in space because he doesn't have supreme athleticism. He's comparable to DeMeco Ryans.

He's vastly inferior as a player to impact defenders like Brian Cushing and Luke Kuechly. Cushing in particular was an extremely impressive prospect who flashed dominating potential at the point of attack and athleticism in coverage. Kuechly was probably the best coverage linebacker in years and his instincts and pursuit angles were prodigal.

Te'o should not be picked in the top 10 IMO. And I feel rather strongly about that. I understand what you're saying about middle linebackers but Te'o is not that sort of player and if you actually watched him play instead of just looking at stats and triangle numbers, you would see that too.

And on top of that, we have a lot of holes to fill and it just so happens that we already have the MLB hole filled and we do not need to upgrade that. And to say that DeMeco Ryans is not a guy you want to build your team around but Manti Te'o is, is a tad ridiculous. They're incredibly similar.

And for the record, Cushing was a SLB coming out of USC which is why the Texans drafted him. They drafted him to play SLB NEXT TO DeMeco Ryans, not replace him. He only moved inside when DeMeco got hurt and when they moved to a 3-4 defense.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
The Texans had Demeco when they drafted Cushing... Demeco is doing well but obviously is no fixture in a REBUILDING franchise. Demeco is a RIGHT NOW guy.

Taking Te'o would be really dumb. Like REALLY, REALLY dumb.

Not dumber than this mock you made where Desean is traded resulting in a $12+ million dead money cap hit in 2013 which includes GUARANTEED SALARY! http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506716

Laughing
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Not dumber than this mock you made where Desean is traded resulting in a $12+ million dead money cap hit in 2013 which includes GUARANTEED SALARY! http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506716

Laughing

Laughing

Sweet argument bro. Meco wins again! It's like debating a 4 year old.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

It is funny that PE has conventionally forgot that his original argument was swiftly crushed in that thread.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

It is funny that PE has conventionally forgot that his original argument was swiftly crushed in that thread.

"conventionally forgot " WTF? Laughing

Spell checker correction fail. The word is conveniently. Dumb & Dumber cosigning one another again...
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Meco wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

"conventionally forgot " WTF? Laughing

Spell checker correction fail. The word is conveniently.

Laughing Laughing Laughing This kid is an absolute joke. Always gets demolished in debates but continues to avoid the topic and/or will nitpick specific parts of the post he's responding to. Truly an ego maniac.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
978 yards (1st), 6 TDs (t-5th), 95.5 Passer Rating (10th)
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss puts it so well.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I get wrapped up in it from time to time, let's just leave it be guys.

RMiB, Meco, PE, Marky, we'll all just agree to disagree.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:

Indeed.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Fair enough, although Cushing WAS NOT a MIKE coming out of USC, he was a WILL. Maybe Te'o could be a SAM or WILL, but his best spot is at MIKE. But for the sake of seeing things on both sides, sure, taking a good prospect at a position that we already have locked up could be beneficial while we are rebuilding. However, I think we need to target other positions.
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:

This bugs me. I was actually trying to have a productive, insightful conversation and it got completely wiped off the tracks because of PE's pettiness. I mean, I wrote all that and he literally just responded to the first sentence with something totally not topical.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Fair enough, although Cushing WAS NOT a MIKE coming out of USC, he was a WILL. Maybe Te'o could be a SAM or WILL, but his best spot is at MIKE. But for the sake of seeing things on both sides, sure, taking a good prospect at a position that we already have locked up could be beneficial while we are rebuilding. However, I think we need to target other positions.

Phire wrote:
I agree MLB is a very important position.

But I am comfortable moving forward with Ryans. He's still only 27. Has some wear and tear, but he's still playing effectively on a defense that is a disaster from top to bottom.

Dumping the wide-9 will help him.

According to NFL.com Demeco Ryans will be 29 years of age in July 2013.
http://www.nfl.com/player/demecoryans/2506888/profile
7/28/1984
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Dumb & Dumber cosigning one another again...
PE, this portion of your post is unacceptable. Please refrain from posting like this again.

I understand other posters do not share your ideas on certain topics, but there is no need for this. This is an official warning.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, some sites have him as being born on 1985 and others 1984, I'll go with NFL.com though.
Pony up that birth certificate Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Dumb & Dumber cosigning one another again...
PE, this portion of your post is unacceptable. Please refrain from posting like this again.

I understand other posters do not share your ideas on certain topics, but there is no need for this. This is an official warning.

That's fine, but tag team trolling that's going unchecked is what leads to posts like that. We all know that it's not easy for me to pull my insult trigger until the trolling and disrespect really go too far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: