Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UnOfficial Tank For Luke Joeckel Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ra Boogie


Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Posts: 124
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Ra Boogie wrote:
Forget Joeckel..... We need to get Chance Warmack....that dude is an animal and will be the best guard in couple years.....


A guard in the first round?



I guess Shawn Andrews wasn't worth taking??? Considering he didn't last he was the best guard for 3-4 years
_________________


"I perform like Mike anyone, Tyson, Jordan, Jackson...."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 23957
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ra Boogie wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Ra Boogie wrote:
Forget Joeckel..... We need to get Chance Warmack....that dude is an animal and will be the best guard in couple years.....


A guard in the first round?



I guess Shawn Andrews wasn't worth taking??? Considering he didn't last he was the best guard for 3-4 years


If your going to make that assumption one could say a decade plus of Tra Thomas was more effective/important to this Organization then 3-4 years worth of the Big Kid. Just saying. Not that anyone in the draft is guaranteed to be as good or better then either. It's a lot easier to find a OG to plug and play then a bookend OT for the next 10 years.
_________________

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave you guys Luke Joeckel in a mock draft. G or B?

Also gave you S Eric Reid in the second.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 35569
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I gave you guys Luke Joeckel in a mock draft. G or B?

Also gave you S Eric Reid in the second.



Bad the person that started this is a falcons fan.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
green24 wrote:
I gave you guys Luke Joeckel in a mock draft. G or B?

Also gave you S Eric Reid in the second.



Bad the person that started this is a falcons fan.

What if I had the Eagles hiring RAJ? Twisted Evil


Ok. I'll switch it up for the next mock. Reid is a good pick, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 52113
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I gave you guys Luke Joeckel in a mock draft. G or B?

Also gave you S Eric Reid in the second.


Depends who else was there and if trading down was never an option.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
green24 wrote:
I gave you guys Luke Joeckel in a mock draft. G or B?

Also gave you S Eric Reid in the second.


Depends who else was there and if trading down was never an option.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506840

Pick 3. Only Eugene Smith and Star Lotulelei are off the board.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 52113
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Phire wrote:
green24 wrote:
I gave you guys Luke Joeckel in a mock draft. G or B?

Also gave you S Eric Reid in the second.


Depends who else was there and if trading down was never an option.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506840

Pick 3. Only Eugene Smith and Star Lotulelei are off the board.


Hmm, I think the general feel around these parts is either Smith or Star... some still bring up Joeckel's name though.

I don't know, I cringe when I see that top 10. I wish there were more standouts, guess it depends on the combine.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
green24 wrote:
Phire wrote:
green24 wrote:
I gave you guys Luke Joeckel in a mock draft. G or B?

Also gave you S Eric Reid in the second.


Depends who else was there and if trading down was never an option.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506840

Pick 3. Only Eugene Smith and Star Lotulelei are off the board.


Hmm, I think the general feel around these parts is either Smith or Star... some still bring up Joeckel's name though.

I don't know, I cringe when I see that top 10. I wish there were more standouts, guess it depends on the combine.

Yeah. This draft is weak in top-end talent, but has a lot of depth.

Edit: I don't know how to count. It's pick 4 and Damontre Moore is also taken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesFan5-36-81


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 14567
Location: Sky is the limit and Space is the place
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ra Boogie wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Ra Boogie wrote:
Forget Joeckel..... We need to get Chance Warmack....that dude is an animal and will be the best guard in couple years.....


A guard in the first round?



I guess Shawn Andrews wasn't worth taking??? Considering he didn't last he was the best guard for 3-4 years


No, guard is the least important position along the offensive line and literally not even a need right now, as Scott and Mathis are a pretty good duo. Again you don't draft depth in the first round. Especially when you have the holes we have.

And FYI, Andrews was originally drafted as the long term answer at RT since Runyan's contract was set to expire in 2006, but no one could have expected him to sign a low ball contract which he did, keeping Andrews at RG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killdawabbit


Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Posts: 5587
Location: Somewhere you're not.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Ra Boogie wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Ra Boogie wrote:
Forget Joeckel..... We need to get Chance Warmack....that dude is an animal and will be the best guard in couple years.....


A guard in the first round?



I guess Shawn Andrews wasn't worth taking??? Considering he didn't last he was the best guard for 3-4 years


No, guard is the least important position along the offensive line and literally not even a need right now, as Scott and Mathis are a pretty good duo. Again you don't draft depth in the first round. Especially when you have the holes we have.

And FYI, Andrews was originally drafted as the long term answer at RT since Runyan's contract was set to expire in 2006, but no one could have expected him to sign a low ball contract which he did, keeping Andrews at RG.


Pretty much. Andrews only played guard because he was too good to keep off the field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gator3guy


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 745
Location: 856
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrews was a stud on the field. Everything else....ehhhh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rock_#5


Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 5585
Location: Chicago-Go Bulls!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gator3guy wrote:
Andrews was a stud on the field. Everything else....ehhhh.


He was getting his Michael Phelps on brahh
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Andrews was a stud on the field. Everything else....ehhhh.


He was getting his Michael Phelps on brahh


Andrews small body of work like those 10 games.He went so HAM. Andrews 10 games is like so GOAT.. Gold Medalist..
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 38678
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock_#5 wrote:
gator3guy wrote:
Andrews was a stud on the field. Everything else....ehhhh.


He was getting his Michael Phelps on brahh


At least Phelps was great in the pool
_________________

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group