Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Panthers draft.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbegley8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: 2013 Panthers draft..... Reply with quote

I know most of us Panther fans would love to have the Panthers draft Star Lotulelei, but im not sure if he will be on the board when we pick. I think we will finish out with 6 wins and that means we most likely will be drafting somewhere between picks 7 and 11. And Star will most likely be a top 5 pick.
So if we dont get Star I just wanted to know who you guys would like to draft or should we maybe try and move up to get Star. My top 5 guys I would like to see us take if we dont get Star Lotulelei would be
1. Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
2. Dee Milliner CB Alabama
3. Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St.
4. Jonathan Jenkins DT Georgia
5. trade down and get Keenan Allen WR California
Panthersin12

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing about being in our position is that when you draft defense, it's a lot more "sure fire". Offense can be a lot more hit or miss.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, as soon as I saw th elist, I was under the impression you were going round by round and immediately thinking, "this guy must be crazy if he thinks Jenkins and Hankins fall that far."

Not familiar with Milliner but I don't think corner is a huge, first round need and no need to reach for one just for the sake of (of course, like I said, I don't really know about Milliner all that much so maybe he is that good). I don't want Joeckel but that might be the fan in me not wanting to go with the "unattractive" pick.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Haha, as soon as I saw th elist, I was under the impression you were going round by round and immediately thinking, "this guy must be crazy if he thinks Jenkins and Hankins fall that far."

Not familiar with Milliner but I don't think corner is a huge, first round need and no need to reach for one just for the sake of (of course, like I said, I don't really know about Milliner all that much so maybe he is that good). I don't want Joeckel but that might be the fan in me not wanting to go with the "unattractive" pick.

Milliner would be more of a value pick really. He's a top 10 prospect for sure, great all around corner.

I agree with the list for the most part, I'd flip Milliner and Hankins.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though we all realize what the big needs are, it is a total crapshoot once the new GM is here. We don't know the guy or his tendencies, so there is really no way for us to predict who we would draft in that situation. If we can't get Star ( Crying or Very sad ) then we should definitely get Hankins. Space-eater who has enough moves to get to the quarterback. Haloti Ngata-esque.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner is the one who COULD have had the game sealing interception for Bama last night...oh yea kids very athletic btw wouldn't mind if we grabbed him, any Bama player is almost on an NFL level already
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't see CB as a problem as long as Gamble returns. Free Safety is a huge need.

I think priority with respect to who his on the board is 1. DT, 2. OT, 3. FS, and as much as I hate to say we may need to draft a RB. I'm really not sure that Deangelo is going to be here and with Stewart always hurting his ankles we may need insurance.

The tough decision will be if a top OT prospect is on the board at the same time a top DT prospect is on the board.

Our offensive line could come back to it's dominant form if we can get a LT, eventually move Gross back to RT and have Bell at RG. Amini should be much improved and Bridges would be pretty good depth.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Eddie Lacy is there when we pick in the 2nd round (which he very well could be), I'll have a hard time containing my excitement. I'll have an even harder time containing my disappointment when we don't pick him. Fret and Boonie might have to hold me back.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
If Eddie Lacy is there when we pick in the 2nd round (which he very well could be), I'll have a hard time containing my excitement. I'll have an even harder time containing my disappointment when we don't pick him. Fret and Boonie might have to hold me back.

Not too bad of an idea, I really feel it depends on which way we go in the first round either DT/OT
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After today I change my mind. Joeckel in the first round. DT in the second.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

Not too bad of an idea, I really feel it depends on which way we go in the first round either DT/OT

Its really hard to justify a RB and ignore 2 of DT, OT, and FS. I just love the way Lacy runs, I think he's the best RB in the draft.
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Defense, and O lineman. In my opinion, that should really be the only focus in the draft.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
We need Defense, and O lineman. In my opinion, that should really be the only focus in the draft.

Agreed. Potentially a WR or RB if the value is there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:

I definitely wouldn't mind a Tavon Austin if it's good value.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
Catz Pajamaz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:

Running back? You have running back as a higher need than free safety or right guard?

These days you can just plug in any running back with a good o-line and have success.

We need to be looking for a free safety, whether we luck out on Jarius Byrd or we draft one in the second.

P90 on the signature

Gladiator420 wrote:
I have a super boner for Beason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: