Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hartline & Bess are on pace for 1,000 yd seasons
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Hartline & Bess are on pace for 1,000 yd seasons Reply with quote

Just something to watch for.

Bess: 715
Hartline: 807

Next most is Fasano with a blistering 210 receiving yards this season.

The last time Miami had two 1,000+ yard receivers was in 1991 with Clayton/Duper, who did it 3 times.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show that we have nothing anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most consistently good teams like the Falcons, Patriots, NO, 49ers, SD(sometimes) and Houston all have a TE in the passing game that is one of the top 3 in receiving yards. I look at the ability of Charles Clay and wonder where we would be if he played all season like he did last week.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man would it be great for both of them to reach 1,000 yds. I wonder when the last time was that a WR reached 1,000 yds with less than 5 TD's?

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Man would it be great for both of them to reach 1,000 yds. I wonder when the last time was that a WR reached 1,000 yds with less than 5 TD's?

This part got me looking:

Dwayne bowe had 5
Antonio Brown had 2

The rest were over 5. It would be great. It shows the struggle in the passing game though that there wasn't anyone else who stepped up.

Bess needs 57 yards per game to reach 1000
Hartline needs 39 yards per game to reach 1000

I think both are easy for these guys. Hartline is averaging 73 yards\game and Bess is averaging 65.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a WR plays 16 games and averages 62.5 yards per game, he'll reach the 1,000-yard mark. In an era where the schedule has been extended, the rules favor the offensive players and the QBs are encouraged to throw for well over 4,000 yards per year it's not that much of an accomplish anymore to have an offense's 2 primary WRs reach that mark.

That said, it is nice to consider what this proves--that for the first time in awhile, the Dolphins have not only 2 reliable WRs but also a QB good enough to get them there.

It's not a great accomplishment anymore, especially when it appears our WRs are going to be limping across the finish line in the last couple weeks, but it does indicate that we've at least got some stability that we can build from.

Here's a better stat:

Ryan Tannehill is on pace to throw for 3,450 yards. When you consider that he missed the majority of the last Jets game, he should wind up around 3,560.

That's not unbelievable, but it's good to know a rookie came into this offense with no weapons and still did a solid job producing half-way decent numbers. He's only got 7 TDs on the season so it's likely that he'll wind up with either 11 or 12 when it's all over but that's still a solid season for a guy none of us were sure about and who had only a couple season's experience playing QB in college.

I'm more happy about Tannehill's 3,500 yards that I am Hartline or Bess going for 1,000. I feel like Tannehill is the most unproven so if he's having a solid year, that's more important. Bess and Hartline will be able to produce what they've done year-in, year-out. I'm not worried about them! Laughing
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just goes to show that stats mean nothing. Miami attempts more pass plays than I can remember. They should have two receivers with 1000 yards.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
It just goes to show that stats mean nothing. Miami attempts more pass plays than I can remember. They should have two receivers with 1000 yards.

Maybe you should have your memory checked, then. Miami came into this weekend averaging the seventh fewest pass attempts per game in the NFL.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything from either Bess or Hartline that tell me they are the answer for us at WR. Ideally, I would want a team where they are the 3rd and 4th options, not the 1st and 2nd. Hartline impressed me with his hands and route running, but again, he rarely EVER breaks a tackle, and is not really a big play threat despite on HUGE game this year. Bess, is, was and should be a slot guy that helps us out on 3rd downs, not a fulltime starter that is leading the team in WR categories.

I wonder, if I could, 100% guarantee we'd have Pro Bowler at WR next season for both of this coming years 3rd round picks, would people want in on that?
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

I wonder, if I could, 100% guarantee we'd have Pro Bowler at WR next season for both of this coming years 3rd round picks, would people want in on that?

I see what you did there.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

I see what you did there.

Wink Nothing gets past my friend, PD!!
skatewood2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I haven't seen anything from either Bess or Hartline that tell me they are the answer for us at WR. Ideally, I would want a team where they are the 3rd and 4th options, not the 1st and 2nd. Hartline impressed me with his hands and route running, but again, he rarely EVER breaks a tackle, and is not really a big play threat despite on HUGE game this year. Bess, is, was and should be a slot guy that helps us out on 3rd downs, not a fulltime starter that is leading the team in WR categories.

I see what you are saying Merc, but I think if anything this season proves that Hartline can be our #2 WR. He runs great routes, has very good hands and has gotten past the CB at least once a game this season. I agree that he is not a speedster, but he can make plays. With the right #1 WR, I think that Hartline would be a great option on the outside with a speedster in the slot. I used to like Bess there, but I don't really think he has shown it this season.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

Maybe you should have your memory checked, then. Miami came into this weekend averaging the seventh fewest pass attempts per game in the NFL.

What!! Are you serious? There is no way. Tanney has like 40 attempts per game. I am not saying you are lying but it just seems they throw the ball a lot. If what you are saying is correct then Jake Long is really doing bad.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

What!! Are you serious? There is no way. Tanney has like 40 attempts per game. I am not saying you are lying but it just seems they throw the ball a lot. If what you are saying is correct then Jake Long is really doing bad.

Look it up, it's on all the stats sites. Tannehill has 363 attempts, good for 21st in the league, or a 30.25 attempt per game average. If you take out the Jets game where he got hurt, the average goes to 32.5 attempts per game. Tannehill has thrown 40 passes in a game once, and over 35 times 5 times. Two of those were in overtime games.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not an impressive year from Bess for him to reach 1,000. He's been better, Hartline has shown he can be on this team for the future, i suppose it depends what kind of role he wants and what role we will give him
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: