Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KG's Too Early Offseason...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: KG's Too Early Offseason... Reply with quote

This is my 1st installment of many. Not gonna get into our cuts/resigns yet, still too early in the process IMO...

Key FA Signings:

FS Louis Delmas (5'11 / 205) – Lions

- He’s a playmaker, simply put. He’ll always have a beat on the action…

TE Fred Davis (6'4 / 249) - Redskins

- Vertical threat from the TE spot, can also work the middle of the field. Sam’s new BFF…

NFL Draft:

1. OT Jake Matthews (6'5 / 311) - Texas A&M

- Best OT in this stacked class. Could play LT if needed, has the potential to be an All-Pro RT from get-go. His NFL bloodline is ridiculous…

1. DT Sheldon Richardson (6'3 / 297) – Mizzou

- This pick makes too much sense. Fisher loves DT’s that can wreak havoc in the backfield. Richardson is a beast at this…

2. WR Cordarrelle Patterson (6'3 / 205) – Tennessee

- Immense play-making ability. He is lethal after the catch. He can be lined up all over the field, think a bigger Percy Harvin…

* Rams trade 2013 3rd for a 2013 later 3rd and 6th

3. CB Will Davis (6'0 / 193) - Utah St.

-This guy is so under the radar it’s almost criminal. Excellent size and athleticism, he’s just starting to tap his potential.

4. SS Philip Thomas (6'1 / 215) - Fresno St.

- He’s been crazy productive, he’s more than just your typical in-the-box type. Don’t get it confused though, he can lay the wood…

5. OG Travis Bond (6'6 / 339) - North Carolina

- Big bodied, power OG. He’ll give us some depth, or challenge Rok Watkins for the LG spot…

6. OLB Michael Mauti (6'2 / 235) - Penn St.

- Another from LB’er University. Can’t go wrong here, he’ll at least contribute on Special Teams…

6. RB Michael Dyer (5'9 / 212) - Arkansas Baptist

- One of the best RBs in this class from a talent standpoint. He’s had off-field issues, but we can take a chance late…

7. TE Travis Kelce (6'5 / 255) - Cincinnati

- Brother of Eagles C Jason Kelce. Decent all around TE, has a chance to make the roster…
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9410
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas is one of my favorite prospects. I think he could go higher than that come draft day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Thomas is one of my favorite prospects. I think he could go higher than that come draft day.


Definitely a chance to go higher, his production has been off the charts...

This is a deep safety class though and I think Thomas will be relegated to a SS at the next level. That could keep him from moving up boards too far...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nodefense


Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 569
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1a ) OT, Jake Matthews Texas A & M

1b ) WR, Kennan Allen, Cal

2 ) FS, Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma

3 ) OLB, John Bostic, Florida

4 ) SS, Phillip Thomas, Fresno St

5 ) WR, Kenny Stills, Oklahoma

6 ) RB, Jonathan Franklin , UCLA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44098
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delmas sucks.. Mad overrated injury prone player.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DerekBrink


Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 378
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA Signings

Mike Wallace WR- Wallace, Givens, Amendola and Quick would be a very solid corps and I'd rather have a vet who immediately contributes than a rookie who won't contribute much at all next year

Jairus Byrd S- would be a huge upgrade at Safety. Bills are trying to keep him though

Players to resign
Danny Amendola Wr

Rob Turner- even if it's not as a starter he's done a great job filling in at guard and center

Draft

1. Tyler Eifert TE
1. Jake Matthews RT
2. Tony Jefferson FS
3. Stepfan Taylor RB


Not going to pretend I have any idea what will go down rounds 4-7. If we can not sign Wallace I would love to grab Patterson in the 2nd round. He's a great athlete and a playmaker for sure. I also like Justin Hunter as a 2nd round option if we don't sign a WR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
FA Signings

Mike Wallace WR- Wallace, Givens, Amendola and Quick would be a very solid corps and I'd rather have a vet who immediately contributes than a rookie who won't contribute much at all next year

Jairus Byrd S- would be a huge upgrade at Safety. Bills are trying to keep him though

Players to resign
Danny Amendola Wr

Rob Turner- even if it's not as a starter he's done a great job filling in at guard and center

Draft

1. Tyler Eifert TE
1. Jake Matthews RT
2. Tony Jefferson FS
3. Stepfan Taylor RB


Not going to pretend I have any idea what will go down rounds 4-7. If we can not sign Wallace I would love to grab Patterson in the 2nd round. He's a great athlete and a playmaker for sure. I also like Justin Hunter as a 2nd round option if we don't sign a WR.


Yeah that draft sucks - lol. Anyways, I love your mock. Not a fan of Fred Davis, I think Kendricks is coming along and will be a nice target all day. Boy oh boy would our D line be so dirty. I'm not too up on mocking though when we are still technically in the hunt for the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyer and in a related matter Mathieu are both players I could see the Rams taking in the draft. Fisher trusts his ability to mold young players with issues. He trusted himself last season with both Jenkins and Johnson in the draft, both who had immense talent but a lot of off field issues.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Delmas sucks.. Mad overrated injury prone player.


He has struggled with injuries the last two seasons, no doubt about it....

However, to say he sucks is questionable. He's a pretty good safety when he's on the field. An immense upgrade over anything we have...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
Anyways, I love your mock. Not a fan of Fred Davis, I think Kendricks is coming along and will be a nice target all day. Boy oh boy would our D line be so dirty. I'm not too up on mocking though when we are still technically in the hunt for the playoffs.


I'm not advocating replacing Kendricks. Love what he does as a blocker, he is a beast. I don't see him developing into the play-maker n the passing game we thought though...

I'd continue to use Kendricks in an H-Back/hybrid FB role out of the backfield, while bringing in Davis to be the receiving option...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Dyer and in a related matter Mathieu are both players I could see the Rams taking in the draft. Fisher trusts his ability to mold young players with issues. He trusted himself last season with both Jenkins and Johnson in the draft, both who had immense talent but a lot of off field issues.


Agreed, I think Dyer could be a steal in the late rounds if he ends up with the right mentor/coach...

Dude has mad talent...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodefense and DerekBrink please do not hijack my personal draft simply to post your own version. Defeats the whole purpose of feedback...

It's pretty simple to hit "post new topic" and create your own on the main thread...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44098
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on that Richard DT?

Do you think we have that luxury? We have both Brockers and

Langford. Some depth would be nice though.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9786
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
What are your thoughts on that Richard DT?

Do you think we have that luxury? We have both Brockers and

Langford. Some depth would be nice though.


I don't see it as a luxury pick, he very well could be the BPA in that spot...

Richardson is an elite talent, 2nd best DT behind Star (who will be a top 3 pick). Richardson lives in the opponents backfield, he's exactly the type of DT that is hard to come by...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1350
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
What are your thoughts on that Richard DT?

Do you think we have that luxury? We have both Brockers and

Langford. Some depth would be nice though.


I don't see it as a luxury pick, he very well could be the BPA in that spot...

Richardson is an elite talent, 2nd best DT behind Star (who will be a top 3 pick). Richardson lives in the opponents backfield, he's exactly the type of DT that is hard to come by...


I think Richardson will end up being a top 10 pick by the end of the draft process. Only thing that I think could hurt his stock is the wonderlic test. It was fun to watch him dominate at Mizzou for the short time that he did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group