Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UnOfficial Tank For Luke Joeckel Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Joeckel will add a lot to our offensive line and give our new QB some comfort level, I would prefer not to put our eggs in one basket.

This draft is strong in the 20-50 range, so if possible, we should try and gather as many picks in that range as possible.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
If we were to take a LT, I'd much rather jump back into the late first and take Fisher than to waste a top 5 pick on a LT.

I don't think the position of LT is worth a top 5 pick, and we will be getting back Peters, Herremans, and Kelce back to our offensive line. We need depth on the OL, but you don't draft depth in the first round. If Jockel is the BPA trade down with St. Louis or someone else who needs a LT.

I'd dissagree slightly....if there is an elite OL prospect...especially at your QBs blindside you take them....but that's rare to have an Orlando Pace/Jon Ogden type guy come out. Plus we need a starting tackle on top of depth.....Watkins really hasn't proven he will ever amount to much of anything....and we can shift Herremans back to guard where he was one of the NFL's best.

Joeckel is good but no where close to that (an Ogden/Pace prospect)....picking him 8-13 I'd be perfectly fine with....but not sooner.

I disagree here. Basically, I'd rather take Joe Staley and another first rounder than Joe Thomas only.

LT isn't a big enough impact position to justify the difference there. If it were QB thats a different story, but the overall impact of the LT isn't as big as an elite QB. Look no further than the Browns or Dolphins. Both have tried to build around their LT over the past decade and neither team has made the postseason. If you can get a very good player at LT and another very good player it makes more sense than to get a great LT and no other real upgrade.

I kinda agree with EaglesFan5-36-81 here. It doesn't matter how elite your LT is, he can only block one guy. With this year's LT class being really deep - I think 5 guys can go in the first round with another 3 in the mix in the second round, we could either add a playmaker on defense (Star or Moore) and then move around to take a Fisher.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get joeckel will that Make Vick a super stud?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

No, as Vick will be playing in KC/Jacksonville/Buffalo (delete where appropriate)

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

No, as Vick will be playing in KC/Jacksonville/Buffalo (delete where appropriate)

I was takling to BBIB Wink

Lane Johnson from Oklahoma should be avaible in the late first early second go get him to be the future of LT.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

I was takling to BBIB Wink

Lane Johnson from Oklahoma should be avaible in the late first early second go get him to be the future of LT.

Yeh, well he still thinks we can get into the playoffs.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
If we were to take a LT, I'd much rather jump back into the late first and take Fisher than to waste a top 5 pick on a LT.

I don't think the position of LT is worth a top 5 pick, and we will be getting back Peters, Herremans, and Kelce back to our offensive line. We need depth on the OL, but you don't draft depth in the first round. If Jockel is the BPA trade down with St. Louis or someone else who needs a LT.

I'd dissagree slightly....if there is an elite OL prospect...especially at your QBs blindside you take them....but that's rare to have an Orlando Pace/Jon Ogden type guy come out. Plus we need a starting tackle on top of depth.....Watkins really hasn't proven he will ever amount to much of anything....and we can shift Herremans back to guard where he was one of the NFL's best.

Joeckel is good but no where close to that (an Ogden/Pace prospect)....picking him 8-13 I'd be perfectly fine with....but not sooner.

I disagree here. Basically, I'd rather take Joe Staley and another first rounder than Joe Thomas only.

LT isn't a big enough impact position to justify the difference there. If it were QB thats a different story, but the overall impact of the LT isn't as big as an elite QB. Look no further than the Browns or Dolphins. Both have tried to build around their LT over the past decade and neither team has made the postseason. If you can get a very good player at LT and another very good player it makes more sense than to get a great LT and no other real upgrade.

I kinda agree with EaglesFan5-36-81 here. It doesn't matter how elite your LT is, he can only block one guy. With this year's LT class being really deep - I think 5 guys can go in the first round with another 3 in the mix in the second round, we could either add a playmaker on defense (Star or Moore) and then move around to take a Fisher.

True...but when you have an elite guy you don't have to worry about him...,he will be able to handle the NFL's best pass rushers mono e mono....like an elite corner you can leave him on an island by himself.....which then frees up the TE, FB to be more a part of the offense.

I agree none of these guys are that type of prospect, but there have been guys worthy of taking that high for sure....they are just rare.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why couldnt this have been last year when we could have got RGIII

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:

That four game win streak screwed us hard, gave Andy and co another year....dropped our pick from pick 4 to 15. I don't think we would've given up enough to get up to #2 though so I'm fine with the draft pick aspect of it because I would've wanted Fletch after Luck and Griffen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
willy_law wrote:

That four game win streak screwed us hard, gave Andy and co another year....dropped our pick from pick 4 to 15. I don't think we would've given up enough to get up to #2 though so I'm fine with the draft pick aspect of it because I would've wanted Fletch after Luck and Griffen

It still would have put us in the position for a Blackmon, Claiborne or Tannehill

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
willy_law wrote:

It still would have put us in the position for a Blackmon, Claiborne or Tannehill

I know....just thinking back then I would've still wanted Fletch over them. And I'm not sure they've done enough to change my thinking....at least Blackmon and Claiborne haven't.....I really had my doubts about Tannehill but he's been alright....probably best thing to do was trade back if we're at 4 to whoever wanted Trent Richardson.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Lol cox>>> blackmon

Clai would never have been the Pick. Tannehill might have been nice

gator3guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC won. Smile
RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
KC won. Smile

Henne and Quinn be our saviors!

gator3guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
KC won. Smile

Henne and Quinn be our saviors!

KC isn't that bad of a team. They've been hanging in a lot of games lately. They just don't have a QB.

JAX looked good with Henne the last couple of weeks. I don't think the rain helped today.

OAK plays CLE today. Someones got to win...maybe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: