Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Jarvis Jones Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones anybody? Me personally this is the dude I want to help the silver and black produce some sacks. If he is not there I say we trade down and pick up Manti Teo and pick up some extra picks. Anyway we have a shot at him or is he guaranteed the 2nd player taken in the draft?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up with his injury history?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure on his injury history, but it didn't seem to slow him down at Georgia double sack machine. A von miller type player in the silver and black i would love to see.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
whats up with his injury history?

He has spinal stenosis. From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_stenosis

Spinal stenosis is an abnormal narrowing (stenosis) of the spinal canal that may occur in any of the regions of the spine. This narrowing causes a restriction to the spinal canal, resulting in a neurological deficit. Symptoms include pain, numbness, paraesthesia, and loss of motor control. The location of the stenosis determines which area of the body is affected.[1] With spinal stenosis, the spinal canal is narrowed at the vertebral canal, which is a foramen between the vertebrae where the spinal cord (in the cervical or thoracic spine) or nerve roots (in the lumbar spine) pass through.[2] There are several types of spinal stenosis: lumbar stenosis and cervical stenosis being the most frequent. While lumbar spinal stenosis is more common, cervical spinal stenosis is more dangerous because it involves compression of the spinal cord.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the real deal. Crazy injury risk though. Otherwise he would be a lock top 3 pick, potentially #1 (and he still might be).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take me some Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, or Manti Te'o.
I'd take Te'o out of the 3 because he's a Reggie type of player, and besides when is the last time a Samoan was as disappointing as a Al Davis draft pick? They're all awesome at football!

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I'd take Te'o out of the 3 because he's a Reggie type of player, and besides when is the last time a Samoan was as disappointing as a Al Davis draft pick? They're all awesome at football!

I doubt a MLB with a top 5 pick is a Reggie kind of move though, at least I hope not. He shouldn't need reminding what happened to his old organisation when they went for a MLB with a high pick.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

I doubt a MLB with a top 5 pick is a Reggie kind of move though, at least I hope not. He shouldn't need reminding what happened to his old organisation when they went for a MLB with a high pick.

AJ Hawk aint Samoan. Yes, I put stock into his descent. Football is like a religion to some of them man! This young man can step in this locker room and provide LOADS of leadership and intensity. His character is outstanding. 2 things this defense has zero of, well Lamarr Houston is that but that's why he's a cornerstone in our future as well.
I'd love a Te'o pickup.

-Kendrick Lamar
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
He's the real deal. Crazy injury risk though. Otherwise he would be a lock top 3 pick, potentially #1 (and he still might be).

Oh yeah, he's a beast no doubt. He's very Von Miller-like. I wonder how he'll fair after the combine.

-Kendrick Lamar
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

AJ Hawk aint Samoan. Yes, I put stock into his descent. Football is like a religion to some of them man! This young man can step in this locker room and provide LOADS of leadership and intensity. His character is outstanding. 2 things this defense has zero of, well Lamarr Houston is that but that's why he's a cornerstone in our future as well.
I'd love a Te'o pickup.

Is Rey Saoman?
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

I'd love a Te'o pickup.

Is Rey Saoman?

I stand corrected....I'll settle for Star Lotulelei. He has a Samoan sounding name Laughing

-Kendrick Lamar
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he takes a Claiborne like drop in the draft. Dream situation would be to trade down and for him to still be there for us

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Oh yeah, he's a beast no doubt. He's very Von Miller-like. I wonder how he'll fair after the combine.

I think he will be at the top of everyone's list besides any medical staff.

I don't think the common fan knows that he left USC to go to Georgia because the USC medical staff would not clear him to play. Pretty amazing story, more amazing talent, but the injury potential is very real. It reminds me a bit of Da'quan Bowers last year, but this guy is the best football player in the draft in my opinion. I would still be excited for what he could bring if we would draft him, but I wish him the best wherever he goes.

All eyes should be on him against Alabama on Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I don't think the common fan knows that he left USC to go to Georgia because the USC medical staff would not clear him to play. Pretty amazing story, more amazing talent, but the injury potential is very real. It reminds me a bit of Da'quan Bowers last year, but this guy is the best football player in the draft in my opinion. I would still be excited for what he could bring if we would draft him, but I wish him the best wherever he goes.

"injury potential" isn't the right description for him. His back issue is there to stay, and will shorten his career as a result. He should be good for whatever team drafts him, but the question is how long.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

"injury potential" isn't the right description for him. His back issue is there to stay, and will shorten his career as a result. He should be good for whatever team drafts him, but the question is how long.

That's fair. A short career is what he faces. But I would still consider it an injury potential, because it could take one bad hit or a tackle the wrong way to make him hang 'em up for good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: