Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Underclassmen Decision Thread (LEWAN STAYS!!!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Lewan and Matthews stay. Big ouch for the fans of the Bird Gang.

This a game changer.

I'm not worried over this. Don't have to decide between Lewan & Warmack. It might however affect #38 whereas as any chance guys like Fisher or Johnson probably don't make it. I'm assuming of course Warmack makes it to #7. Keim already questioned our lines' physicality so it would make sense.

Bolded: You need to have options. Always need options. No Matthews, no Lewan, far fewer options.

And ya, it really hurts us at 38 because everyone gets pushed up a peg or 2. This is not good for us.

You think it affects Barrett Jones? I mean he won't be drafted as a tackle but the versatility might boost his stock with guys like Mathews/Lewan staying...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know of any good LT in the NFL that is at least 305. The NFL is a bigger game, he'll have to add weight
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I dont know of any good LT in the NFL that is at least 305. The NFL is a bigger game, he'll have to add weight

Just like Russell Wilson needed to be taller, Frank Gore needed to be faster, Anquan Boldin needed to be faster, Dwight Freeney needed to be taller.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Just like Russell Wilson needed to be taller, Frank Gore needed to be faster, Anquan Boldin needed to be faster, Dwight Freeney needed to be taller.

The NFL is a bigger game than college. He can get away with being 297 at Syracuse, but he can't get away with it in the NFL. He has to go up against bigger, stronger, and much better competition than in college, so he should definitely look to put on about 10 pounds.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

The NFL is a bigger game than college. He can get away with being 297 at Syracuse, but he can't get away with it in the NFL. He has to go up against bigger, stronger, and much better competition than in college, so he should definitely look to put on about 10 pounds.

Just like Anquan Boldin was not fast enough to play in the NFL right. 8-10 pounds is not going to make the difference between a great NFL LT and a washout at the position.

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Just like Anquan Boldin was not fast enough to play in the NFL right. 8-10 pounds is not going to make the difference between a great NFL LT and a washout at the position.

There was an issue about Nate Potter being too light. Adding weight helps in the run game. He needs strength to drive strong defensive lineman back and create holes for the RB
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
There was an issue about Nate Potter being too light. Adding weight helps in the run game. He needs strength to drive strong defensive lineman back and create holes for the RB

Potters issue had nothing to do with his weight, it had to do with his in game strength, he had trouble anchoring vs the bull rush in college and was a directional blocker in the running game. That cannot be said for Pugh.

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Potters issue had nothing to do with his weight, it had to do with his in game strength, he had trouble anchoring vs the bull rush in college and was a directional blocker in the running game. That cannot be said for Pugh.

Pugh will put on some weight whether its before the combine or after the draft, i think he will put on the weight and that could make him more effective in both the pass and run game
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lewan, you've screwed us big time. Either would have bumped another key player down to us or could have been our LT.

Big big blow that makes zero sense.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Well Lewan, you've screwed us big time. Either would have bumped another key player down to us or could have been our LT.

Big big blow that makes zero sense.

He wants to spend time in college, wants to be the top tackle in 2014 (Which he could be depending on Matthews transition to LT)

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting choice

But he is going to play on eggshells in 2013 to avoid injury
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following players are in:

Tom Wort LB OU

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/tom-wort-leaving-sooners-for-the-nfl/

DJ Fluker OL Bama
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/16/saban-expects-fluker-to-leave-for-nfl/

Chris Faulk OL LSU
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/01/ot_chris_faulk_the_latest_lsu.html

Geathers NT Georgia
http://georgia.247sports.com/Article/UGA-junior-DL-Kwame-Geathers-to-declare-for-NFL-Draft-110603

Over 10 from LSU this year already !! That has to be a record.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

This a game changer.

I'm not worried over this. Don't have to decide between Lewan & Warmack. It might however affect #38 whereas as any chance guys like Fisher or Johnson probably don't make it. I'm assuming of course Warmack makes it to #7. Keim already questioned our lines' physicality so it would make sense.

Bolded: You need to have options. Always need options. No Matthews, no Lewan, far fewer options.

And ya, it really hurts us at 38 because everyone gets pushed up a peg or 2. This is not good for us.

You think it affects Barrett Jones? I mean he won't be drafted as a tackle but the versatility might boost his stock with guys like Mathews/Lewan staying...

I think the lisfranc hurts Jones pretty bad, in all honesty. Very difficult injury to come back from. A few players haven't been able to bounce back from it at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

This a game changer.

I think the lisfranc hurts Jones pretty bad, in all honesty. Very difficult injury to come back from. A few players haven't been able to bounce back from it at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_fracture
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cards czar wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

This a game changer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_fracture

Yup. Complicated injury that isn't necessarily easy to bounce back from, even though Jones is going the route of surgery which is reportedly more successful than non-operative treatment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: