You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss Reply with quote

Moncrief finished the season on fire, with over 300 yards and five touchdowns in his last two games (LSU & Mississippi State.) He's big, 6'2 215, plays pretty physically, and nfldraftscout has him running a 4.5, does anyone else think he could sneak into round 1 in 2014?

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moncrief_donte00.html
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/512013/donte-moncrief
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119721&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR

Last edited by alfalcone on Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
alfalcone

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Delete.

Last edited by alfalcone on Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a beast.... thoroughly destroyed Johnthan Banks in that rivalry game last year.

My main concern is his inconsistencies, he doesn't always seem to show up and can get taken out at times, but If he can repeat his late season success I feel he has a case to be a first round pick.
Plaxicofan7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone think Moncrief can go top 40 now?

3rd fastest WR 40-time at 6'2" 220lb!
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wondered why Moncrief is rated so lowly for a while. The guy is one of the smoothest athletes in this entire draft and the projected 40 times seemed off. I think he's a 2nd rounder for sure.

Reminds me a bit of Josh Gordon.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
jjab360

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
I've wondered why Moncrief is rated so lowly for a while. The guy is one of the smoothest athletes in this entire draft and the projected 40 times seemed off. I think he's a 2nd rounder for sure.

Because he's a pure body catcher. He's probably going to go pretty high because of the measurables, but the man just doesn't know how to use his hands, kiss of death for a WR.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Because he's a pure body catcher. He's probably going to go pretty high because of the measurables, but the man just doesn't know how to use his hands, kiss of death for a WR.

He was also inconsistent with his production. His H/W/S is definitely intriging though. He's one of those propsects that should have stayed an additional year to really work on the fine points of the receiver position; especially with a draft class this loaded with pass catchers. I think he goes the same time as Martavis Bryant; a similar player with similar measurables and similar question marks. So for me, somewhere in that third round.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Bo Wallace for production mostly. So many times he torched someone and Wallace didn't even come close.

But the hands are a concern.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Moncrief high point the football. While he will catch with his body, he's not incapable of using his hands.

Quote:

He was also inconsistent with his production. His H/W/S is definitely intriging though. He's one of those propsects that should have stayed an additional year to really work on the fine points of the receiver position; especially with a draft class this loaded with pass catchers. I think he goes the same time as Martavis Bryant; a similar player with similar measurables and similar question marks. So for me, somewhere in that third round.

He's nothing like Bryant, who is more like a James Hardy (big, straightline speed, but a stiff). Guys like Bryant are in every class. Do people just look at the box scores when they say a guy vanished, and fail to factor in QB/play game circumstance?
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most underrated WR in the draft to this point. Great combine for him.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I blame Bo Wallace for production mostly. So many times he torched someone and Wallace didn't even come close.

But the hands are a concern.

Wallace definitely missed him badly several times over the past year and that certainly affected his stats. Stats don't mean that much IMO though due to the wide variety of teammate's skill levels in college (vs. NFL caliber players). I've seen a few references to Donte not reaching out to snatch the ball. The truth is he does when he has to, but so often he was able to get so much separation (watch his wicked stop-go/double move) that he simply caught the ball at a comfortable distance from his body as opposed to fully extending his arms to make the catch. I wouldn't fault any receiver for doing that as long as he didn't let the ball into his gut, which Moncrief typically doesn't do.

Personally, I want the Bills to go after him as I'm hoping he can be a poor man's Anquan Boldin.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like 3rd round is where he is being rated right now and it's right where he deserves to be.
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I feel like 3rd round is where he is being rated right now and it's right where he deserves to be.

He won't see the 3rd Round.
battle2heaven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
jshowers wrote:

It seems to me you and Jshow lock horns a lot.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IvyLeague wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Numbers are numbers, and tape is still more important. I'm keeping Landry ahead of Moncrief in my rankings. Moncrief did move up a few spots though. Good combine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: