Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UnOfficial Tank For Luke Joeckel Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to take a LT, I'd much rather jump back into the late first and take Fisher than to waste a top 5 pick on a LT.

I don't think the position of LT is worth a top 5 pick, and we will be getting back Peters, Herremans, and Kelce back to our offensive line. We need depth on the OL, but you don't draft depth in the first round. If Jockel is the BPA trade down with St. Louis or someone else who needs a LT.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
I love this new trend of labeling threads "official".

Like this is my "official" thread of crud, so it's necessary. Let's keep all things crud in this thread. lol

I love the "Official" tag.

It makes all those unofficial tank for Luke Joeckel threads look so stupid.

Kiltman on the sig
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
If we were to take a LT, I'd much rather jump back into the late first and take Fisher than to waste a top 5 pick on a LT.

I don't think the position of LT is worth a top 5 pick, and we will be getting back Peters, Herremans, and Kelce back to our offensive line. We need depth on the OL, but you don't draft depth in the first round. If Jockel is the BPA trade down with St. Louis or someone else who needs a LT.

I'd dissagree slightly....if there is an elite OL prospect...especially at your QBs blindside you take them....but that's rare to have an Orlando Pace/Jon Ogden type guy come out. Plus we need a starting tackle on top of depth.....Watkins really hasn't proven he will ever amount to much of anything....and we can shift Herremans back to guard where he was one of the NFL's best.

Joeckel is good but no where close to that (an Ogden/Pace prospect)....picking him 8-13 I'd be perfectly fine with....but not sooner.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

Like this is my "official" thread of crud, so it's necessary. Let's keep all things crud in this thread. lol

This is the real one. Keep this ish official.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

I'd dissagree slightly....if there is an elite OL prospect...especially at your QBs blindside you take them....but that's rare to have an Orlando Pace/Jon Ogden type guy come out. Plus we need a starting tackle on top of depth.....Watkins really hasn't proven he will ever amount to much of anything....and we can shift Herremans back to guard where he was one of the NFL's best.

Joeckel is good but no where close to that (an Ogden/Pace prospect)....picking him 8-13 I'd be perfectly fine with....but not sooner.

So you're on board the Jake Matthews train?

And I'd rather take Matthews over Luke if we take Star or Hankins with our 1st pick. Sexual innuendos ftw.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to draft a Star player, if you know what I mean.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

And I'd rather take Matthews over Luke if we take Star or Hankins with our 1st pick. Sexual innuendos ftw.

Please....I brought Jake Matthews to this forum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jroc04 wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:

This is the real one. Keep this ish official.

If I name a thread The Official official __________ thread does That then trump the other official threads...or is a double jeopardy type situation?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
oland11 wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

Please....I brought Jake Matthews to this forum

Bish Please.
gator3guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
We need to draft a Star player, if you know what I mean.

Usually at this point in the year, I have an idea of who I want the team to draft. This year, I have no idea who I want.

No elite QBs. Joeckel is very good, but I'm not sure he's elite. Star and Hankins are good, but I don't value 2 down NTs very highly and the position is pretty deep this year. There's some pretty good pass rushers, but if we stick to the 4-3, they aren't great fits. No elite CBs or Safties. Two very good Guard prospects, but not worth top 10 picks. No elite WR. Surely guys will emerge (I hope) during the pre-draft process, but right now it looks bleak.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

I disagree here. Basically, I'd rather take Joe Staley and another first rounder than Joe Thomas only.

LT isn't a big enough impact position to justify the difference there. If it were QB thats a different story, but the overall impact of the LT isn't as big as an elite QB. Look no further than the Browns or Dolphins. Both have tried to build around their LT over the past decade and neither team has made the postseason. If you can get a very good player at LT and another very good player it makes more sense than to get a great LT and no other real upgrade.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is an official Eagles thread started by a Falcons fan? I'm confused.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
What does Joeckel do especially well?

Pass block. He's a Joe Thomas clone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Joeckel will add a lot to our offensive line and give our new QB some comfort level, I would prefer not to put our eggs in one basket.

This draft is strong in the 20-50 range, so if possible, we should try and gather as many picks in that range as possible.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Joeckel will add a lot to our offensive line and give our new QB some comfort level, I would prefer not to put our eggs in one basket.

This draft is strong in the 20-50 range, so if possible, we should try and gather as many picks in that range as possible.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: