Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hartline & Bess are on pace for 1,000 yd seasons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with Hartline and Bess as a Number 2 and 3....both are dependable, have good hands, and run good routes. Clay is a nice option....the problem is there is no definitive position for him, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute.

The Dolphins still need a Receiver that opposing teams will specifically game plan for....(lets move on from Marshall, he's gone....live with it) and a tight end that can own the middle of the field and end zone. These may not be address in one off season, but in order for Tannehill to be the QB the team thinks he can be, he's going to need weapons.

Hartline and Bess have a place on this team and could have an even bigger impact with players that will draw attention away from them and allow them to be matched up with opponents nickle or safety. Its all about match ups and right now Hartline is working against teams best CB...imagine if he were going against the teams #2 consistently.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 2 games remaining

Hartline - 1002 yards

Bess has 778. If he misses another game with his back injury, he probably won't get there.

Last edited by freak_of_nature on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I have no problem with Hartline and Bess as a Number 2 and 3....both are dependable, have good hands, and run good routes. Clay is a nice option....the problem is there is no definitive position for him, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute.

The Dolphins still need a Receiver that opposing teams will specifically game plan for....(lets move on from Marshall, he's gone....live with it) and a tight end that can own the middle of the field and end zone. These may not be address in one off season, but in order for Tannehill to be the QB the team thinks he can be, he's going to need weapons.

Hartline and Bess have a place on this team and could have an even bigger impact with players that will draw attention away from them and allow them to be matched up with opponents nickle or safety. Its all about match ups and right now Hartline is working against teams best CB...imagine if he were going against the teams #2 consistently.

I completely agree. Hartline and Bess would be really good as number two/three receivers respectively. We just need a legitimate number one wide receiver to displace these two.

One thing I look at as being a mistake is the balance of the offensive skill players on the roster.

We have effectively only been carrying four healthy WRs (Hartline, Bess, Moore, Matthews with Binns added when Bess got hurt). It doesn't work, there needs to be five or six.

I would be much happier going to next season with a wide receiving corps of:
1. High draft pick (one of Hunter, Williams or Allen) or a FA (Bowe?) - Ideally looking for some that is 6'3 220lb with low 4.5 type speed.
2. Hartline
3. Bess
4. Rd 3-5 draft pick (Bailey, Boyce, Wheaton)/FA - someone with legitimate speed (Honestly if you offered me a Ginn clone and we could take him in the fourth I probably would take him)
5. Binns/Matthews
6. Moore

^ Jamison on the sig.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I completely agree. Hartline and Bess would be really good as number two/three receivers respectively. We just need a legitimate number one wide receiver to displace these two.

One thing I look at as being a mistake is the balance of the offensive skill players on the roster.

We have effectively only been carrying four healthy WRs (Hartline, Bess, Moore, Matthews with Binns added when Bess got hurt). It doesn't work, there needs to be five or six.

1. High draft pick (one of Hunter, Williams or Allen) or a FA (Bowe?) - Ideally looking for some that is 6'3 220lb with low 4.5 type speed.
2. Hartline
3. Bess
4. Rd 3-5 draft pick (Bailey, Boyce, Wheaton)/FA - someone with legitimate speed (Honestly if you offered me a Ginn clone and we could take him in the fourth I probably would take him)
5. Binns/Matthews
6. Moore
This draft class is loaded with 2nd round WR but i really do like stedman bailey in round 3.. call me crazy but i see a little steve smith in him.
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ that's precisely who he reminds me of. Goes up after the ball rather than waiting for it to come down, tough for a short guy and looks to have decent hands.

^ Jamison on the sig.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartline only 8th Phin in history to go over 1,000 receiving yards.. hmmm interesting
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
Hartline only 8th Phin in history to go over 1,000 receiving yards.. hmmm interesting

Marshall, Chambers, Duper, Clayton, Warfield, McDuffie and ?

^ Jamison on the sig.
patdt13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:

Irving Fryar

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
daniel3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're only 1 of 2 receivers on a team, you should get 1000 yards Sad.
daniel3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
1. Dwayne Bowe
2. Hartline
3. High draft pick (one of Hunter, Williams or Allen)
4. Bess
5. Binns/Matthews
6. Moore

Fixed!
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel3 wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
1. Dwayne Bowe
2. Hartline
3. High draft pick (one of Hunter, Williams or Allen)
4. Bess
5. Binns/Matthews
6. Moore

Fixed!

We've discussed Bowe before on this board and while most like his skill set it does seem like Philbin prefers not to deal with players that have had off the field issues....I think Jennings is a more likely possibility....

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daniel3 wrote:
When you're only 1 of 2 receivers on a team, you should get 1000 yards Sad.

Word!
joeyL.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id take both WVUs receivers.

Tavon in the first, Stedman in the third. Pass rusher in the second.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdt13 wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
PhinFan52 wrote:

Irving Fryar

Warfield never reached 1000 with the Phins. Last one is Tony Martin. Had to look it up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a little over 50 yards Hartline could end up in the top 10 in yards for a season on the Dolphins...

By the way....does anyone else find themselves going to Pro-football-reference.com more and more?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: