Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nugpimpen's first 2013 Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Nugpimpen's first 2013 Mock Reply with quote

Alright

I have seen too many Mocks on here for me not to participate so here goes.

We finish the season at 5-11 and pick 8th

Shurmur is fired

From what I have heard from Haslem, he is impressed with our recent drafts. It sounds like him and Banner were fine in Philly, so i'm calling Heckert stays! Pray

We also fire clown Childress

We keep Jauron

We try for Chip Kelly but are turned down

We get David Shaw from Stanford.

OC? Honestly no idea, give me some!

Sign a big name at CB or FS. I haven't seen the FA lists so I don't know who is re-signed or not. Sorry, too early for FA details. Hoping for Byrd, but who knows.

Sign servicable guys at either CB or FS (whichever isn't filled with a big name)

Sign a mid level TE and WR

1. Manti Teo, LB, ND - I know this is early for a LB. This guy looks to be a special player. We miss out on Moore and maybe even Jordan and feel like Teo helps out most. I don't care if we keep him in the middle and move DJ over or vice versa. They will both be great on the field together. Not my favorite pick, but a solid one for our defense.

3. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford - I think we will be a great TE in the pros and could help Weeden out big time

4. Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa - Should help our secondary out here

5. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (OH) - Calm down. Just in case Laughing

6. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas - Get another young pass rusher.

7. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - May not last this long but who knows.

I role with Rucker as our starter for another year at DE. He's not that bad and has been playing hard.

Maybe we will suck hard enough for Clowney next year lol

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it... good stuff.

(Less detail is less for people to gripe about haha)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the free agency. Just to throw out some names for you Keenan Lewis would be my #1 target this offseason. He's not a stud but will make a very good duece across from Haden. Glover Quin and Louis Delmas are other options that look good besides Jairus Byrd.

I love getting a player of Jeffcoat's caliber in the 6th round but I highly doubt it happens. He tore a pectoral which as we know is nothing serious(DQ and Big Philly). He would be a 3rd rounder at worst if he comes out IMO. The depth of the DE class is very weak and won't allow Jeffcoat to fall very far.

I like Zach Ertz. He has some work to do as a blocker and route runner but for a 3rd rounder its a chance I would take for sure.

I don't like Manti Te'o that high but this draft is horribly weak and he may very well be the best option at 8.

The others players I have no opinion on one way or the other.

Solid.

Jamison on the sig
DawgX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the Browns should sign a free agent free safety. There's none worth taking where the Browns will be picking in round one and they don't have a second round pick. You should name specific players instead of just saying which positions they should address. Isn't that the point of a mock? Wink

I'd be cool with David Shaw. There might be a few coaches who I'd prefer over him, but I think he could be a good head coach in the NFL and he's a realistic option. Let's hope he turns out as good as the last Stanford head coach who moved on to the NFL.

Teo is one of the players I want most, so it's a good pick depending on who else is available.

Not a big fan of drafting a tight end. Jordan Cameron looks like he might become a good starter and they have a couple of solid backups. Plus, you have the Browns signing a tight end in free agency. The Browns don't have the luxury of spending high draft picks on positions that aren't big needs unless that player has elite potential. This is especially the case when they already are without a second round pick.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot but DE addressed late..... Confused

But hey you can't hit them all in one offseason.

8 for Te'o is a good spot though.....Werner might be there as well.

I like Te'o in the 1st BUT....how does a Heckart as a GM and a LB 1dst work?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

I like Te'o in the 1st BUT....how does a Heckart as a GM and a LB 1dst work?

It works when Teo is the only player talented enough to justify being drafted that high.

At some point, every GM will disregard the position a player plays if the talent level is too much to pass up.

I honestly think that the pick in the first round needs to be Moore or Teo. Nobody else warrants a top 10 pick.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

I like Te'o in the 1st BUT....how does a Heckart as a GM and a LB 1st work?

It works when Teo is the only player talented enough to justify being drafted that high.

At some point, every GM will disregard the position a player plays if the talent level is too much to pass up.

I honestly think that the pick in the first round needs to be Moore or Teo. Nobody else warrants a top 10 pick.

I don't disagree I just wonder about a pick "which I like" that runs counter to a GM's MO. It is something I have been wondering about when I try to mock Te'o. It's one of the reasons I throw C.Barwin in there in my mocks to mitigate that.

bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

I don't disagree I just wonder about a pick "which I like" that runs counter to a GM's MO. It is something I have been wondering about when I try to mock Te'o. It's one of the reasons I throw C.Barwin in there in my mocks to mitigate that.

Your right, it is against Heckert's draft philosophy to draft a LB in the first.

The other thing to consider is Heckert is also a guy that will "go get his guy" if that is how the situation looks. If Moore is his man, but feels he will be gone by the time we draft, I'm sure he will make a trade to go get him.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Your right, it is against Heckert's draft philosophy to draft a LB in the first.

The other thing to consider is Heckert is also a guy that will "go get his guy" if that is how the situation looks. If Moore is his man, but feels he will be gone by the time we draft, I'm sure he will make a trade to go get him.

Not sure he has the ammo for a trade up.... Confused

bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

So offense, but I hate this excuse.

Any team can do whatever they want every year. Players, multiple picks this year, picks next year, and picks after that can all be used in a trade. Too many people rely on the TVC. GM's don't care about that.

Its not like we will be trading up like ATL did with us. I'd imagine it would be 10 spots at most we would have to move up, and in a draft that is void of talent in the top 10 picks, I'd say it would be rather easy to do.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

So offense, but I hate this excuse.

Any team can do whatever they want every year. Players, multiple picks this year, picks next year, and picks after that can all be used in a trade. Too many people rely on the TVC. GM's don't care about that.

Its not like we will be trading up like ATL did with us. I'd imagine it would be 10 spots at most we would have to move up, and in a draft that is void of talent in the top 10 picks, I'd say it would be rather easy to do.

If we pick 8 and Moore is going top 5, I would think our 3rd and maybe a mid rounder next year could do it.

I really hate trading up because we aren't one go away though.

I love Moore, but he's not a once in ahwhile prospect.

Now if we were trading up next year for Clowney... Very Happy

Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mention of Davis, but the same people who didn't like Shumur's resume will like his even less.

I would love to keep Jauron, but that will probably be the head coach's call.

It will be difficult to find a better OC than Childress, his experience in incredibly valuable.

Replacing the HC, OC, and DC in a single year will have a negative impact on the team by default, if we add any drastic philosophical changes...it can be disastrous.

I like the position targets in free agency. I would add a vet OL (to replace Cousins).

I really like your draft and would be very excited if we drafted those players. There is absolutely nothing wrong with drafting a QB in the 5th round, btw Smile

Rucker's role is a run stopper and he comes out in just about every sub package. I would very much like to get another DE in free agency, maybe even as a stop-gap until the 2014 draft.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
I like the mention of Davis, but the same people who didn't like Shumur's resume will like his even less.

I would love to keep Jauron, but that will probably be the head coach's call.

It will be difficult to find a better OC than Childress, his experience in incredibly valuable.

Replacing the HC, OC, and DC in a single year will have a negative impact on the team by default, if we add any drastic philosophical changes...it can be disastrous.

I like the position targets in free agency. I would add a vet OL (to replace Cousins).

I really like your draft and would be very excited if we drafted those players. There is absolutely nothing wrong with drafting a QB in the 5th round, btw Smile

Rucker's role is a run stopper and he comes out in just about every sub package. I would very much like to get another DE in free agency, maybe even as a stop-gap until the 2014 draft.

Childress has a decent resume but if he is the one calling plays, then he needs replaced.

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
I like it... good stuff.

I'll try a mock draft then, my 1st ever:

1st. Great player

3rd. Good player

4th. contributor

5th. Project

6th. Special teamer

7th. quality backup, potential starting capabilities

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
I like it... good stuff.

I'll try a mock draft then, my 1st ever:

1st. Great player

3rd. Good player

4th. contributor

5th. Project

6th. Special teamer

7th. quality backup, potential starting capabilities

C'mon man..."Good player" in the 3rd? "Better player" is the clear choice...he outperformed "Good player" in most metrics. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: