Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans vs. Texans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

What difference has he made this year?

What are some plays that helped change a game this season?

He had the INT for TD vs Miami, but that was tipped to him, and we were up 14 at that point anyway.

This year????

None...

But last year, when healthy, he was good for forcing a turnover or making some kind of play on the regular.

Vince Young made a difference in 2006, too. Didn't mean anything in 07 and 08.

I'm not worried about what players did the year before. He obviously has promise, but people talk about him like he's the next Ray Lewis. He's a liability in coverage(was last year too), and misses too many tackles in run support.

He's not as good as some want to believe. Not right now, anyway.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Good news is we're moving up in the draft order Very Happy Keep losing Titans!!!

Where are we now about 8th?
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

He had the INT for TD vs Miami, but that was tipped to him, and we were up 14 at that point anyway.

This year????

None...

But last year, when healthy, he was good for forcing a turnover or making some kind of play on the regular.

I'm not worried about what players did the year before. He obviously has promise, but people talk about him like he's the next Ray Lewis. He's a liability in coverage(was last year too), and misses too many tackles in run support.

Well, i'm not in the camp of building our defense around him, just saying I don't think he is a bust or anything. I would research and look to see if a replacement or very very suitable backup is out there..
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

This year????

None...

Well, i'm not in the camp of building our defense around him, just saying I don't think he is a bust or anything. I would research and look to see if a replacement or very very suitable backup is out there..

I agree he's not a bust. Not even close to it.

He's got leadership. That's not something just anyone has.

He can penetrate the d-line, just needs to improve his tackling. And I'm sure with some better technique, can improve his coverage.

I think he can become one of the better MLBs in the league..it's just people are rushing to call him that already.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Good news is we're moving up in the draft order Very Happy Keep losing Titans!!!

Where are we now about 8th?

Not sure.

Chiefs are now 2-10
Jags are 2-10
Panthers are 3-9
Eagles are 3-8(play 2nite against Dallas)
Chargers are 4-7 and losing now
Lions are 4-8
Cards are 4-8
Bills are 5-7
Jets are 5-7
Rams are 5-6-1

Browns and Raiders are 3-8 playing now. I'm praying we can lose out and get Star somehow.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys not understand what else losing out means for the team outside of getting a higher draft pick? It would mean the young players on our team showing little or nothing...hoping we lose out is hoping the entire team sucks the rest of the year.
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

And really that's all that matters! Laughing

TitanLegend wrote:
Do you guys not understand what else losing out means for the team outside of getting a higher draft pick? It would mean the young players on our team showing little or nothing...hoping we lose out is hoping the entire team sucks the rest of the year.

No one has showed me anything to make me think anyone on this team will be a star. And we have sucked the whole year so whats a couple more games to actually get better for next year Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

How? Some younger players are playing good but it's not enough. Losing out means we get a higher pick and coaches are most likely gone. Both a plus bc we need a game changer on the D-Line.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense showed well today; wish we had blitzed a little bit more, but this was an excellent game for them against one of the top offenses in the league. Special kudos go to Tim Shaw for filling in admirably with McCarthy out.

Offense wise, it was a big disappointment, but with some big glimmers of hope. Cook finally got involved, and made big plays when he got the chance. Sucks that his big catch and run got called by because of Matthews- he looked beastly on that play, carrying 4 defenders all the way down to the 3.

Our gameplan was not good to start, that seems to be a common theme. But I'll give some leeway since Doggains has to work off of Palmer's work. I do want to point out that Doggains did the best job of adapting we've seen all season- it was night and day between the first half and second half. If PI gets called on Cook's catch right near the endzone (which it should have been), or Wright catches one of the two balls he clearly should have, this could have been a lot different.

Locker seems to be like a grinder runningback- the more he throws, the better he plays. I was honestly impressed by his performance. All his ints came off plays that aren't really his fault (though he should pump fake a lot more against the Texans). Not a single pass was truly awful. A few of them, like the slot pass to Cook in the 4th, were Manning-esque. He showed big time grit and a Steve McNair like quality- big runs (and one called back because of Matthews) and carried this team on his shoulders in the second half. I think this is the game we look back on and say as Locker's true beginning.

Britt was great on those deep passes; he's got dropsies going on in the short game, which says to me that he's still afraid of contact. I don't know if that will be fixed, but if it does, he can be a deadly weapon again. Wright was just awful, no doubt about it. But he's a rookie, and that happens. It still gives me a lot of concern though- running the wrong routes and failing to separate is one thing, but dropsies is another. He seems to have a problem with contact too.

I see a lot of hope from this game guys. If our offense can actually catch the damn ball, and we can stop having fluky turnovers, we can really be deadly. Of course, I've been saying that all damn year. At least Loggains looked marginally better than Palmer. Let's see how the rest of his season goes.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TitanInsider ‏@TitanInsider247

Right now the #Titans would have no better than 7th pick in the NFL Draft. Might be lower than that depending on tiebreak with Lions, Cards
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much sums up the offensive performance...

Quote:
Terry McCormick ‏@terrymc13
The way he was running for his life and having passes dropped, Jake Locker must have felt like he was back at the University of Washington.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also cant forget the horrible game that Reynard had....
lauder73

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at this team it is hard to count how many things need to be improved. We need more talent in the backfield, o line help, d line help just to start. I don't know this teams identity anymore and I believe it is a organizational problem from the GM down to coaching. Have not been overly impressed with our drafting for years. Seems like other teams hit on there picks more often in the first round and find the odd gem in the later rounds. I am frustrated and want to see this team win and be relevant in thie league. I have been a fan since I started watching the NFL in 1994,having a son here in a couple months and I'm scared to make him a Titan fan... Almost seems like child abuse Shocked . Anyway just think we need to start from scratch and make this a team to fear in the NFL
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is just bad. The QB has shown no improvement since his junior year of college, the RB can't hold onto the ball, the WRs have talent but are incredibly inconsistent, the O-Line is average, the D-Line can't get any pressure unless they play Jacksonville, the LBs have potential but are only average, McCourty-Verner is a solid duo but the rest of the CBs suck, and the safeties are awful.

I still don't get how this team won 4 games.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even that pessimistic about the team. I think the players are fine and they're fighting hard, but I do think a change in leadership is needed. We need a new d-coordinator and possibly head-coach. We also need some more leaders on the defensive side of the ball. If we can go through another solid draft, get a couple key FA's hopefully on the defensive side of the ball, we can get right back into the playoff hunt next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: