Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarless and Richardson to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13387
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallMeBarrett wrote:
justo wrote:
I really thought Richardson was a good player this offseason. Sucks he had the injury. I think he makes the team next year TBH. I still like him over Jennings.

Ross is a kid that never even really got called on at Cal...weird. Maybe Jennings next for IR?



Greg Jennings and Dr. Jennings FP for the last 2 days of practice and are likely to play on Sunday... am I missing something?
Finals week. Didn't hear that Greg was practicing. My bad
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9696
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is unfortunate. Two players I liked watching. But this season Q hasn't been in and Richardson hasn't seen much PT. This doesn't have much affect on the 2012 Packers. I just hope both eye a big return in 2013.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9696
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the injuries, one bright side is: We aren't the Eagles. That entire team is injured.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kal-El


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 3800
Location: Milwaukee, WI. Team: Packers.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Arodsmightybelt wrote:
ugh......next man up Sad


More like "next year up."

Evil or Very Mad


Not like this is the straw that broke the camels back. While I do agree, it was the injury to Bulaga, not these.


No, and I didn't mean to imply that either, but things do add up at some point.

Sure would have liked to see those blocking skillz out there, given the help our OL could use, and another athletic receiving TE given Finley's marginal contributions.
_________________
stockholder wrote:
Nothing coherent. Ever.

Lorde <33333333
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackMan22


Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 925
Location: Idaho
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked that Datko didn't get the call up over a WR. But I'm reading this after Lang got hurt...
_________________
Adopt-a-Packer Frank Zombo

Can we please cease and desist with the term 'professional athletes representing their country'? That term should be reserved for one man and one man only: Pat Tillman.-Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9696
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Barclay has made the roster and Datko has not tells me enough about Datko at this juncture.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7210
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
The fact that Barclay has made the roster and Datko has not tells me enough about Datko at this juncture.


Eh. We knew he was a project and needed NFL conditioning, especially coming off his shoulder injuries. I didn't expect him to do anything this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9696
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
The fact that Barclay has made the roster and Datko has not tells me enough about Datko at this juncture.


Eh. We knew he was a project and needed NFL conditioning, especially coming off his shoulder injuries. I didn't expect him to do anything this year.


I'm with you on that. But if you can't even get brought to the 53 with the way this line has played, you clearly aren't ready yet. Maybe he develops. But right now? That's a negative.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8640
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackMan22 wrote:
Shocked that Datko didn't get the call up over a WR. But I'm reading this after Lang got hurt...


Maybe we called up the WR because DD has a broken thumb? I fear we may have seen the last game with our beloved Donald in green and gold. Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terranimal


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 256
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
The fact that Barclay has made the roster and Datko has not tells me enough about Datko at this juncture.


Eh. We knew he was a project and needed NFL conditioning, especially coming off his shoulder injuries. I didn't expect him to do anything this year.


I'm with you on that. But if you can't even get brought to the 53 with the way this line has played, you clearly aren't ready yet. Maybe he develops. But right now? That's a negative.


Listening to Wilde awhile back he said the team wasn't too happy with Datko's progress so far.

Pugger: Hope not. According to Wilde with Homer and Chumura yesterday morning pre-game, it sounded like Driver could have played. Was a coach's decision to not activate him. They were probably thinking they would be alright with Jennings back along with Jones, Nelson, and Cobb and activated Boykin for emergency. Plus Boykin also plays some special teams, whereas DD doesn't.

My own personal thinking is that we are entering the stretch now and the team(Rodgers said) is treating every game like a play-off game. So they might have figured to let DD heal a bit and get Boykin some more game experience, that they were alright with the big 5 on field. Be interesting to see if nelson is good to go this week or not and if not if DD is activated. They might be saving him up for the last games and play-offs, as he heals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AtariB20


Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 3730
Location: The Real Titletown, USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it bad that every time somebody gets hurt this year, I just hope they are healed by next season. With Sherrod and now Quarlesss, that were gone for essentially two full seasons because of one injury, I just want everybody healthy going into next seasons TC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8640
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranimal wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
The fact that Barclay has made the roster and Datko has not tells me enough about Datko at this juncture.


Eh. We knew he was a project and needed NFL conditioning, especially coming off his shoulder injuries. I didn't expect him to do anything this year.


I'm with you on that. But if you can't even get brought to the 53 with the way this line has played, you clearly aren't ready yet. Maybe he develops. But right now? That's a negative.


Listening to Wilde awhile back he said the team wasn't too happy with Datko's progress so far.

Pugger: Hope not. According to Wilde with Homer and Chumura yesterday morning pre-game, it sounded like Driver could have played. Was a coach's decision to not activate him. They were probably thinking they would be alright with Jennings back along with Jones, Nelson, and Cobb and activated Boykin for emergency. Plus Boykin also plays some special teams, whereas DD doesn't.

My own personal thinking is that we are entering the stretch now and the team(Rodgers said) is treating every game like a play-off game. So they might have figured to let DD heal a bit and get Boykin some more game experience, that they were alright with the big 5 on field. Be interesting to see if nelson is good to go this week or not and if not if DD is activated. They might be saving him up for the last games and play-offs, as he heals.


Oh, good. For some reason I thought I heard he broke his thumb. My bad... Embarassed
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terranimal


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 256
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Terranimal wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
The fact that Barclay has made the roster and Datko has not tells me enough about Datko at this juncture.


Eh. We knew he was a project and needed NFL conditioning, especially coming off his shoulder injuries. I didn't expect him to do anything this year.


I'm with you on that. But if you can't even get brought to the 53 with the way this line has played, you clearly aren't ready yet. Maybe he develops. But right now? That's a negative.


Listening to Wilde awhile back he said the team wasn't too happy with Datko's progress so far.

Pugger: Hope not. According to Wilde with Homer and Chumura yesterday morning pre-game, it sounded like Driver could have played. Was a coach's decision to not activate him. They were probably thinking they would be alright with Jennings back along with Jones, Nelson, and Cobb and activated Boykin for emergency. Plus Boykin also plays some special teams, whereas DD doesn't.

My own personal thinking is that we are entering the stretch now and the team(Rodgers said) is treating every game like a play-off game. So they might have figured to let DD heal a bit and get Boykin some more game experience, that they were alright with the big 5 on field. Be interesting to see if nelson is good to go this week or not and if not if DD is activated. They might be saving him up for the last games and play-offs, as he heals.


Oh, good. For some reason I thought I heard he broke his thumb. My bad... Embarassed


Even if he did break his thumb, name one WR that didn't play with at least one broken finger when Favre was the QB......same with the TEs....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
svp


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 1113
Location: I took a football shaped pill and felt better.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No particular order...

1. Benson, Cedric RB
2. Bishop, Desmond LB
3. Bulaga, Bryan T
4. Jones, Johnny DL
5. Perry, Nick LB
6. Quarless, Andrew TE
7. Richardson, Sean S
8. Saine, Brandon RB
9. Smith, D.J. LB
10. Sherrod, Derrek T

11. Shields, Sam CB
12. Mathews, Clay LB
13. White, Johnny RB
14. Wilson, CJ DE
15. Woodson, Charles DB

Manning, Terrel LB

anyone else?
_________________
svp wrote:
Who cares?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4465
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
No particular order...

1. Benson, Cedric RB
2. Bishop, Desmond LB
3. Bulaga, Bryan T
4. Jones, Johnny DL
5. Perry, Nick LB
6. Quarless, Andrew TE
7. Richardson, Sean S
8. Saine, Brandon RB
9. Smith, D.J. LB
10. Sherrod, Derrek T

11. Shields, Sam CB
12. Mathews, Clay LB
13. White, Johnny RB
14. Wilson, CJ DE
15. Woodson, Charles DB

Manning, Terrel LB

anyone else?


Might as well add Jennings to the list because of his extended absence and Nelson because of his lingering injury.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group