Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock That's Rockin Socks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Mock That's Rockin Socks Reply with quote

Eagles finish 4-12 and Andy Reid, along with the entire coaching staff, are fired.

Howie Roseman resigns as GM and is hired as Vice President of Football Operations. He will be in charge of all the team finances: player conracts, salaries, etc.

New General Manager: Nick Casserio

Head Coach: Mike McCoy

Offensive Coordinator: Norv Turner

Defensive Coordinator: Ron Rivera

Cuts/Not Resigned
Michael Vick
Demetress Bell
Colt Anderson
Darryl Tapp
Mike Patterson
Greg Salas
Derek Landri
Cullen Jenkins
Ryan Rau
Stanley Havili
David Sims

Paycuts

Jason Peters takes a $3 million paycut this season

Resignings

LS Jon Dorenbos 1 yr/$600k

LB Akeem Jordan 2 yrs/$1.4 million

OT King Dunlap 1 yr/$1 million

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 5 yrs/$45 million

Free Agents/Trades

S William Moore 5 yrs/$34 million

LB Rolando McClain 1 yr/$1.8 million

DT Alan Branch 3 yrs/$10 million

QB Jason Campbell 1 yr/$1.3 million

Nnamdi Asomaghu and a 7th round pick are traded to Baltimore for a 5th round pick

NFL Draft

*The 4th overall pick is traded to Tennessee for the 9th overall pick, a 2nd round pick, a 4th round pick, and a 2014 2nd round pick

Round 1 (9 via Ten): Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon 6'7 241 lbs

-Some say he is the JPP of this class. Jordan is probably the biggest freak athlete in this class. He is best suited as a 4-3 DE, but he could play OLB in a 3-4 as well. At 9th overall, we get a steal as he will be the next elite pass rusher in the league with the likes of Aldon Smith, Von Miller, and JJ Watt.

*The 36th overall pick and a 4th round pick are traded to New England for the 28th overall pick

Round 1 (28 via NE): Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan 6'7 305 lbs

-Fisher reminds a lot of people of Jake Long. We move up to the late first round to get a stud offensive tackle and our LT of the future.

Round 2 (9 via Ten): Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech 6'3 206 lbs

-Rogers is the most popular pick at receiver for Eagles fans in this draft. At 6'3, he is an extremely physical receiver who often makes highlight reel catches. He is the best WR talent in this class, in my opinion, but off the field issues allow us to get him with the 42nd pick.

Round 3 (4): Joseph Fauria TE UCLA 6'7 255 lbs

-With Fauria, we get another massive freak athlete. These athletic pass catching tight ends are running wild in the NFL and most of the contenders have their own. With Fauria, we get one finally. Fauria can line up in the slot and he gives us another red zone weapon along with Rogers and Cooper and should improve our red zone offense from a weakness to a strength.

Round 4 (9 via Ten): Leon McFadden CB San Diego State 5'10 190 lbs

-Due to the school he goes to, McFadden hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves as a CB. However, he is one of the better pure cover corners in the league. Reminds me a bit of Sam Shields. Was a former receiver and is very quick.

Round 5 (9): Kwame Geathers DT Georgia 6'6 355 lbs

-Geathers is a mountain of a person. He will make a great nose tackle in the NFL. Some say he is more fit as a 3-4 nose tackle, but he can play in either scheme. He will be an excellent addition to Rivera's defense and will make it very hard for teams to run against us.

Round 5 (26 via Bal): Blaize Foltz G TCU 6'4 310 lbs

-We get great value here in the 5th with Foltz. He is a solid guard who should take over as a starter in a year or two for Mathis.

Round 6 (4): Phillip Thomas S Fresno State 6'1 215 lbs

-We go BPA here with our last pick and Thomas falls into out lap. He is a big time playmaker at safety. He is big and physical and can play in the box as well. I think he will steal the starting FS job from Nate Allen eventually. He and Moore could give us one of the best S duos in the NFL.

Depth Chart

QB: Nick Foles / Jason Campbell / Trent Edwards
HB: LeSean McCoy / Bryce Brown / Chris Polk / Dion Lewis
TE: Brent Celek / Joseph Fauria / Clay Harbor
WR: DeSean Jackson / Riley Cooper
WR: Da'Rick Rogers / Jason Avant
WR: Jeremy Maclin / Damaris Johnson
LT: Jason Peters / King Dunlap
LG: Evan Mathis / Blaize Foltz
C: Jason Kelce / Dallas Reynolds
RG: Todd Herremans / Danny Watkins
RT: Eric Fisher / Dennis Kelly

DE: Brandon Graham / Vinny Curry
DT: Alan Branch / Kwame Geathers
DT: Fletcher Cox / Cedric Thornton
DE: Dion Jordan / Trent Cole / Phillip Hunt
SLB: Rolando McClain / Jamar Chaney
MLB: DeMeco Ryans / Casey Matthews
WLB: Mychal Kendricks / Akeem Jordan
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie / Curtis Marsh
FS: Nate Allen / Phillip Thomas
SS: William Moore / Kurt Coleman
CB: Brandon Boykin / Brandon Hughes
Nickel CB: Leon McFadden

LS: Jon Dorenbos
K: Alex Henery
P: Mat McBriar

*Bold: New Player

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Last edited by baconrad3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things - Phillip Thomas is not a late round selection, and that's not the Phillip Thomas from Fresno State.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Two things - Phillip Thomas is not a late round selection, and that's not the Phillip Thomas from Fresno State.

Agreed. I'm split on going OL early on.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Two things-

Thanks for the great input

and

Multiple draft sites say otherwise (in regards to him being a late rounder). I don't know what round every player is going to go in, so for some I have to look up where theyre projected to go. Multiple sites have him as a 5th-6th rounder.

Last edited by baconrad3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Agreed. I'm split on going OL early on.

If we don't sign any decent lineman in FA (which in this mock we don't) then taking a tackle in the first two rounds is pretty important. Or else we're rolling with Herremans at RT (he'd be better at G) and either Jake Scott or Fireman at RG.....Also we'd basically have the oldest starting OL in the league....so injuries could be inevitable.

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan needs 20-25 pounds to be a 3-4 OLB, 40-45 pounds more if he wants to be a 4-3 End. At least he seems to have the frame to do so.

Right now he has no business as an NFL 4-3 end.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion doesn't even play 43 DE at Oregon. CBSsportsline has him listed as a DE. This reminds me of how they had Earl Thomas listed as a CB. They do some strange things, typical for a draftnik website...
fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Dunlap is as good as gone. He's been absolutely horrendous and I don't see there being any chance he sticks around between drafting a left tackle and Peters coming back. And if he did, it'd be for the vet minimum

I don't see McClain happening. With a new coach coming in, they're not going to bring in a guy who was problem out in Oakland.

Asomugha won't be traded. He's owed too much money and I think most people know he'll be cut this offseason.

I like Jordan. Obviously he needs to put on some weight but he's got unprecedented athleticism. Doesn't look that quick at first glance but you don't realize how much ground he's covering per stride. My only issue is that he's a project. He's a smart guy and a great athlete so I don't see him making too many mistakes but at the NFL level he'll need some size in order to get to the quarterback because he doesn't have too many moves right now. But he moves well in space, contains well against the run and screen, and he uses his arms very well.

Don't know too much about Fisher but I agree with a first-round necessity for a tackle.

Don't know too much about Rogers or his past

I like the Fauria pick

I think one of Maclin or Jackson will be gone this year as well, especially if we were to spend that high of a pick on a receiver and with the emergence of Riley Cooper this season.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40-45? Isn't he like 240 now? 25-30 should do fine, even with him being super tall.

Regardless Philip Thomas had 8 INT's and 6 FF's on the year, and he led his teams in tackles, he do some things well but struggle abit with inconsistency, but no way he get's past round 3.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Dion doesn't even play 43 DE at Oregon. CBSsportsline has him listed as a DE. This reminds me of how they had Earl Thomas listed as a CB. They do some strange things, typical for a draftnik website...

Ick...CBS draft site sucks.

He is most likely going to play DE in the NFL....I don't see him much as an OLB in a 3-4.

He needs to add some weight, but that isn't that big of an issue. He's a freak athlete...

He doesn't need to add 40 lbs....he can add like 20 and be fine.

He'd be at 6'7 and around 270 lbs.....that's fine size for a DE especially one with the athleticism he has

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going with a pass rusher, I'd rather see us take Montgomery[not at 9], or Bjoern Werner; I also believe Keenan Allen would be a good selection there as well.

The only place Kwame Geather belongs[or where he fits the best, to be more correct] is at NT in a 3-4 defense.

I'd like to see us draft a safety earlier then what you have, though I believe Thomas is a 3rd/4th round pick, and also draft a SLB prospect, because Rolando McClain isn't[or hasn't] been very good.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Jordan needs 20-25 pounds to be a 3-4 OLB, 40-45 pounds more if he wants to be a 4-3 End. At least he seems to have the frame to do so.

Right now he has no business as an NFL 4-3 end.

Disagree, most NFL 43 ends are listed anywhere from 255-270 so realistically he only needs to gain about 15-20 pounds to get to that spot (listed at 243, add 15 or 20 pounds he's at 258-263, which is exactly what Jevon Kearse played at. Chandler Jones is 260 as well so if he gets to 260 he'll be fine.

PowerElite wrote:

To be fair, Jevon Kearse was in a 2 point stance most of his time at Florida, and went there as a safety, yet played end in the NFL and had 14.5 sacks as a rookie.

That said, if you play him the same way Von Miller is played he could have the same type of impact. He can become the next Kearse or Von Miller, he's that talented.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If we're going with a pass rusher, I'd rather see us take Montgomery[not at 9], or Bjoern Werner; I also believe Keenan Allen would be a good selection there as well.

The only place Kwame Geather belongs[or where he fits the best, to be more correct] is at NT in a 3-4 defense.

I'd like to see us draft a safety earlier then what you have, though I believe Thomas is a 3rd/4th round pick, and also draft a SLB prospect, because Rolando McClain isn't[or hasn't] been very good.

I want Jordan or Ansah if we're going pass rusher....they're going to be the two best out of this class.

I like Werner...but I drafted Jordan because he can play in a 4-3 or 3-4 and Rivera could end up installing a 3-4 defense down the road

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

I want Jordan or Ansah if we're going pass rusher....they're going to be the two best out of this class.

I like Werner...but I drafted Jordan because he can play in a 4-3 or 3-4 and Rivera could end up installing a 3-4 defense down the road

I haven't seen Ansah much, so I don't really comment on him - but, I do like Werner as a pass rusher over Jordan right now. I think if we're thinking 3-4, Barkevious Mingo has to be in consideration, this dude was born to play in a 3-4 role.

If this is a hybrid style draft, then it's alright; but if we're sticking with the 4-3 it's not very good.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

I haven't seen Ansah much, so I don't really comment on him - but, I do like Werner as a pass rusher over Jordan right now. I think if we're thinking 3-4, Barkevious Mingo has to be in consideration, this dude was born to play in a 3-4 role.

If this is a hybrid style draft, then it's alright; but if we're sticking with the 4-3 it's not very good.

It is. Geathers couldn't play in a full time 4-3....he's more of a project pick anyway. If we do end up running a 3-4 all the time in like 2-3 years...he'd be our NT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: