Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want The Eagles To Take With Top Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do We Take? (Don't worry, all have >32 inch arms)
Geno Smith
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Jarvis Jones
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Star Lotulelei
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
Manti Te'o
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Luke Joeckel
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Johnathan Hankins
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Damontre Moore
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
DeMarcus Milliner
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Barkevious Mingo
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Bjoern Werner
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Matt Barkley
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Taylor Lewman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keenan Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dion Jordan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Chance Warmack
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Rang from NFL Draftscout and CBS sports have Joeckel #1 and Matthews #7 on his big board

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Matthews might go second round...

Yea, I've always seen him projected late first/early second...his name and skill will get him into the first....overall athleticism at the combine will keep him in the back third of the first round of the draft. I'd be comfortable taking him anywhere after say pick 13 though.

I have no idea where you have been looking then. The most commonly used draft sites by the average fan at this point in the year are walterfootball and nfldraftscout. Neither of those have had him close to "early second" since the season started. Both have had him as a top 25 pick.

Picks 20-25 are the back third so I'm agreeing with them, and back to my original point I said we had to trade back into the first to get him.

I've seen him picked anywhere from #20 to #36

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Yea, I've always seen him projected late first/early second...his name and skill will get him into the first....overall athleticism at the combine will keep him in the back third of the first round of the draft. I'd be comfortable taking him anywhere after say pick 13 though.

I have no idea where you have been looking then. The most commonly used draft sites by the average fan at this point in the year are walterfootball and nfldraftscout. Neither of those have had him close to "early second" since the season started. Both have had him as a top 25 pick.

Picks 20-25 are the back third so I'm agreeing with them, and back to my original point I said we had to trade back into the first to get him.

Those websites do not determine a player's stock. They determine what the owners of those websites think. There are plenty of credible websites that don't have Matthews as a 1st round pick. Profootballweekly has Geno Smith as a 3rd-4th round pick while NFLdraftscout fluctuates between having him as the #1 overall pick this week then somewhere in the top 5 the next week. GTFOH! I just looked, Geno Smith is the #1 QB, but in the top 10 overall on cbsdraftscout. Last year Cbsdraftscout at one point had B.J. Cunningham as a 2nd round pick. Well he went undrafted and is now on the Eagles practice squad. The travesty is when people act like CBsdraftscout doesn't change like the damn stock market. Rolling Eyes
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

Those websites do not determine a player's stock. They determine what the owners of those websites think. There are plenty of credible websites that don't have Matthews as a 1st round pick. Profootballweekly has Geno Smith as a 3rd-4th round pick while NFLdraftscout fluctuates between having him as the #1 overall pick this week then somewhere in the top 5 the next week. GTFOH! I just looked, Geno Smith is the #1 QB, but in the top 10 overall on cbsdraftscout. Last year Cbsdraftscout at one point had B.J. Cunningham as a 2nd round pick. Well he went undrafted and is now on the Eagles practice squad. The travesty is when people act like CBsdraftscout doesn't change like the damn stock market. Rolling Eyes

Ok....? Not sure your point PE.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PE is implicitly telling you to get your rankings from his website

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch Jake Matthews, he's pretty clearly not lasting until the 2nd round barring some unforeseen complication. Comparable to Jake Long. Big, tough technician with underrated athleticism. Jake Matthews has impeccable fundamentals. And unlike Jake Long, you could plug Matthews in a LT, LG, RG or RT from day one. He's athletic, he's polished, he's experienced, he's got incredible pedigree and he's versatile. Not making it to the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
^^^Very true, but the chances of getting a star player are much higher if you're picking in the top 10.

Meh, the Eagles have a 50/50 shot at picking a bust.
Last 31 1st round selections (thru 1974) by the numbers:

2 - Donovan McNabb ***
4 - Kenny Jackson *

6 - Cory Simon **
7 - Mike Mamula *
8 - Antone Davis
8 - Michael Haddix *
9 - Jerome Brown ***
9 - Kevin Allen
10 - Keith Byars **

11 - Tra Thomas ***
12 - Fletcher Cox **
13 - Brandon Graham *
13 - Keith Jackson ***
14 - Brodrick Bunkley *
14 - Bernard Williams
15 - Jerome McDougle

16 - Shawn Andrews ***
19 - Jeremy Maclin **
19 - Lester Holmes

20 - Mike Quick *** (But, they really wanted Perry Tuttle. lol)
21 - Jerry Robinson ***
22 - Ben Smith **
23 - Danny Watkins
23 - Roynell Young ***
24 - Leonard Renfro
25 - Freddie Mitchell
25 - Jon Harris

25 - Jermaine Mayberry **
26 - Lito Sheppard **
27 - Leonard Mitchell

31 - Mike Patterson **

The Eagles have had multiple 1st round picks just once since 1973.
In 1993 they took Holmes and Renfro. (sounds like a detective show)
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Watch Jake Matthews, he's pretty clearly not lasting until the 2nd round barring some unforeseen complication. Comparable to Jake Long. Big, tough technician with underrated athleticism. Jake Matthews has impeccable fundamentals. And unlike Jake Long, you could plug Matthews in a LT, LG, RG or RT from day one. He's athletic, he's polished, he's experienced, he's got incredible pedigree and he's versatile. Not making it to the 2nd round.

Have a look at the A&M vs Texas game from last year. He and Okafor went at it all game, it was a real good battle and Matthews came up on top.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

No, make your own informed determinations at least until after the combine and pro days. Bruce Campbell was a "1st round pick" and even blew up the combine but still went in the 4th round. Trying to brow beat people into following the current whimsical rankings of draftnik websites is absolutely absurd. The guys that run those websites aren't actual NFL scouts.
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

No, make your own informed determinations at least until after the combine and pro days. Bruce Campbell was a "1st round pick" and even blew up the combine but still went in the 4th round. Trying to brow beat people into following the current whimsical rankings of draftnik websites is absolutely absurd. The guys that run those websites aren't actual NFL scouts.

Woah. PE said something smart.

BTW PE, I enjoyed your ham fisted logic comment, I giggled.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
PowerElite wrote:

@kilty - Except you're not. What you said implied a borderline 1st/second rounder. I have yet to see him projected anywhere near round 2.

@PE - You completely missed the point. Noone came close to mentioning anything about anyone "determining" anything. We were speaking of where he is being projected to be drafted. A distinct difference. Those sites that I mentioned happen to be, by far, the most commonly cited/used at this time of the year (regardless of the quality of their projections).

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ Cunningham Went in the 6th, PE's argument died with that.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Instead, I'm hoping we sign someone like Alex Smith or Tarvaris Jackson to have a craptacular competition with Nick Foles

Lets just pay John Beck to do us as he did the Redskins.

What does a semi competent vet QB get you? An underwhelming season and the #10 pick. You wont get any cant-miss franchise QBs with that. Just pick up some scrub, say you loved him coming out of college, and hand out tissues before each game.

Hey, maybe we can bring in Curtis Painter as well.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Barkley but I like what I saw from Foles today. If we stick with Foles next season then I wouldn't mind a trade down similar to the Rams last year where they picked up a lot of picks in the early rounds, especially given how deep this draft looks at a lot of positions.

Kiltman on the sig
oland11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade down into the mid-1st and take Baby face Matthews and then with our surplus of 2nd rounders, we'll take Matt Elam or Adam Vaccarro, ill be happy with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: