Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Some legitimate feedback

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Some legitimate feedback Reply with quote

I'll start by saying this will be my final post on this website.

I was just in the NFL News Forum, looking at the thread about the tragedy at the Kansas City Chiefs facility, and was appalled to find that the thread had been locked, and to be updated by mods only....for apparently no reason whatsoever, unless one considers differing opinions over sensitive topics a legitimate reason.

I have held my tongue many times in the nearly 3 years I've been here, but that was the straw that broke the camels back. The moderation, rules, or whatever you want to call it on this site are ridiculously too strict; And, to be honest, severely limit what should otherwise be engaging discussion. If people are not allowed to get riled up over topics that will undoubtedly rile people up, then you may as well just limit posting on this site to ages 12 and under, because that's exactly what it feels like. The vast majority of us are adults, we can handle it.

With this being my final post, I would just like to say that if the webmaster and moderators actually care about the continued growth and improvement of this site, they should, without a doubt, look into easing up on the ridiculously strict rules and allow some decent, meaningful discussion to take place between members without jumping in on every last whim.

Thank you. You can do with this post, and this account, as you please.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That topic wasn't locked because of 'differing opinions'. It was locked because members were insulting each other over those opinions.

This forum is different then the typical internet community. We do enforce our rules and keep members from insulting other. Sometimes that means a controversial topic is quickly locked. But it also means that members have a safe place to discuss football that is free from insults and attacks that are so common everywhere else.

If you decide to return to the forum and have more questions or comments about the moderation, please use the PM feature to contact a moderator.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: