You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive Line

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fgs5635

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Offensive Line Reply with quote

I know we all had our eye on signing Hutch and maybe bentley. But the reason we are not going after these guys may not be down to TT. When jags 1st came onto the packers staff he said that he had no big names at Atlanta when he took over their OL. He had 3 7th round draft picks, a 5th rounder and a undrafted FA to work with. He turned them into the line that blocked for the most rushing yards last year. He also said that the current packers OL has way more talent than he had at Atlanta.
The reason TT hasn't made a move for Hutch etc maybe down to jags saying we already have the guys to play our new scheme.
epackfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Offensive Line Reply with quote

fgs5635 wrote:
I know we all had our eye on signing Hutch and maybe bentley. But the reason we are not going after these guys may not be down to TT. When jags 1st came onto the packers staff he said that he had no big names at Atlanta when he took over their OL. He had 3 7th round draft picks, a 5th rounder and a undrafted FA to work with. He turned them into the line that blocked for the most rushing yards last year. He also said that the current packers OL has way more talent than he had at Atlanta.
The reason TT hasn't made a move for Hutch etc maybe down to jags saying we already have the guys to play our new scheme.

I remember reading Jags saying this line is a lot better than the line he had in Atlanta. Still I see TT drafting a couple of guys to compete. Maybe picking up a couple of 2nd tier guys in FA again. The more linemen you have in camp, the better chance some cream rises to the top.
fgs5635

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to find a link to the article

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/01/31/1/
brad palmeter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our line next year.....ChadLT. WellsLG, WhiteC, CostonRG, MarkRT. Mark my words.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad palmeter wrote:
Our line next year.....ChadLT. WellsLG, WhiteC, CostonRG, MarkRT. Mark my words.

I'm in decent agreement with you, but I think they'll look for a G in the 2nd or 3rd. There's some pretty good ones.

What about this:
LT : Chad Clifton
LG : Davin Joseph/Mark Setterstrom
C : Scott Wells
RG : Junius Coston
RT : Mark Tauscher

Yes, the interior will take practice to develop. Like training camp, without an uncertinty in the order until the regular season opener. I think that, more then lack of talent, is why the OL never came together last year
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SE500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will bring in a veteran to compete at some point, either among the available free agents presently or a vet who is yet to be cut. We will also draft someone but the veteran who will be signed will be starter quality. We are very early into free agency. No way we will go into the season counting on any of last years back ups to become starters....
BigMiG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the line I would like to see

Clifton LT- obviously
Davin Joseph/ Setterstrom/ D Colledge LG
FLanny C- I dont know if Wells has got what it takes, White could overtake Wells
Stephen Neal - Coston pushing for time
Taush RT-obviously
I'll be the first person to buy a Packers #47 jersey.
fgs5635

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of this was to point out that guys who we deemed not good enough, could suddenly flourish in our new scheme.
There are a small number of people who can coach the gibbs scheme and jags is one of them. He turned a mediocre OL into the line that blocked for the most rushing yards last year. Now he's come here, assessed our linemen and said they are better than atlanta's.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: